DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Song played as the band come on stage.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Raoul_Duke
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Raoul_Duke

Song played as the band come on stage. Empty
PostSubject: Song played as the band come on stage.   Song played as the band come on stage. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 12:40 pm

Looking for some help. Theres a song that is played before the band come out on stage and I dont know it. I think they played it before the KOKO gig or this year at reading festival. It was also played a few songs before they come on at Brixton this week.

Now thats just about as vague as can be but I dont really know much mopre about it. Oh, and its not Ruby Soho which i know theyve come on to cos i know that.

Its kinda punky i think but not really fast.
Back to top Go down
Raoul_Duke
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Raoul_Duke

PostSubject: Re: Song played as the band come on stage.   Song played as the band come on stage. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 12:41 pm

ok, ive just youtubed it (couldve before i guess) and found out its fugazi. Song?
Back to top Go down
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

PostSubject: Re: Song played as the band come on stage.   Song played as the band come on stage. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 2:02 pm

The Fugazi song they've been playing as the band walks out is Waiting Room. If you look at the Lollapalooza 2012 footage, you can hear it really well. In my opinion, it is an incredible song and works perfectly for this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Song played as the band come on stage.   Song played as the band come on stage. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 8:08 am

here is my personal favorite version of fugazi playing waiting room in a live setting. captures the vibe of the band and song so well.

Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

PostSubject: Re: Song played as the band come on stage.   Song played as the band come on stage. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 8:29 am

could be

Sabotage - Beastie Boys!
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: Song played as the band come on stage.   Song played as the band come on stage. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 9:55 am

They walked on to sabotage when I saw them in Zurich this summer.
Back to top Go down
Raoul_Duke
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Raoul_Duke

PostSubject: Re: Song played as the band come on stage.   Song played as the band come on stage. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 1:48 pm

Thanks peeps. It was waiting room. Nah i know beasties like the back of my hand. they came on to sabotage at a gig i saw too, that may have been KOKO. tribute to MCA i guess cos it was soon after.
Back to top Go down
Amtrak
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Song played as the band come on stage.   Song played as the band come on stage. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 10:49 pm

Hopefully someone can help me with this,

I saw them in September at the Fox and just a few days ago at the Warfield. As is standard, there was music playing over the PA before the band came out. Songs I remember include Born to Run, Black, Ruby Soho, Rockaway Beach, and I believe some Dylan. At both shows there was a song that played over the PA that I really liked, but didn't recognize and was not able to Shazam or Google.

The song reminded me a little bit of bands like Sunny Day Real Estate, but a little more upbeat. I could have the lyrics totally wrong, but the chorus sounded something like this:

I know you
Come by tonight

I could be absolutely totally wrong, but that's what I heard. I also think the bridge mentioned something about "stars." I've tried Googling various lyrics, but nothing has come up, I can still here the melody in my head, and I would really like to find it.

So if anybody knows what song this is, could you help me out?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Song played as the band come on stage.   Song played as the band come on stage. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Song played as the band come on stage.
Page 1 of 1