DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Meet Me By The Rivers' Edge (Acoustic)?

Go down 
+4
snick
DeathoftheCool
JJW319
TheEmptyBones
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TheEmptyBones
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
TheEmptyBones

Meet Me By The Rivers' Edge (Acoustic)? Empty
PostSubject: Meet Me By The Rivers' Edge (Acoustic)?   Meet Me By The Rivers' Edge (Acoustic)? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 7:55 am

Is there a really good quality rip of this song somewhere? I know there's the Master List, but I wanted to know if someone could point me in the right direction.
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: Meet Me By The Rivers' Edge (Acoustic)?   Meet Me By The Rivers' Edge (Acoustic)? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 12:49 pm

There really aren't many performances of it. Not sure if Brian has ever done a radio show of it.

Side track: this song get way overlooked I feel. Easily the least played live song from '59 Sound

incredible

Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Meet Me By The Rivers' Edge (Acoustic)?   Meet Me By The Rivers' Edge (Acoustic)? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 1:25 pm

probably my favorite song on the 59 sound I love you
Back to top Go down
snick
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Meet Me By The Rivers' Edge (Acoustic)?   Meet Me By The Rivers' Edge (Acoustic)? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 5:14 pm

TheEmptyBones wrote:
Is there a really good quality rip of this song somewhere? I know there's the Master List, but I wanted to know if someone could point me in the right direction.

he played a great version of it at the kc acoustic show yesterday morning.. there's a thread for it with a download link in here somewhere. hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
hirnie
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Meet Me By The Rivers' Edge (Acoustic)?   Meet Me By The Rivers' Edge (Acoustic)? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 8:42 am

I have a video from the revival tour last year ...
http://www.common-tales.com/gallery/the-revival-tour-berlin-6-10-2011
Back to top Go down
http://www.common-tales.com
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Meet Me By The Rivers' Edge (Acoustic)?   Meet Me By The Rivers' Edge (Acoustic)? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 10:40 am

snick wrote:
TheEmptyBones wrote:

he played a great version of it at the kc acoustic show yesterday morning.. there's a thread for it with a download link in here somewhere. hope that helps.

Anyone know which thread this is. Ive been searching but cant find it...
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
snick
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Meet Me By The Rivers' Edge (Acoustic)?   Meet Me By The Rivers' Edge (Acoustic)? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 11:05 am

Jerseyrain wrote:
snick wrote:
TheEmptyBones wrote:

Anyone know which thread this is. Ive been searching but cant find it...

In the tour tab of these boards, under the topic "BRIAN SOLO PERFORMANCE KANSAS CITY JULY 21 | KEGS N EGGS 21+"

Hope that helps!
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Meet Me By The Rivers' Edge (Acoustic)?   Meet Me By The Rivers' Edge (Acoustic)? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 1:25 pm

JJW319 wrote:
There really aren't many performances of it. Not sure if Brian has ever done a radio show of it.

Side track: this song get way overlooked I feel. Easily the least played live song from '59 Sound

incredible

Damn. Performances like this one really make me wish The '59 Sound had a grittier production. The dreaminess is part of what makes the album so good but I just think it lacks some balls.
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: Meet Me By The Rivers' Edge (Acoustic)?   Meet Me By The Rivers' Edge (Acoustic)? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 1:46 pm

Harbortown wrote:
JJW319 wrote:

incredible

Damn. Performances like this one really make me wish The '59 Sound had a grittier production. The dreaminess is part of what makes the album so good but I just think it lacks some balls.

That's a great point. I love the production. Love the cleanliness, reverbness, and feel - absolutely perfect. But you're right - hearing the tunes as if from the Changing of Guards/iTunes session-era would sound pretty cool.

EDIT: Man, just watched it again. That has to be one of my favorite performances yet. The bridge to this (and the ending/coda) are surely in my top 10 moments ever in a TGA song.
Back to top Go down
NYYFAN523
A Contender
A Contender
NYYFAN523

PostSubject: Re: Meet Me By The Rivers' Edge (Acoustic)?   Meet Me By The Rivers' Edge (Acoustic)? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 7:22 pm

TheEmptyBones wrote:

Here's a pretty good quality video of when he played at Northeastern. If you want a rip there are plenty of youtube to mp3 converter websites out there.

Back to top Go down
http://every-word-handwritten.tumblr.com/
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Meet Me By The Rivers' Edge (Acoustic)?   Meet Me By The Rivers' Edge (Acoustic)? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 8:16 pm

i love this song, its a shame theyve got out of the habit of playing it, he always forgets a part and its always a different bit. Shame the broadcast went a little fuzzy here
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meet Me By The Rivers' Edge (Acoustic)?   Meet Me By The Rivers' Edge (Acoustic)? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meet Me By The Rivers' Edge (Acoustic)?
Page 1 of 1