DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line

Go down 
+7
jdc
ForgedInLife
gtalbott
tigrr13
JukeboxJuliet
redheadchick
J_Bizness
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
J_Bizness
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line  Empty
PostSubject: July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line    July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 3:12 pm

I'm going to be there! Who else?
Back to top Go down
redheadchick
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line    July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 5:28 pm

I will be there!
Back to top Go down
JukeboxJuliet
A Contender
A Contender
JukeboxJuliet

PostSubject: Re: July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line    July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 6:09 pm

This girl.

My friend and I are coming from out of state, so we'll be in the area partying it up the night before too.

Show is sold out (not surprised), but should be a good time!
Back to top Go down
tigrr13
A Contender
A Contender
tigrr13

PostSubject: Re: July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line    July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 7:11 pm

driving up from chicago... taking my friend with me to the show... will be his first concert EVER... should be interesting Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gtalbott
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
gtalbott

PostSubject: Re: July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line    July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 10:35 pm

Driving up from Chicago! Can't wait to hear the inevitable Prince jokes Brian will whip out
Back to top Go down
J_Bizness
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line    July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 4:35 am

Wooo!! Quite a few here on dimestore saints! I'll be the guy on crutches!
Back to top Go down
ForgedInLife
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line    July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 4:44 pm

First post,

Driving from Western ND tomorrow night! So excited to see my new favorite band!

Maybe see some of you, ill look for J, hopefully there isn't any more guys on crutches so I dont look like an idiot. Smile
Back to top Go down
redheadchick
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line    July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 6:30 pm

Anybody going to Dave hause tomorrow at the Hex?
Back to top Go down
JukeboxJuliet
A Contender
A Contender
JukeboxJuliet

PostSubject: Re: July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line    July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 11:30 pm

We saw Dave Hause hanging out at Triple Rock last night. He told my friend the Hex show was a mixup and he was not playing there for an after party, it was SUPPOSE to be playing the night before but it was a mixup or something.... Watching him play right now!
Back to top Go down
J_Bizness
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line    July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 4:04 am

That show exceeded my expectations!! and I had pretty high expectations! They seemed to be having so much fun on stage. It was solid at the start but when had his second talk, this time about waking up early, working hard, and that musicians aren't better people they are normal people just a lil lucky, after the talk the show was just intense and wonderful! Was that an 8 song encore? ending with We Are Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner was the best.
Back to top Go down
redheadchick
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line    July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 9:53 am

I was blown away too JBizness. Gaslight plays with such genuine joy and clearly love what they do. Exceeded my expectations too, and the minneapolis crowd seemed to love them.
Back to top Go down
jdc
A Contender
A Contender
jdc

PostSubject: Re: July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line    July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 10:07 am

What was the setlist? An 8 song encore got them close to...25 songs? I think most of their headlining setlists have been 17 to 18 songs in recent months.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line    July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 10:21 am

jdc wrote:
What was the setlist? An 8 song encore got them close to...25 songs? I think most of their headlining setlists have been 17 to 18 songs in recent months.
The recent shows have been longer than that, ~22-24 songs give or take. The only one that was significantly shorter was at The Roxy where they played an early show with an hour setlist.
Back to top Go down
jdc
A Contender
A Contender
jdc

PostSubject: Re: July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line    July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 10:27 am

ral wrote:
jdc wrote:
The recent shows have been longer than that, ~22-24 songs give or take. The only one that was significantly shorter was at The Roxy where they played an early show with an hour setlist.

Right, but the main set has been about 18 songs, and then a 4-5 song encore has been the norm, getting up to the totals you're talking about. If they did an 8 song encore and a normal main set, it would be somewhere north of 25 and might be the longest set they've ever done.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line    July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 10:33 am

jdc wrote:
ral wrote:
jdc wrote:

Right, but the main set has been about 18 songs, and then a 4-5 song encore has been the norm, getting up to the totals you're talking about. If they did an 8 song encore and a normal main set, it would be somewhere north of 25 and might be the longest set they've ever done.

While I'm sure it was longer, I doubt it was the longest set ever. I saw them in Madison in 2010 and they played 28 songs - http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-gaslight-anthem/2010/majestic-theatre-madison-wi-3bd5d09c.html The main set was longer time-wise than some complete shows and then they played a 6 song encore.
Back to top Go down
jdc
A Contender
A Contender
jdc

PostSubject: Re: July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line    July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 10:48 am

That's fair. That's a super long set, and I'm sure it was a great show. Lucky to have been there for that one!
Back to top Go down
tigrr13
A Contender
A Contender
tigrr13

PostSubject: Re: July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line    July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 10:54 am

pretty sure the set was 15 songs and the encore was 7... amazing show... just sooo, sooo f@#%ing hot!
Back to top Go down
RandyMachoManCabbage
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
RandyMachoManCabbage

PostSubject: Re: July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line    July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 10:54 am

Whoa! That is a really cool setlist. I just somehow managed to get even more excited for the Webster Hall show bounce

* Okay I'm apparently really excited cause of 2010 setlist. Still really stoked for Webster Hall.

Last edited by RandyMachoManCabbage on Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tigrr13
A Contender
A Contender
tigrr13

PostSubject: Re: July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line    July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 10:55 am

pretty sure the set was 15 songs and the encore was 7... amazing show... just sooo, sooo f@#%ing hot!
Back to top Go down
JukeboxJuliet
A Contender
A Contender
JukeboxJuliet

PostSubject: Re: July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line    July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 11:08 am

I hope someone will reply with a set list from last night. I could attempt. I don't know how accurate the order would be though. What a great show. Met everyone except for Benny b/c my friend was tired of waiting.

I wasn't expecting the crowd to have the vibe it did. And no one interrupted Brian when he spoke!!! Smile

Wish I would have been a little closer and/or off to the right side of the stage, loved that the crowd over there was still singing "Stay hungry, stay free..." full force even after Gaslight had left the stage and the lights were on.

Left stage didn't seem to have as much energy. Minus one male strangerwho knew all the songs and was putting his arm around me and we sang out hearts out together. That's what Gaslight shows should be about. Everyone else I noticed around me was just standing there, and people only sang to Casanova Baby and Here's Lookin' - but I guess you'll have that. I'm sure I came off as the annoying superfan screaming out all the songs and sweating on people. Ha! Sor-ry!

Can't wait for them to come back in the spring.
Back to top Go down
redheadchick
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line    July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 11:52 am

This is not in order but here are the tracks:
House of the rising sun
Changing of the guard
We came to dance
I'da called you joe
Angry Johnny
We're getting a divorce
SeƱor & the queen
Blue jeans
Great expectations
59 sound
Old white Lincoln
Film noir
Casanova baby
Cowgirls
Backseat
American slang
Diamond street choir
She loves you
Biloxi parish
Here comes my man
Back to top Go down
J_Bizness
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line    July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 1:35 pm

Plus

Patient Ferris Wheel
Here is Looking at You, Kid
High Lonesome?
I coulda been a contender?
Back to top Go down
ForgedInLife
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line    July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 3:25 pm

That show was absolutely insane! SO GOOD!!! My section, the section in front of bassist Alex was rocking. Minor mosh pit haha.

Dave really impressed me too. Even though he called me out n called me Beavis and flip phone guy, still got a pic with him while he did his solo so it was all good!

I will never forget last night. They rocked that place. The 7 or 8 song encore was mindblowing!! and ending with We're getting a divorce? Solid touch.

ROCK ON GASLIGHT!! HOPE TO SEE YOU IN DENVER!!!
Back to top Go down
J_Bizness
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line    July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 6:14 pm

ForgedInLife wrote:
That show was absolutely insane! SO GOOD!!! My section, the section in front of bassist Alex was rocking. Minor mosh pit haha.

Dave really impressed me too. Even though he called me out n called me Beavis and flip phone guy, still got a pic with him while he did his solo so it was all good!

I will never forget last night. They rocked that place. The 7 or 8 song encore was mindblowing!! and ending with We're getting a divorce? Solid touch.

ROCK ON GASLIGHT!! HOPE TO SEE YOU IN DENVER!!!

hahah I saw you trying to talk to him at the merch booth!
Back to top Go down
gtalbott
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
gtalbott

PostSubject: Re: July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line    July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 7:21 pm

SOOOOO GOOD. Holy shit. Best show of the summer for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line    July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

July 11th - Minneapolis MN - Fine Line
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next