DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Every Word Handwritten"- short film

Go down 
+57
thomas94
Yozzy
Ghost
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Coma Girl
Jerseyrain
CluckyB
moconnell23
rem999
Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool
ral
onbackstreetsinbackseats
pauldt1969
turnitin2004
kevin_slack
Rizz
thevachon
NYYFAN523
El Jefe
matkins
19thirty
steady now steady now
SirBrad
prettyontheinsidex
Zach_Edelman
fatbench
rumham
f1schu111
NeverTrustAJunkie
bringiton
borrowedcar
Debonair
loazis
Shrewsbury_Stars
TGAFAN25
33RPMHero
DiamondSinatra
zerb012345
brucesboots
AngryJohnnyN1930
acousticbandit
AGoodTime
HorribleCrowe
TGAforLIFE
azlisa
CapedAvenger
StitchesOnTheRadio
CasanovaBaby90
bringiton_ty
HolyBreakOfDay
Harbortown
njguy99
Down by the Mersey
enola
Labhras
Hanswurst
61 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage

"Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 8:24 pm

NYYFAN523 wrote:
Is the poster already off of the site?

It sold out in like 10 minutes!
Back to top Go down
thevachon
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
thevachon

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 8:26 pm

I bought one because I genuinely loved the poster. I already have a lot of things signed by them but this was just a nice bonus. I have a dozen or so El Jefe posters and love them all. Stoked to get this one get it framed and get it up on my wall.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/matt.vachon.7
NYYFAN523
A Contender
A Contender
NYYFAN523

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 8:28 pm

stepsandnumbers wrote:
NYYFAN523 wrote:
Is the poster already off of the site?

It sold out in like 10 minutes!

Well that explains it, lol. Really hope they release non-signed versions. Have never bought an El Jefe poster but this is a must have.
Back to top Go down
http://every-word-handwritten.tumblr.com/
Rizz
A Contender
A Contender
Rizz

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 8:35 pm

Just got a confirmation for the movie. It was in my spam folder.
Back to top Go down
kevin_slack
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 12:46 am

Hey everyone!
I have started an Every Word Handwritten facebook page to keep you all updated about giveaways, festivals screenings and any other info. Please "like" the page if you are interested.

Again I can't thank you all for the support throughout the years. I feel incredibly blessed to be a part of this Gaslight Anthem family. Hope to see alot of you on the 19th in New York City

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Every-Word-Handwritten/270277206416628?fref=ts

cheers
Kevin
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 2:44 am

Thank YOU Kevin!

Yay I'm in a few of the photos! So is Rob!
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 4:43 am

So excited to get mine!!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 6:17 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Thank YOU Kevin!

Yay I'm in a few of the photos! So is Rob!

It wouldn't be a Gaslight video/photoshoot if you weren't, Shelby queen
Back to top Go down
bringiton
Wooderson
Wooderson
bringiton

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 7:58 am

So hope I get one that El Jefe is releasing this Friday. $45 is a fair price IMO.

The availability and demand won't stack up too well though.

Thanks for them behind the scene photos Kevin, looks awesome.
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 2:37 pm

Its limited to one per address so hopefully we can get one Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 2:41 pm

dont think he has many, less than 100
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 3:08 pm

To say is it "worth" 75$ means so many different things. Could the poster be worth 25 and the 4 guys signatures worth 50? Probably. If they make it really big will it go for more on ebay in years if there are only 200 copies? Probably. Did I buy my copy for that reason, no. I thought the poster was gorgeous and it would be cool to have a professional looking thing like that on my wall.

I've been to about 8-10 shows, and have never been able to meet the band. Would love to be able to get them to sign stuff, but as they continue to get bigger I can only assume that more and more unlikely.

I think 75$ is more than reasonable when you consider what merch sells for these days. But again, just an opinion.
Back to top Go down
19thirty
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 3:31 pm

brucesboots wrote:
dont think he has many, less than 100

I was thinking like 25. He said he only had a few!
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 4:12 pm

Lots of speculation as for how much the poster is really worth. The fact that many of us on here who are obviously the "bigger" fans of TGA were unwilling to spend more than we originally thought it was going to cost (seems to be around $50 for most) that it's probably not going to be worth too much more than $75. And as others have pointed out, if this is theoretically the cheapest the poster will ever cost, if fans were unwilling to spend an extra $25 assuming that they could, why would they spend 2-3x as much in the future? This poster seemed to be valuable to fans if they could get it at the right price. Obviously I could be completely wrong and Gaslight blows up and their memorabilia becomes super valuable, but realistically I don't necessarily see that happening. As for the autograph, assuming of course you had the option between signed and unsigned and you wanted it signed, I would imagine it's worth the extra $30 to not have to bring the poster to a concert with the hopes that you might luck out and meet them afterwards.

Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 4:55 pm

What do you guys think determines a poster's cost and worth? I'm not setting you up for an argument, I'm just curious what criteria you're going by.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 6:09 pm

The worth of the poster is what people are willing to pay for it...

Given that this initial run sold out so quickly at a price of $75, then the value of the poster is higher than the initial asking price.
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 6:18 pm

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
The worth of the poster is what people are willing to pay for it...

Given that this initial run sold out so quickly at a price of $75, then the value of the poster is higher than the initial asking price.

True, but at the same time, if the majority of people who didn't purchase the poster because it cost $75 are theoretically the re-sale market, then the poster isn't worth $75 anymore. It seemed like alot of people on facebook/twitter/dss had the opportunity to purchase but backed out because of the cost. Like any collectable, it's about finding the right buyer. Although, I assume most people who did buy do not intend to sell so it may be a moot point. I know there was alot of excitement online about how quick the posters sold out, but to be fair Gaslight has had a cult following that has only grown as they've gotten larger, and people saw this poster back in November, so I'm not entirely shocked that it sold out so quick.
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 7:38 pm

Damn, that was close when I bought mine.........I think if my computer had taken 1 more minute I wouldnt have gotten one of the posters. I didn't notice that moon was like a record in the sky. I am stoked for this.
Back to top Go down
19thirty
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 7:39 pm

Go check some of the completed listings on ebay! Look at the prices of some of the other older El Jefe prints! The highest went for $340 and most of the other one were sold well over a hundred dollars. This print will have no problem fetching that much money down the road. And I'm willing to bet that both the signed and unsigned one will get more than retail price right now on ebay! Most people will probably be paying $75 for the unsigned one.... once then pop up on ebay in a few wks. Be ready and quick tomorrow if you plan on EVER getting one for under $50!

Back to top Go down
pauldt1969
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 8:32 am

I decided to go for one of the 200 band-signed copies not knowing how much it was going to cost. I was surprised to find it priced at $75 but went for it anyway, even though I couldn't really afford to do so. I'm now just waiting for it to wing its way to the UK and am hoping 1) that it arrives in good condition and 2) that the signatures don't obliterate El Jefe's fabulous artwork. I'd have bought it without the signatures at this price - in fact I might even have preferred it without them since I have them a couple of times already. I guess it comes down to what you think you're buying and what you think it's worth. I don't see it as a "poster" but as a wonderful piece of art - in which case $75 is dirt cheap. I'll never sell it.

For those going for the El Jefe signed copies later, good luck!
Back to top Go down
bringiton
Wooderson
Wooderson
bringiton

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 3:36 pm

Sitting waiting for them now. Hope I get lucky or I will probably end up paying a couple hundred dollars at some point

I'll probably articulate why I didn't want to pay $75 at a later point.

edit: cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 4:01 pm

easy enough
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 4:01 pm

Yes! got one! Thank you high speed internet. Good luck everyone!
Back to top Go down
onbackstreetsinbackseats
A Contender
A Contender
onbackstreetsinbackseats

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 4:03 pm

Got one.
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 4:09 pm

And they're gone...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Every Word Handwritten"- short film   "Every Word Handwritten"- short film - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Every Word Handwritten"- short film
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next