DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Meet me by the river's edge - lyric question! (for tattoo)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Whiskey1
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Meet me by the river's edge - lyric question! (for tattoo) Empty
PostSubject: Meet me by the river's edge - lyric question! (for tattoo)   Meet me by the river's edge - lyric question! (for tattoo) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 11:02 am

There's a line in the song which I always heard as 'My mother's pride in her wounded heart'.

On all the lyric sites it's coming up as 'A mother's pride and a wounded heart'...

Now I'm sure the first word is definitely 'My'...not sure about the 'her'/'a' though.

I don't have the liner notes but if anyone does or has the official lyrics please could you let me know. It's for a tattoo you see!

Thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
IAmDisappeared
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
IAmDisappeared

PostSubject: Re: Meet me by the river's edge - lyric question! (for tattoo)   Meet me by the river's edge - lyric question! (for tattoo) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 11:25 am

in the 59 sound vinyl handwritten lyrics its "my mothers pride in her wounded heart"
Back to top Go down
Whiskey1
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Meet me by the river's edge - lyric question! (for tattoo)   Meet me by the river's edge - lyric question! (for tattoo) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 11:34 am

Thank you - I thought that's what it was. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meet me by the river's edge - lyric question! (for tattoo)   Meet me by the river's edge - lyric question! (for tattoo) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meet me by the river's edge - lyric question! (for tattoo)
Page 1 of 1