DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lyric Quote For A Tattoo

Go down 
+6
33RPMHero
NeverTrustAJunkie
Holland
CluckyB
zerb012345
WeCameToDance
10 posters
AuthorMessage
WeCameToDance
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Lyric Quote For A Tattoo Empty
PostSubject: Lyric Quote For A Tattoo   Lyric Quote For A Tattoo Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 5:09 pm

Ive Started a Tattoo Sleeve recently which when finished will be based on my favourite Bands/Musicians (TGA,TheClash,JohnnyCash,JoeStrummer.) My next part will consist of a lyric from a Gaslight record but im stuck on what to get. What lyric would you choose? help would be hugely appreciated. Thanks! So far i have these:-

We swore the world couldn't break us. Even when the world took us down - Were Getting a divorce you keep the diner.

While this city pumps its aching heart For one more drop of blood,
We work our fingers down to dust
And we wait for kingdom come
With the radio on - Mae

"Did you hear your favourite song, one last time". 59Sound

I'll love you forever if I ever love at all - Blue Jeans White Tshirts

"You said I love you more than the stars in the sky, but your name just escapes me tonight" - 1930
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: Lyric Quote For A Tattoo   Lyric Quote For A Tattoo Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 5:21 pm

WeCameToDance wrote:
Ive Started a Tattoo Sleeve recently which when finished will be based on my favourite Bands/Musicians (TGA,TheClash,JohnnyCash,JoeStrummer.) My next part will consist of a lyric from a Gaslight record but im stuck on what to get. What lyric would you choose? help would be hugely appreciated. Thanks! So far i have these:-

We swore the world couldn't break us. Even when the world took us down - Were Getting a divorce you keep the diner.

While this city pumps its aching heart For one more drop of blood,
We work our fingers down to dust
And we wait for kingdom come
With the radio on - Mae

"Did you hear your favourite song, one last time". 59Sound

I'll love you forever if I ever love at all - Blue Jeans White Tshirts

"You said I love you more than the stars in the sky, but your name just escapes me tonight"  - 1930
Everybody Leaves, so why wouldn't you? -Great Expectations.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Lyric Quote For A Tattoo   Lyric Quote For A Tattoo Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 6:13 pm

Stay Hungry Stay Free
And do the best that you can

Or any bit if I'da Called you woody if you're mixing it with strummer stuff
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Lyric Quote For A Tattoo   Lyric Quote For A Tattoo Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 7:14 pm

I feel like some of the lyric lines you posted don't work that well out of context. Personally I love the sentiment of 'Stay Hungry, Stay free and do the best that you can' as it packs a lot of meaning, even if you lost some love for Gaslight its still a great sentiment.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Lyric Quote For A Tattoo   Lyric Quote For A Tattoo Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 7:39 pm

Go with something that means something to you and will always mean something to you. I mean, make it really personal to your life.
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: Lyric Quote For A Tattoo   Lyric Quote For A Tattoo Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 9:19 pm

Yep, Lorraine is right.  Get something that is very very very personal to you. 

I have, "Come July we'll ride the ferris wheel/go round and round and round/and if you never let me go/I will Never let you down."  tattooed on my left arm.

This is very personal cause this is the line I repeated in my head for months while I was going through a suicidal depression.  It helped make me strong and kept me pushing toward happiness.

Get something that means something to you  cause its not going to go anywhere.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Lyric Quote For A Tattoo   Lyric Quote For A Tattoo Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 8:23 am

I can only agree with Lorraine and Chris. I don't have any tattoos but if you want a lyric tattooed on your skin forever it should be something that means something to you personally. A line which reminds you of something that happened or is close to your heart for a reason.

Hope you will find the right line. Give it some time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
stayFree
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
stayFree

PostSubject: Re: Lyric Quote For A Tattoo   Lyric Quote For A Tattoo Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 6:14 pm

I'm getting this one from wooderson "this heart is on fire and this life is but a dream" keep Listening and you'll know what to get when you hear it, like me as soon as I hear that line I get the biggest grin and smile because it means something to me hope this helped geek
Back to top Go down
BossTime
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
BossTime

PostSubject: Re: Lyric Quote For A Tattoo   Lyric Quote For A Tattoo Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 5:42 pm

There are so many great tattoo worthy lines that Brian has written but I'd have to agree with Stay Hungry, Stay Free and Do The Best That You Can.

I tend to lean toward the shorter, concise lyrics when thinking about tattoos. A wall of text seems harder to pull off than a quick shot line.
Back to top Go down
JJLangley
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
JJLangley

PostSubject: Re: Lyric Quote For A Tattoo   Lyric Quote For A Tattoo Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 9:59 pm

So many amazing lyrics you could get!
Not enough space on my body haha

The one i'm thinking of getting on is "And If you never let me go, then i will never let you down" The Backseat

Such an amazing song  cheers 
Back to top Go down
JJLangley
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
JJLangley

PostSubject: Re: Lyric Quote For A Tattoo   Lyric Quote For A Tattoo Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 10:04 pm

33RPMHero wrote:
Yep, Lorraine is right.  Get something that is very very very personal to you. 

I have, "Come July we'll ride the ferris wheel/go round and round and round/and if you never let me go/I will Never let you down."  tattooed on my left arm.

This is very personal cause this is the line I repeated in my head for months while I was going through a suicidal depression.  It helped make me strong and kept me pushing toward happiness.

Get something that means something to you  cause its not going to go anywhere.

I get that mate, i went through a similar situation myself Sad
That song and line always brought a smile to my face!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lyric Quote For A Tattoo   Lyric Quote For A Tattoo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lyric Quote For A Tattoo
Page 1 of 1