DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station.

Go down 
+11
cockypessimist
tdawg
clashcityrocker
DaveSavedTheDay
drifter69
CluckyB
RobertODonnell
steady now steady now
Little Eden
Ryan
Bigtittykitty
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Bigtittykitty
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station. Empty
PostSubject: Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station.   Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 5:34 pm

Anybody know if this has released been officially? Because i would hate if it was played without the bands consent to just a bunch of stupid hicks spit on it
Back to top Go down
Ryan
A Contender
A Contender
Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station.   Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 5:37 pm

Surely not?
Back to top Go down
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
Little Eden

PostSubject: Re: Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station.   Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 5:39 pm

I'm calling shenanigans.
Back to top Go down
Bigtittykitty
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station.   Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 5:41 pm

Calling shenanigans on what?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station.   Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 5:43 pm

Bigtittykitty wrote:
Anybody know if this has released been officially? Because i would hate if it was played without the bands consent to just a bunch of stupid hicks spit on it

amd what's your station?
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Bigtittykitty
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station.   Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 5:46 pm

Z rock 103 Lexington ky look for thumbs up or the finger
Back to top Go down
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
Little Eden

PostSubject: Re: Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station.   Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 6:15 pm

Bigtittykitty wrote:
Calling shenanigans on what?

I don't think it has been released yet so I think they were playing it without the band's consent. But that's purely conjecture on my part.
Back to top Go down
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

PostSubject: Re: Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station.   Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 6:34 pm

It's probably a smaller station thinking it can get away with playing the leaked version (which they might). Did they say the name of the song and band? If so, it's just free publicity.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station.   Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 6:56 pm

I donno. I'd pretty pissed if someone played a leaked song on the radio. Like, if it an official single then I'll probably already listened to it, but for non-singles I want to wait for the album.
Back to top Go down
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson
drifter69

PostSubject: Re: Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station.   Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 7:21 pm

isn't this good news? more promotion
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com
DaveSavedTheDay
A Contender
A Contender
DaveSavedTheDay

PostSubject: Re: Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station.   Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 7:51 pm

I miss the days when bands didn't have singles and you could hear any song on the radio
Back to top Go down
http://www.scheponik.com
clashcityrocker
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
clashcityrocker

PostSubject: Re: Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station.   Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 8:26 pm

DaveSavedTheDay wrote:
I miss the days when bands didn't have singles and you could hear any song on the radio

Haven't singles always existed?
Back to top Go down
DaveSavedTheDay
A Contender
A Contender
DaveSavedTheDay

PostSubject: Re: Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station.   Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 8:29 pm

Well I know some albums were released without them. There was never an official single for Bruce Springsteen's Born to Run, for instance.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scheponik.com
Bigtittykitty
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station.   Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 9:31 pm

It would have been publicity if they didn't put it up like a show dog. They do this thing called thumbs up or the finger. 80% people gave it the fingure. But i guess thats all you can hope for from a a station the plays 80's cock rock and mainstream bull shit
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station.   Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 9:47 pm

DaveSavedTheDay wrote:
Well I know some albums were released without them. There was never an official single for Bruce Springsteen's Born to Run, for instance.

Singles have been around for a really, really long time. Stairway to Heaven wasn't released as a single either, but that's because it was a choice the record company or band made, not because they didn't have them.
They used to release singles on 45 RPM records, an A and a B side. They knew they could move individual songs faster than the whole album sometimes, and they could also track the sales of those single records, getting them more publicity if their song charted.
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000
cockypessimist
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
cockypessimist

PostSubject: Re: Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station.   Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 1:10 pm

BigTK...does that station in LEx have a website do you know? if so , we could research
Back to top Go down
verbos
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
verbos

PostSubject: Re: Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station.   Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 11:53 pm

Is it a college station? I was a DJ in college at our station and we played LOTS of stuff we probably weren't supposed to.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station.   Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 11:58 pm

In a way singles came before albums. The original "albums" were an actual book of 78 RPMs which is why it was called an album.
Back to top Go down
Bigtittykitty
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station.   Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 1:32 am

Its just your average mainstream radio rock station.

http://www.zrock103.com/
Back to top Go down
cockypessimist
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
cockypessimist

PostSubject: Re: Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station.   Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 4:22 am

i clicked on it and nickelback picture was on there, i think ive seen all i need to of that WWW!!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station.   Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 4:38 am

tdawg wrote:
They used to release singles on 45 RPM records, an A and a B side.

You make it sound like ancient history. I was actually around then.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station.   Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 12:42 pm

Nah, I'm not making it sound "ancient." After all, I still buy 45 singles! I'd also say cars "used to" come with a cassette deck, or Nirvana "used to" top the charts. Doesn't make it ancient, just makes it past history!
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station.   Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 12:53 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
tdawg wrote:
They used to release singles on 45 RPM records, an A and a B side.

Ergo...
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station.   Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 12:55 pm

Daire wrote:

Ergo...[/quote]

Haha, ouch.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station.   Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station. Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 11:40 am

Looks like Boxer is going to radio stations next week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station.   Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Boxer just played on my shitty local radio station.
Page 1 of 1