DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)

Go down 
+126
cdala
33RPMHero
thebiglebowski
Halcyon
Breanne
HolyBreakOfDay
betweenthewaxandtheneedle
visible_karma
sandinista
TrickyNick
encobel
henn
big blue
moonlight
OutOfStep
The Cool
AlrightToDrive
Reinvent good times
Tiffany
spork13
Hanswurst
HeardItLikeAShot
HighLonesome
janiejones
infoghost
redheadchick
'49mercury
matkins
19thirty
logan2u
moodydan
JonnyisRFC
pjpitt89
luckyman
Paddy
Holland
Hirti
DiamondSinatra
Emusic
SubconsciousRitual
onbackstreetsinbackseats
Kosburn59
kirstyt
TheContender
RandyMachoManCabbage
NeverSeenaTwoStep
El Jefe
bringiton_ty
CapedAvenger
thurman
dancs85
pjjankunas
bt211
dustinpardue
ManasquanMike
EveryLittleSecret
cruzila
megan125
Nothingman
oli1980
Shrewsbury_Stars
steph
Rizz
prettyontheinsidex
AGoodTime
outerheaven
cmigs
fatbench
loazis
failurebytopher
MetallicaTourCamper
DeathoftheCool
Keeb631
westwingjl
TGAforLIFE
JimmyB
Zach_Edelman
sadly_ecstatic
steady now steady now
rumham
YouCanCallMeSally
Velocity
mvw
miked331
Grant Michael
ashleybb
TGAFAN25
Casey
oh_megan
SirBrad
A_Regular
bakerfall
Down by the Mersey
White Man In Hammersmith
saltandburn1967
fullcollapse
J.B.R.
njguy99
ral
brucesboots
JJW319
plugga
jdc
Debonair
Mikael
Jerseyrain
bringiton
Van Der Twix
LuceroDiehard
VanillaMintFusion
Camus
moosicmaniac
Daire
Raoul_Duke
Labhras
Joe Thumb
NYYFAN523
NeverTrustAJunkie
EmptySoul89
colmillionaire
simo
azlisa
IrishNameAndAnInjury
StitchesOnTheRadio
Klown
enola
130 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
J.B.R.
A Contender
A Contender
J.B.R.

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 12:41 pm

In!
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 12:41 pm

Yeah, the "reserved seating" thing isn't attractive, if they do happen to play a venue with seats and GA. I'm not sure who came up with the idea that balcony and/or seats are preferable to GA. For example, at HOB in Chicago, not too long ago they started ticketing the balcony separately. So what do they do? Put wristbands on the people with balcony tickets, as if the balcony is some magical, preferable place, while leaving GA people with no wristbands. I like to see how many steps people take before they rip the wristbands off and go to the floor, where it's actually enjoyable.

I'm also not quite understanding the presale ticket thing, but it may be because I'm barely awake yet. We're basically buying a membership in order to choose to entered into a drawing to see if we get to purchase presale tickets? Any other time I've given in to the fan club thing, it was because a membership granted you access to a fan club presale. If you had a membership, you could get the presale tickets.

I mean, the husband and I will end up joining regardless because of the vinyl, but I am just not too pleased with needing to buy a membership just for the CHANCE of getting to buy presale tickets.
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

njguy99 wrote:
I signed up mostly for the free stuff, not so much for the tickets. To me, $25 for a T-shirt, some vinyl & a newsletter is worth it.

yepp the single will be worth that.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 12:44 pm

JJW319 wrote:
ral wrote:
Debonair wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
plugga wrote:
yeah that ticket thing is not convincing me, I will pass for now!

Haha you're probably smart. Watch us all get screwed.

there are dead lines to join if im reading right (am i?)

Quote :
* You cannot purchase a new 45 RPM Club membership or renew an expired membership after the pronounce deadline and be eligible for the current pre-sale. Purchasing a membership or renewal will qualify you for future 45 RPM Club tours announced during your membership year.
* One membership per individual only.

it's not very clear from that but there will be deadlines for ticket presales, not to join the fan club. basically you need to be a "current" member to access the presales and renewing or buying a new membership won't make you eligible.

For example, say 45 RPM Club tickets go on sale for a date/tour on Aug 20, you would have to be a member before that date to be eligible for the lottery. Or something...

I bet it's not even the sale date, I bet it's when they put it up on the site or when they announce it. I don't think they want people to be like "I'm not joining until I hear there's a show in my town" announcement comes out saying "new show announced in new york city for August 20th. tix go onsale for the club July 1st" and you go sign up. I don't think they'd give you access in that case. but if you sign up today and tomorrow they announce that, then you can. because otherwise i can sign up 10 minutes before a show goes on sale. That's what I got from it.
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 12:50 pm

If it stops scalpers signing up last minute just to score pre-sale tickets and if this works its a good idea , pitty o2 etc cant do something like it, but i guess if its down to what phone network you use it can never be perfect. I still think for $25 (£16) for a t shirt, goodies and a vinyl , aswell as the ticket thing its good value.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 12:52 pm

fullcollapse wrote:
Yeah, the "reserved seating" thing isn't attractive, if they do happen to play a venue with seats and GA. I'm not sure who came up with the idea that balcony and/or seats are preferable to GA. For example, at HOB in Chicago, not too long ago they started ticketing the balcony separately. So what do they do? Put wristbands on the people with balcony tickets, as if the balcony is some magical, preferable place, while leaving GA people with no wristbands. I like to see how many steps people take before they rip the wristbands off and go to the floor, where it's actually enjoyable.

I'm also not quite understanding the presale ticket thing, but it may be because I'm barely awake yet. We're basically buying a membership in order to choose to entered into a drawing to see if we get to purchase presale tickets? Any other time I've given in to the fan club thing, it was because a membership granted you access to a fan club presale. If you had a membership, you could get the presale tickets.

I mean, the husband and I will end up joining regardless because of the vinyl, but I am just not too pleased with needing to buy a membership just for the CHANCE of getting to buy presale tickets.

Maybe they'll have a balcony vs GA option. I hope at least. But there's only a chance either way right? If there's 50 presale tickets and 100 members in the area who want them then it's just a question of luck anyway. I think they're hoping the lottery will be more fair than who's server moved faster and got them a higher spot in line to buy. The good thing is that if you don't get them you can still try for regular sale at least. I don't think the lottery is for access I think the lottery is for the tickets themselves. and if you don't get them you don't get charged.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 12:55 pm

Cool! Just signed up! The ticket thing is a plus but I am looking forward to the shirts, vinyl, and exclusive merchandise. I am just curious as to how this will all work and when will they start pumping out the exclusive stuff to us. haha
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 12:55 pm

JJW319 wrote:
ral wrote:
Debonair wrote:
plugga wrote:
yeah that ticket thing is not convincing me, I will pass for now!

Haha you're probably smart. Watch us all get screwed.

there are dead lines to join if im reading right (am i?)

Quote :
* You cannot purchase a new 45 RPM Club membership or renew an expired membership after the pronounce deadline and be eligible for the current pre-sale. Purchasing a membership or renewal will qualify you for future 45 RPM Club tours announced during your membership year.
* One membership per individual only.

it's not very clear from that but there will be deadlines for ticket presales, not to join the fan club. basically you need to be a "current" member to access the presales and renewing or buying a new membership won't make you eligible.

For example, say 45 RPM Club tickets go on sale for a date/tour on Aug 20, you would have to be a member before that date to be eligible for the lottery. Or something...

I bet it's not even the sale date, I bet it's when they put it up on the site or when they announce it. I don't think they want people to be like "I'm not joining until I hear there's a show in my town" announcement comes out saying "new show announced in new york city for August 20th. tix go onsale for the club July 1st" and you go sign up. I don't think they'd give you access in that case. but if you sign up today and tomorrow they announce that, then you can. because otherwise i can sign up 10 minutes before a show goes on sale. That's what I got from it.

Sounds logical. So maybe in order to be eligible for a certain tour, you must be a member before that tour was announced?
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

fullcollapse wrote:

Maybe they'll have a balcony vs GA option. I hope at least. But there's only a chance either way right? If there's 50 presale tickets and 100 members in the area who want them then it's just a question of luck anyway. I think they're hoping the lottery will be more fair than who's server moved faster and got them a higher spot in line to buy. The good thing is that if you don't get them you can still try for regular sale at least. I don't think the lottery is for access I think the lottery is for the tickets themselves. and if you don't get them you don't get charged.

i cant see there being that many members in the first couple of years to really see the lottery coming in.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 1:03 pm

OK I just joined without reading the terms and conditions.

Now that I read them I am actually a bit confused with how complicated the presale tix are to get and that they will only be seating tix. Well that doesn't amuse me. I don't want to sit.
Also that the tix will be only available on the day of the show at the venue worries me, because it happened a lot that you get the tix only when they open doors or even after. How are you supposed to get in the front then?

A friend of mine just brought up the thought that the whole seating thing is only valid if you choose seating instead of standing. She might have a point here.

For now I will just see how this whole club develops. The goodie bag looks promising so far.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 1:07 pm

I'm in! Like a couple other people have said, I'm more interested in the vinyl/merch than the tickets, so the $25 is worth it to me just to get an exclusive 7" record. Exciting stuff! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
White Man In Hammersmith
Wooderson
Wooderson
White Man In Hammersmith

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 1:27 pm

Just signed up! My first fan club membership Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 2:00 pm

hmm..I think I'm going to wait a little bit before I jump the gun and pay for the membership.

the tshirts and vinyls are great and all but the whole point of a fan club is the ticketing thing and I wanna wait and see how they work it before I pay for it.

also how does the presale work if they are the opening band?
Back to top Go down
Down by the Mersey
Wooderson
Wooderson
Down by the Mersey

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 2:26 pm

Signed up for my first membership since I was in the Dennis the Menace Fan Club as a kid!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/bosshugo
White Man In Hammersmith
Wooderson
Wooderson
White Man In Hammersmith

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 2:30 pm

So when will we get our membership info, like ID number etc?
Back to top Go down
bakerfall
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 2:31 pm

The information on the 45 RPM Club was taken almost verbatim from the Ten Club. I'm assuming they worked them and didn't just steal it.

http://www.infinitemerch.com/product.php?productid=17771&cat=688&page=1
http://pearljam.com/tenclub/tickets

I hope they tweak this as they go as the Ten Club model, especially with ticketing, isn't one to emulate in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
bakerfall
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 2:32 pm

White Man In Hammersmith wrote:

"In addition to the above listing you will receive a membership card with your membership number in the mail. Expect this to arrive in your post box in 4-6 weeks."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 2:32 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
hmm..I think I'm going to wait a little bit before I jump the gun and pay for the membership.

the tshirts and vinyls are great and all but the whole point of a fan club is the ticketing thing and I wanna wait and see how they work it before I pay for it.

also how does the presale work if they are the opening band?

I'm in the same boat. Plus, I dunno if I'd be able to go to shows because of school/work, so not knowing if I could go to a show kinda makes it a little less worth it for me.
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 2:33 pm

bakerfall wrote:
The information on the 45 RPM Club was taken almost verbatim from the Ten Club. I'm assuming they worked them and didn't just steal it.

I hope they tweak this as they go as the Ten Club model, especially with ticketing, isn't one to emulate in my opinion.

Oh god, that is not promising at all Sad
Back to top Go down
White Man In Hammersmith
Wooderson
Wooderson
White Man In Hammersmith

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 2:34 pm

bakerfall wrote:
White Man In Hammersmith wrote:

"In addition to the above listing you will receive a membership card with your membership number in the mail. Expect this to arrive in your post box in 4-6 weeks."

Thanks! I'm not very good with the small print Wink
Back to top Go down
bakerfall
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 2:34 pm

fullcollapse wrote:
bakerfall wrote:

Oh god, that is not promising at all Sad

To be fair though, those problems probably won't exist with the 45 club unless Gaslight gets a whole lot bigger.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 2:36 pm

Yeah I'm waiting. I haven't had a problem getting tickets and I don't particularly need another shirt right now.
Back to top Go down
bakerfall
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 2:37 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
Cool! Just signed up! The ticket thing is a plus but I am looking forward to the shirts, vinyl, and exclusive merchandise. I am just curious as to how this will all work and when will they start pumping out the exclusive stuff to us. haha

Most likely you will get an annual package that now contains shirt, stickers, etc and will later contain holiday singles (which if they are emulating the 10 club will reach your mailbox mid-summer)

I hope they select a few SBD shows and post them on the website when it launches. Currently "45rpmclub.net" (the domain listed on the email) is just a landing page for the domain name registrar.
Back to top Go down
bakerfall
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 2:38 pm

simo wrote:
Yeah I'm waiting. I haven't had a problem getting tickets and I don't particularly need another shirt right now.

Only problem waiting is they specifically mention a membership number. If Gaslight becomes big enough to routinely play large, seated venues, seniority will matter.
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 2:38 pm

Guys, you'll be able to sell the 7" for hundreds in a few years. It's worth it. Blood pact anyone?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next