DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Every Word Handwritten"- short film

Go down 
+57
thomas94
Yozzy
Ghost
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Coma Girl
Jerseyrain
CluckyB
moconnell23
rem999
Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool
ral
onbackstreetsinbackseats
pauldt1969
turnitin2004
kevin_slack
Rizz
thevachon
NYYFAN523
El Jefe
matkins
19thirty
steady now steady now
SirBrad
prettyontheinsidex
Zach_Edelman
fatbench
rumham
f1schu111
NeverTrustAJunkie
bringiton
borrowedcar
Debonair
loazis
Shrewsbury_Stars
TGAFAN25
33RPMHero
DiamondSinatra
zerb012345
brucesboots
AngryJohnnyN1930
acousticbandit
AGoodTime
HorribleCrowe
TGAforLIFE
azlisa
CapedAvenger
StitchesOnTheRadio
CasanovaBaby90
bringiton_ty
HolyBreakOfDay
Harbortown
njguy99
Down by the Mersey
enola
Labhras
Hanswurst
61 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

"Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 12:49 am

Haha you did see me! I got a full 4 seconds as opposed to the nano second in the music vid. That was a nice surprise! Rob was in it too during that scene! That's cute about the actor and his ladyfriend. Thanks for the report on the event!

I thought Alex did a great job with the score. And I love the visuals, although the video kept doing this weird suddenly dark then back to light thing? did that happen to anyone else? Drove me nuts!

I liked it overall but I agree with Matt, I kinda expected it to expand the story rather than just slow it down? (not that it really was slow). Ah well, I'd probably feel the opposite if I'd seen the film first and the video second.

Forgetting the video exists, I love it!
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 1:14 am

Also can I say Kevin Slack is adorable and for some reason I pictured him much older? OK I just did.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 1:21 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Also can I say Kevin Slack is adorable and for some reason I pictured him much older? OK I just did.

lol! I agree.

You know what else is adorable? How supportive these guys are of each other. I liked what Benny said about Alex R. and encouraging him to try and score the film (in the article).
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 1:26 am

I think its funny how when big news sites report on the band, they always get the info from the sink or swim era wrong. "I'da Called You Joe" is supposedly the name of the song according to RS. It's almost like a joke
Back to top Go down
19thirty
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 1:43 am

Wish I would have knew Rolling Stone was going to stream it!

Edit: I see it's up there still..gonna go check it out!

Last edited by 19thirty on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 1:45 am

I thought it was cute as well. Especially how they had the red cap and the lighter signify to us who was who once the characters got older. it was a nice little film, reminds me of frank capra or something like that. simple, straightforward. with some nice subtleties
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 2:55 am

If people enjoyed this they should really watch Fish Story. Same general idea but a full movie and like a million times better (no offense to Benny... but this was kinda just like, underwhelming to say the least)
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 3:36 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:

lol! I agree.

High Five

Off topic: I just now noticed you were at The Revival Tour in the UK.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 4:07 am

I agree with a lot of you guys: it was a little disappointing. Not that it wasn't well done, but it really didn't add anything to the music video and I felt lacked the emotional punch of the shorter version.

But, as Kevin Slack said during the q&a, this was designed from the outset to be an add-on to the video - the video was their first priority. So perhaps something was sacrificed along the way.

I'll be very curious to watch Kevin and Benny's next project together. Both said they are working on a feature.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 4:09 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:

lol! I agree.

High Five

Really, which dates did you go to?
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 4:11 am

PS: The whole band was there, except Brian. Kevin Slack made a joke about that during the q&a, about Brian wanting them to show the notes written on the record sleeve and he and Benny deciding against it.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 4:13 am

Just watched the short film on Rollingstone and I loved it.

The story works wonderful and is told in a very kind of romantic, nostlagic way. And the look & feel of the film fits perfectly. Also it's done very well with paying attention to a lot of the little details. Great job of the guys! Happy they made that film Smile

Wish I could have been there at the premiere. Not only for the film but also to meet Kevin and tell him in person Smile
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 4:44 am

enola wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:

lol! I agree.

High Five

Really, which dates did you go to?

Yeah! October 15th 2011, @ Shepherd's Bush in London. One of the best shows I've seen and I fell in love with Dave Hause that night, haha.

@enola I agree with you about the details! For instance, I loved that Handwritten was playing in the record store and all the visual elements that connect the younger characters to their older versions. I want to meet Kevin too! Grr not being close to the city.

Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 7:40 am

The films ok. I kinda thought the boy who receives the record at the beginning was very cringey. I could barely watch the scene in the bedroom but after that it was good. Thats my 2 cents
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 10:57 am

I liked it. I watched it never having seen the Handwritten video before. I then watched the Handwritten video after and liked the short film even more.
Back to top Go down
Coma Girl
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Coma Girl

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 11:53 am

I love it - i've watched it three times now and every time its made me cry. The video for Handwritten did the same when i first saw it too.

Love it
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 12:35 pm

Very fun time last night.

One inconsequential/dumb/loserish observation: Why did the dude use a milk crate to hall like 5 records to the store? For some reason I found that really funny.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 12:37 pm

Yeah! October 15th 2011, @ Shepherd's Bush in London. One of the best shows I've seen and I fell in love with Dave Hause that night, haha.

Haha I was there too. Pity we didn't meet ...
Back to top Go down
borrowedcar
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 1:27 pm

i didn't think it was that great, the video looked like it had a lot of potential but the short film just feels like a letdown
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 5:07 pm

There seem to be some scenes in the video that aren't in the short film. Or am I crazy.
Back to top Go down
borrowedcar
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 6:21 pm

^you aren't
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 6:46 pm

Can I stream this from RS site then? (Sorry if thats been asked)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 7:15 pm

bringiton_ty wrote:
Can I stream this from RS site then? (Sorry if thats been asked)

As far as i understand you can, I have not had time to sit down and watch it yet but as i understand you can watch it on the following link...
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/videos/gaslight-anthem-explore-musics-power-in-every-word-handwritten-20130219
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 9:40 pm

Here's my rinky dink film review and a recap of the Q&A (what I could remember cus I didn't record it).

http://www.examiner.com/article/film-every-word-handwritten-shows-there-s-more-to-a-vinyl-than-meets-the-eye
Back to top Go down
borrowedcar
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 9:52 pm

^awesome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Every Word Handwritten"- short film
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next