DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations

Go down 
+28
aussieTGAfan
njguy99
NYYFAN523
kcdc
J_Bizness
03aarm
enola
CasanovaBaby90
rumham
IAmDisappeared
JimmyB
Down by the Mersey
Harbortown
BuddyHolly
Breanne
StateOfLoveAndGaslight
Holland
marleyschains
Steve70s
Clementine
jdc
borrowedcar
big blue
jonnyz83
nico0493
DeathoftheCool
IrishNameAndAnInjury
SouthJerseyTGA
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations   Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 5:02 am

Great idea! I heard that they played the video on an Austrian music TV station the other day Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations   Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 7:56 am

MattL wrote:
chanter wrote:
45 getting some serious love on Sirius. Driving into work this morning a commercial came on for Cal Ripken's baseball talk show and oddly enough i noticed the faint music playing in the background of the commercial was 45 Laughing I'm curious as to whether Mercury actually paid to have that being played in the background since if you weren't a fan of TGA you probably wouldn't be able to figure the song out or whether it was just a complete coincidence.

I'd just like to say, almost every time I've heard a Gaslight song in a more mainstream medium (tv, radio) is on a commercial for something baseball-related.

Maybe baseball likes Gaslight?
They also used "45" in a NASCAR promo.
Back to top Go down
03aarm
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
03aarm

PostSubject: Re: Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations   Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 10:30 am

45 is On BBC Radio 1's A list now which means it should get played a couple of times a day on one of the Uk's most listened radio stations.
Back to top Go down
J_Bizness
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations   Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 12:17 am

My friends have told me they have heard 45 on 93x (hard rock station) here in minnesota
Back to top Go down
kcdc
A Contender
A Contender
kcdc

PostSubject: Re: Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations   Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 8:09 am

It's number 14 on the top 20 on Sonic 102.9 in Edmonton Alberta, which plays modern rock.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deadformat.net/tradelist/kcdc
jdc
A Contender
A Contender
jdc

PostSubject: Re: Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations   Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 9:42 am

Nikki Sixx from Motley Crue has a radio show, the weekend version of which ("The Sideshow Countdown") is syndicated in a bunch of places across the US (I'll link the affiliates below). I've caught it on DC101 here in DC (which is the legacy rock/alt rock station, with some version of a rock format dating back to the mid-1970s) on Sunday nights.

45 debuted last week at #20 and is up to #18 on the countdown this week, according to their site. Sadly, I don't think the station has added it to its playlist, in general.

Affiliates can be found here, btw: http://www.sixxsense.com/pages/side_show_allstations.html
Back to top Go down
NYYFAN523
A Contender
A Contender
NYYFAN523

PostSubject: Re: Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations   Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 12:06 pm

Woke up this morning to awesome news that NY's 101.9 is back to alternative rock. Hopefully Gaslight can finally get some airplay in NY/NJ now.
Back to top Go down
http://every-word-handwritten.tumblr.com/
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations   Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 8:25 pm

NYYFAN523 wrote:
Woke up this morning to awesome news that NY's 101.9 is back to alternative rock. Hopefully Gaslight can finally get some airplay in NY/NJ now.

Its about time NYC had a rock station. If they're smart, they'll play gaslight and other local artists a lot. But given how it was run as a news station, I'm not as optimistic...
Back to top Go down
NYYFAN523
A Contender
A Contender
NYYFAN523

PostSubject: Re: Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations   Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 8:42 pm

njguy99 wrote:
NYYFAN523 wrote:

Its about time NYC had a rock station. If they're smart, they'll play gaslight and other local artists a lot. But given how it was run as a news station, I'm not as optimistic...

They are bringing in a whole different staff than the news station had. And based on what they are playing I hope Gaslight is included once they get dj's and stuff. They play a lot of more recent rock, not just Stone Temple Pilots, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, etc like rock stations of past in NYC (i.e. krock, rxp).
Back to top Go down
http://every-word-handwritten.tumblr.com/
aussieTGAfan
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations   Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 4:00 am

I've heard it played on Triple J 99.3 in Australia.

EDIT: Brian was interviewed on Triple J today as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations   Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 1:24 pm

Okay the Finnish "BBC for young people" (kinda something like that) station chose 45 as single of the week when it was released and you can vote it on some kinda list. Site is in Finnish, but if you got it working just push "Himoitse" and you have voted Very Happy :

http://ylex.yle.fi/artisti/the-gaslight-anthem/biisi/45

Last edited by Sami on Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
J_Bizness
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations   Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 7:24 pm

I heard Here Comes My Man on ESPN First Take today as they were cutting into a commercial for about 30 seconds.
Back to top Go down
virginiasheart
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
virginiasheart

PostSubject: Re: Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations   Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 6:55 am

This is probably obvious considering it's the end of September but they play 45 constantly on at least two of the local stations here in San Diego. I'm really happy for them that they've been gaining much deserved attention, but at the same time it kind of makes me sad I have to share them with the rest of the world now. I know it sounds selfish and stupid but I can't help it.
Back to top Go down
brianisbae
A Contender
A Contender
brianisbae

PostSubject: Re: Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations   Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 9:20 am

I haven't heard them on the radio, but "all my friends say :p" they've been hearing 45 a lot. Mostly on sports radio and local (New England) alt rock stations. Handwritten too i guess, for an intro on some sports show. Yeah, I hate having to share them, haha. But it's also really cool seeing how much the band has grown since I started listening to them (late 08). As much as sharing sucks I really hope to see them get bigger and bigger and get more and more exposure because if anyone deserves it, it's definitely Gaslight! (and Frank Turner!)
Back to top Go down
Jables
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Jables

PostSubject: Re: Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations   Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 2:29 pm

Got played on Nation radio (the most decent South Wales station we have) the other day.
But I can just hear it on my CD player/iPod anytime I want so it matters not Smile
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations   Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 3:26 pm

Unfortunately it looks like we won't be hearing TGA or any other new rock on the NYC airwaves any more...

WRXP sold to CBS, will flip formats

Quote :
Merlin Media has announced it is selling Modern Rock WRXP/New York to CBS Radio, just over a year after the station was acquired from Emmis and mere months after it flipped from News/Talk back to a Rock format. CBS confirmed it is buying 'RXP for $75 million and will flip the station to a simulcast of Sports WFAN-AM as WFAN-FM. In late fall, CBS Radio will begin operating the station under a LMA, launching a simulcast of "The Fan."

Back to top Go down
big blue
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations   Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 5:16 pm

I am amazed that there is no market for alternative rock in the ny tristate area. Wrxp was the ONLY station that didn't completely suck. This is just what we need - an fm version of something that is already broadcast on am. I remember back in the eighties when nj had 106.3, a great alternative station, along with 92.3, which was a mix of alternative and more traditional rock, and 102.7, which was another good rock station. The radio now completely blows. I will stick with satellite radio, thank you.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations   Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 5:25 pm

There is a market for it. WRXP's ratings quadrupled when they switched from news to music. The problem is ad sales - no one knows how to sell ads for rock stations anymore. The audience isn't "upscale enough" for local sales nor does it have the high ratings that drive national advertising.

I learned a long time ago NYC is not a place where anyone experiments anymore or is content making just a little money. They want stations that sell themselves to advertisers and, frankly, modern rock doesn't do that.
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations   Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 6:02 am

this is totally random, but i just decided to peek at the 45 video on youtube (haven't watched it since it was released) and now it has more than 1.7 million views. WOW!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
CasanovaBaby90
A Contender
A Contender
CasanovaBaby90

PostSubject: Re: Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations   Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 5:36 pm

Requested HCMM on the radio at 2 am the other night (drunkenly). I never get through to stations when I call, but this time, I did! This was 102.1 the edge in Toronto, where Fallon debuted Halloween just a couple weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations   Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 5:42 pm

CasanovaBaby90 wrote:
Requested HCMM on the radio at 2 am the other night (drunkenly). I never get through to stations when I call, but this time, I did! This was 102.1 the edge in Toronto, where Fallon debuted Halloween just a couple weeks ago.

did they play it? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
CasanovaBaby90
A Contender
A Contender
CasanovaBaby90

PostSubject: Re: Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations   Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 1:59 am

azlisa wrote:
CasanovaBaby90 wrote:

did they play it? Very Happy

Yup! Like 10 minutes after I called.. I played it through an app on my phone here in Ottawa since we don't get the station out here. My friends were a bit confused, haha.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations   Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 12:11 pm

Yeah, Local heavy rock (Pearl Jam, Nirvanna,etc) plays "Here comes my Man" all the time.
Back to top Go down
CasanovaBaby90
A Contender
A Contender
CasanovaBaby90

PostSubject: Re: Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations   Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 10:01 pm

Another plug, tweeted my HCMM request and was successful again today. I'm going to make these guys loaded through royalties. :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations   Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2