DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Will Ian Tour Local Summer?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

Will Ian Tour Local Summer? Empty
PostSubject: Will Ian Tour Local Summer?   Will Ian Tour Local Summer? Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2016 8:23 pm

Any chance once Brian and Crowes tour ends Ian starts working on a tour for his Local Summer album? I'd guess he would have to open for other bands at first but feel like that wouldn't be a problem with all the bands locally he has connections with.

Think he will? Would love to see it live.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Will Ian Tour Local Summer?   Will Ian Tour Local Summer? Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm

I believe there was an interview that said he never felt those songs would be right for a live setting(?) so no. but that's all memory. But I guess you never know *shrug*
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: Will Ian Tour Local Summer?   Will Ian Tour Local Summer? Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2016 6:25 am

I'd love to see it, but I'd be really surprised. He doesn't strike me as someone that would be comfortable fronting a band or going out there on his own.

Kind of hoping he'll make another record in his downtime though, I listen to this one a lot.
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Will Ian Tour Local Summer?   Will Ian Tour Local Summer? Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2016 9:57 pm

Interesting, what do you think it is about the music that he thought it would transfer to live well. I don't think it would work in a big venue but obviously to start he would be in small venues.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Will Ian Tour Local Summer?   Will Ian Tour Local Summer? Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2016 10:29 am

And ideally, what are your hopes for the record? Do you see it as the start of something?
If I could pick how it would go, I would love to make another one with the same people involved who helped me on this one, but I’d love to do it where all those guys are in the room at the same time. Because none of them were at all. Everything was so thrown together. And I’m glad it was—I wouldn’t have it any other way. But I’d love to do it again in a different way. And there were a couple of people that I asked who, for whatever reason, couldn’t make it. I had ideas way further than it was possible to achieve by just going into the studio one or two a days a month! And maybe get this out on vinyl. That would be cool. I don’t really care about playing it live. I don’t think it’s that kind of record. But I did it all on my own terms and I had the most fun doing it and I just want to keep that trajectory going.

http://m.noisey.vice.com/blog/local-summer--ian-perkins-valentine
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Will Ian Tour Local Summer?   Will Ian Tour Local Summer? Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2016 12:27 pm

Cool, thanks!

A little disappointing cause I think it would be pretty cool live in a small venue, but if thats not what he wants to do with it gotta respect that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will Ian Tour Local Summer?   Will Ian Tour Local Summer? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Will Ian Tour Local Summer?
Page 1 of 1