DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations

Go down 
+28
aussieTGAfan
njguy99
NYYFAN523
kcdc
J_Bizness
03aarm
enola
CasanovaBaby90
rumham
IAmDisappeared
JimmyB
Down by the Mersey
Harbortown
BuddyHolly
Breanne
StateOfLoveAndGaslight
Holland
marleyschains
Steve70s
Clementine
jdc
borrowedcar
big blue
jonnyz83
nico0493
DeathoftheCool
IrishNameAndAnInjury
SouthJerseyTGA
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SouthJerseyTGA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
SouthJerseyTGA

Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations Empty
PostSubject: Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations   Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 12:34 pm

I briefly mentioned this in another thread, but I'll talk about it again.

There's a lot of us here, and if we all help request "45" to our local radio stations (especially the bigger one's), eventually someone will hear us.

Good news is Philadelphia's Alternative Station (Radio1045) actually played "45" yesterday @ 12:15pm (which is when they will usually play new music). This was kind of a big deal to me considering when I requested Gaslight to them before I was told "I like them, but we don't get many requests and we can't just play a band nobody's heard of".

So my suggestion is to make them hear us, atleast... I'll post the link for Radio1045 which we can vote for "45" on, but I suggest everyone to post similar links about their own local stations, and we can all help eachother out.

Let's face it, it would be awesome to routinely turn on the Radio and BOOM, Gaslight is on. I think we can make it happen.

Here's Radio1045: http://www.radio1045.com/pages/info/request.html

Look for "45" on the left, then scroll down on the right to submit.

Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations   Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 12:54 pm

This is a great idea! I just voted for 45 on your radio station's website. Smile I have never heard TGA on FM radio around here, and I would probably scream and jump up and down if I did. Here is the link for 94.9 The Point, a radio station in the Norfolk/Virginia Beach area that I'm hoping to hear Gaslight on. A song request can be typed in on the right hand side of the page. Smile

http://www.pointradio.com/index.php
Back to top Go down
SouthJerseyTGA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
SouthJerseyTGA

PostSubject: Re: Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations   Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 4:15 pm

I did the same for yours! I think if we get enough people on board we really could be onto something... But we're going to need more then two. ha
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations   Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 4:16 pm

just voted yo. would love to hear 45 on the radio
Back to top Go down
nico0493
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
nico0493

PostSubject: Re: Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations   Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 4:34 pm

really good idea Smile
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations   Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 1:15 am

SouthJerseyTGA wrote:
I did the same for yours! I think if we get enough people on board we really could be onto something... But we're going to need more then two. ha

Thanks! I hope more people jump on board with this, because it's a great idea and I'm sure we would all love to hear TGA on the radio. That would be so exciting!
Back to top Go down
jonnyz83
A Contender
A Contender
jonnyz83

PostSubject: Re: Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations   Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 11:38 am

Can we try to get TGA onto NY's #1 top 40 radio station? WE CAN DO THIS!!!!

Let's get "45" onto Z100!

http://www.z100.com/pages/info/request.html

You'll have to write the song in - it's not listen.
Back to top Go down
big blue
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations   Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 12:57 pm

Please don't ask to have 45 played on z100. That station sucks in too many ways to list in this forum. If the people who listen to that station start listening to gaslight, I wouldn't know how to handle it. Sure, I would love for gaslight to become popular and able to fill any stadium out there, but z100 music is awful and fans of that station are probably between 12 and 18 year old kids who shriek when they hear bieber, one direction, or the rest of those annoying boy bands out there. Z100, sorry, but no. Never. Ever. EVER!!!
Back to top Go down
borrowedcar
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations   Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 10:22 pm

heard it on xm radio, dj introduced it as "what will hopefully be the next born to run"
not surprising but it was cool, i don't think it is their best work but hopefully it gets play
Back to top Go down
jdc
A Contender
A Contender
jdc

PostSubject: Re: Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations   Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 10:10 am

All - the local rock/alt station here in DC (DC101) has a "New Music Mart" show where they play songs they are considering adding to the playlist and solicit feedback. "45" was featured on the show this week.

http://www.dc101.com/pages/dc101newmusicmart.html

Please consider emailing the station (link on the left side of the page) and indicate your support for adding this song/band to the rotation.

J
Back to top Go down
Clementine
A Contender
A Contender
Clementine

PostSubject: Re: Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations   Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 11:41 am

45 is in regular rotation here on a Denver/Boulder station
Back to top Go down
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

PostSubject: Re: Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations   Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 6:51 am

Went to buy a new radio for my truck yesterday and heard 45 on Radio One for the first time - was a bit shocked to be honest!
Back to top Go down
marleyschains
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
marleyschains

PostSubject: Re: Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations   Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 3:22 pm

45 has been getting a lot of play on 90.5 Brookdale Public Radio here in central NJ...I did vote for 45 on the 104.5 website, though I'm not sure it has the "catchiness" to be played on a bigger stations
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations   Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 7:18 pm

45 was played on the radio in my gym the other day, to give you some perspective the following track was One Direction.
Back to top Go down
StateOfLoveAndGaslight
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
StateOfLoveAndGaslight

PostSubject: Re: Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations   Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 11:38 am

Just an update on radio play... I rarely ever listen to the radio anymore, but in the past 24 hours, '45' has been played on all three of the main alt rock stations in Boston/Providence (WAAF, WFNX and WBRU)
Back to top Go down
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Breanne

PostSubject: Re: Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations   Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 11:51 am

marleyschains wrote:
45 has been getting a lot of play on 90.5 Brookdale Public Radio here in central NJ...I did vote for 45 on the 104.5 website, though I'm not sure it has the "catchiness" to be played on a bigger stations
I listen to 104.5 every day at work, and every time I've worked at night within the past few weeks, they've played it around like 10:15-10:30. But I never hear it when I work during the day
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xripped_kneesx
BuddyHolly
A Contender
A Contender
BuddyHolly

PostSubject: Re: Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations   Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 1:34 pm

I posted this in the "new album thread" but I should've posted this here:

BuddyHolly wrote:
"45" made it to Megahit at 3FM (wich is Holland's biggest radiostation) wich means it will be played once during every show this week. Apperantly signing to a majorlabol is starting to pay of Smile
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations   Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 12:52 pm

I heard 45 on the radio in southern Sweden the other day! Fuck yeah!
Back to top Go down
Down by the Mersey
Wooderson
Wooderson
Down by the Mersey

PostSubject: Re: Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations   Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 12:54 pm

My wife just got in after dropping the girls at a party and said "you'll never guess what I just heard on the radio - that new single by Gaslight." People we are about to go massive if my wife has recognised it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/bosshugo
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations   Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 1:05 pm

I have yet to hear Gaslight on any radio station here. Hence why They Keep skipping the Pittsburgh area when they tour.
Back to top Go down
IAmDisappeared
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
IAmDisappeared

PostSubject: Re: Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations   Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 1:13 pm

Its on co-op radio here in england

for you non-english. The co-op is a large supermarket chain with its own radio station playing in-store.
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations   Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 10:13 am

45 getting some serious love on Sirius. Driving into work this morning a commercial came on for Cal Ripken's baseball talk show and oddly enough i noticed the faint music playing in the background of the commercial was 45 Laughing I'm curious as to whether Mercury actually paid to have that played in the background since if you weren't a fan of TGA you probably wouldn't be able to figure the song out or whether it was just a complete coincidence.

Last edited by chanter on Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations   Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 10:17 am

chanter wrote:
45 getting some serious love on Sirius. Driving into work this morning a commercial came on for Cal Ripken's baseball talk show and oddly enough i noticed the faint music playing in the background of the commercial was 45 Laughing I'm curious as to whether Mercury actually paid to have that being played in the background since if you weren't a fan of TGA you probably wouldn't be able to figure the song out or whether it was just a complete coincidence.

I'd just like to say, almost every time I've heard a Gaslight song in a more mainstream medium (tv, radio) is on a commercial for something baseball-related.

Maybe baseball likes Gaslight?
Back to top Go down
jdc
A Contender
A Contender
jdc

PostSubject: Re: Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations   Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 11:01 am

chanter wrote:
45 getting some serious love on Sirius. Driving into work this morning a commercial came on for Cal Ripken's baseball talk show and oddly enough i noticed the faint music playing in the background of the commercial was 45 Laughing I'm curious as to whether Mercury actually paid to have that played in the background since if you weren't a fan of TGA you probably wouldn't be able to figure the song out or whether it was just a complete coincidence.

Dammit, now I wish I would have brought up Gaslight when I met the Iron Man a couple of weeks ago! I can just imagine his response now...

"What the hell are you talking about, kid? Get away from me."
Back to top Go down
CasanovaBaby90
A Contender
A Contender
CasanovaBaby90

PostSubject: Re: Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations   Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 1:42 am

My brother who is back home in the Toronto area has been telling me that the local station hasn't been playing 45. It's 102.1 the edge which would play it (they played American Slang the day it released and of course they play 59S from time to time). Request on edge.ca if possible! Weird how they've yet to play it, I've heard it on Ottawa's Live 88.5 which is an alternative station.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations   Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Listening to "45" on Local Radio Stations
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next