DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?

Go down 
+9
TheContender
J_Bizness
simo
CluckyB
VanillaMintFusion
DeathoftheCool
A_Regular
Afzoomie67
Joking1024
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Joking1024
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?  Empty
PostSubject: What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?    What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 5:22 pm

I was at the Fine Line in Mpls last night and the band came on stage to a great punk track with big guitar and some chanting. The crowd seemed to know what it was but I forgot to ask someone. Any help appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Afzoomie67
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Afzoomie67

PostSubject: Re: What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?    What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 5:41 pm

I'm not sure if they still do, but I've seen them walk onstage to Hot Water Music's "Trusty Chords".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dmy7PZuk4E0
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?    What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 5:41 pm

Just by that description, Hot Water Music? Pure guess though. Bouncing Souls?
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?    What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 5:42 pm

Afzoomie67 wrote:
I'm not sure if they still do, but I've seen them walk onstage to Hot Water Music's "Trusty Chords".

That's what I was thinking.
Back to top Go down
Afzoomie67
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Afzoomie67

PostSubject: Re: What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?    What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 5:45 pm

Bluuu wrote:
Afzoomie67 wrote:

That's what I was thinking.

That's how I found HWM from the beginning of a live Gaslight show.
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?    What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 5:46 pm

Nice!

Also, your avatar is MY avatar on the Against Me! forum, and my favorite record of all time. Good looks kid.
Back to top Go down
Afzoomie67
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Afzoomie67

PostSubject: Re: What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?    What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 5:51 pm

Bluuu wrote:
Nice!

Also, your avatar is MY avatar on the Against Me! forum, and my favorite record of all time. Good looks kid.

Haha, before I got into the album "London Calling", I had found Give 'Em Enough Rope on YouTube, and listened to it, so I had to buy it.. and I did. Then checked my families Itunes library for Clash music, and realized my brother bought London Calling and Sandinista! I love Give 'Em Enough Rope.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?    What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 5:53 pm

They've been walking onstage to Sabotage also. But it might have changed at this point
Back to top Go down
VanillaMintFusion
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
VanillaMintFusion

PostSubject: Re: What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?    What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 7:04 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:
They've been walking onstage to Sabotage also. But it might have changed at this point
Yup, that's what they opened with for the Euro gigs I went to. No clue what the US gigs are opening with atm.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?    What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 9:38 pm

Assuming it was the same song they used in Portland and Seattle it wasn't HWM or the Souls. But that song sounded more hard rock than punk to me. Don't recall what is was though...
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?    What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 1:07 am

It was "Waiting Room" by Fugazi tonight.
Back to top Go down
Joking1024
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?    What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 4:36 pm

I think I found my answer - Ruby Soho by Rancid. Thanks All!
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?    What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 4:43 pm

Get the whole album joking, I'd even say it's the best punk release of the 90's
Back to top Go down
J_Bizness
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?    What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 5:17 pm

simo wrote:
It was "Waiting Room" by Fugazi tonight.

I was at the Fine Line show too. That is the song they came in to.
Back to top Go down
TheContender
A Contender
A Contender
TheContender

PostSubject: Re: What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?    What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 6:26 pm

What a great song to take the stage to (Waiting Room).....it was perfect for the build up, then them immediately jamming into Great Expectations..loved it.

It's the only Fugazi song I've had on my iPod, ironically, so I knew it immediately.
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?    What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 6:29 pm

Waiting Room is the only song of theirs I can get into
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?    What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 6:32 pm

Fugazi is another one of my Top 5 of all time in addition to Gaslight. Love it when things like this line up together.
Back to top Go down
Afzoomie67
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Afzoomie67

PostSubject: Re: What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?    What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 5:16 pm

I used to be big into Rancid. Rancid got me into the Clash and then I got into Gaslight..somehow.
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?    What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 5:16 pm

Afzoomie67 wrote:
I used to be big into Rancid. Rancid got me into the Clash and then I got into Gaslight..somehow.
Back to top Go down
thebiglebowski
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?    What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 7:51 pm

A_Regular wrote:
Waiting Room is the only song of theirs I can get into

You'd probably like "merchandise" if you haven't heard it. I agree with their stuff being hit and miss.

As for Rancid, that record is incredible. Hands down, best bass player in rock music. Not many guys can play well enough to feature a bass rather than have it just being a rhythm instrument.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?    What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 8:32 pm

I love Fugazi. They have a lot of different stuff. Personally I think The Argument is their best record and that was the last one. So if you've only heard one or two, give the others a try.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?    What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 10:24 pm

1-2-3 Repeater!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
thebiglebowski
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?    What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 10:54 pm

I feel the same way about Fugazi as I do the Pixies. There are some GREAT songs but a lot of it is just filler. They deserve credit due to being leaders/originators in their scenes, not necessarily for making a ton of excellent songs.

If Fugazi made their first record today they would just be another band on No Idea Records.
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?    What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 1:17 am

Their best album was Argument. It's not my favorite of theirs (I'm a Red Medicine guy) but genuinely think the Argument is their best/most mature.
Back to top Go down
Afzoomie67
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Afzoomie67

PostSubject: Re: What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?    What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 5:10 pm

My English teacher for freshman year was in a band that opened up for Fugazi...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?    What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is that awesome punk song the band walks on stage to?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next