DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)

Go down 
+20
Harbortown
Shrewsbury_Stars
ral
kuruptlon
NeverTrustAJunkie
steady now steady now
plugga
Holland
loazis
IKeeptheDiner
brucesboots
eremitapa
steph
The Angry Johnny Revue
simo
IrishNameAndAnInjury
JimmyB
DeathoftheCool
Debonair
eagles1139
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 9:38 am

eagles1139 wrote:
Then I stumble across this video....

Badass

I was there are the time (Nottingham, Revival Tour), right in front of Brian. Those guys really pissed him off. He previously called one of them an 'idiot' for shouting 'Bruuuce', but the chatting was the final straw. I think he hadn't had the best day, as he looked quite grim when he came on, though he lightenend up later. There is more about this in the relevant gig thread at https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/t3277-revival-tour-nottingham-rock-city

Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 11:05 am

steady now steady now wrote:
eagles1139 wrote:
Then I stumble across this video....

Badass

I was there are the time (Nottingham, Revival Tour), right in front of Brian. Those guys really pissed him off. He previously called one of them an 'idiot' for shouting 'Bruuuce', but the chatting was the final straw. I think he hadn't had the best day, as he looked quite grim when he came on, though he lightenend up later. There is more about this in the relevant gig thread at https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/t3277-revival-tour-nottingham-rock-city

This has been talked about on this site before as the arguement carried on outside the venue, after the show I chatted to Brian about what had happened , as he said if you want see Bruce , then buy a ticket and go and see one of his shows, the chatting at some of the Revival tour shows was unbeleivable, Dan Andriano seemed to take the brunt of it, there was more than one time that Brian seemed not quite his normal self on that tour , I think he was a little out of his comfort zone of being on the road with Gaslight. Fair play to him for standing up to such rude people.
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 1:30 am

In case anyone's curious here's the (harsh) response from the guy who got yelled at.
http://leaguesapart.tumblr.com/post/17768435852/if-youve-ever-heard-of-the-living-daylights-you

Thoughts?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 1:36 am

eagles1139 wrote:
In case anyone's curious here's the (harsh) response from the guy who got yelled at.
http://leaguesapart.tumblr.com/post/17768435852/if-youve-ever-heard-of-the-living-daylights-you

Thoughts?

...and since we will never hear an account from Brian Fallon..we will never really know what happened.

also people talk at shows...it doesn't matter what type of music it is. people will talk. nothing around it.
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 5:04 am

its true people do talk , other people get half hammered before gigs aswell , then need friggin countless bathroom breaks , then expect there place to be kept for them aswell.
When its a rock show and loud all that can be hidden, all be it still a pain for the people around them , but I for one, when I pay my money to hear Brian sing a quiet song, say like cherry blossoms I want to hear him sing it and not some half drunken twat shouting Bruuuuce.....sorry but people like that are selfish dicks.
Yeah , i like a couple of drinks before a show , but its only a couple, if ever you do the pit thing at a Bruce gig you will know you wait in line best part of the day , then once your in you not getting out so believe me you dont drink at all or your in the crap. Ive seen it so many times at shows recently in the UK and its becomeing a real problem of people getting hammered before shows then being a pain all the way through the gig , either going to the bar to get 4 drinks at a time or countless trips to the loo, at the Foo Fighters gig at Wembley I watched a couple of guys in front of us P in there empty pint glasses for there pigish girl friends to then chuck the P filled glasses over people in front of them. At an Oasis gig I watched a group of lads get so wasted they were then rolling around in there own vommit....all missing the show they have paid to see and spoiling it for everyone around, there is a problem in the UK and no wonder Brian lost it with the guy.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 5:35 am

I got dirty danced on at Lucero by a drunk couple Sad But it's that or go to the back with even drunker people where I can't see the stage.

To sum up: drunk people are annoying, and Brian is human.

I actually love when a singer calls these people out because it really is disrespectful to the artist and the other people who actually want to hear what Brian has to say. An arena show is one thing, but an intimate club gig is another. I remember at Horrible Crowes someone heckling him telling him to just play the song and stop talking. I was ready to fight! A few years ago I saw Bruce's acoustic show and he handed out a flier beforehand that basically said you aren't allowed to make a peep. At the time I thought it was sorta arrogant of him, but now I wish everyone did this. See, even Bruce didn't like it when people yelled "BRUUUUCE" at his own acoustic show!

So based on the timing of that response blog and YouTube comments, were people reading this thread, then going over to YouTube and posting angry comments and blogs after? Laughing

I had no idea Brian's ever replaced "damn" or "hell" at any time. Honestly, I don't know anyone other than my Grandma who doesn't casually swear on a regular basis. I hang out with hooligans.

*analyzing skills kicking in*

Quote :
Johnno tours all the time and more often than not don’t even get paid enough to make it to the next show
This explains why there's a recurring theme of "Brian's life is better than mine." So who is the bigger "tool"? Brian for getting angry or the guy not accepting free merch and a face to face apology from Brian? Hm.
Back to top Go down
kuruptlon
A Contender
A Contender
kuruptlon

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 12:11 pm

You know that situation kind of sucks for all people involved. What we saw in the video was the culmination of a lot of time on the road and countless nights of Brian being ticked off at someone having a conversation during the show and him not saying anything. This guy wasn't the first person to talk during Brians act, but he was the straw that broke the camels back and as a result he caught the brunt of Brian's mounting frustration.

I don't really think its anyones fault, and I'm sure Brian didn't feel too good about losing his cool after the fact but it was bound to happen.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 2:33 pm

eagles1139 wrote:

Thoughts?

Brian may have overreacted but he's right, no one paid to hear this guy or his friends or anyone else in the crowd. The guy may have been having "the best night ever" but it seems pretty obvious that he and his friends were creating a distraction. People should enjoy the show in their own way but all too often they're doing so at the expense of others (talking over songs/banter, boosting people onto shoulders, crowd surfing when it's obviously inappropriate, etc).

I saw Frank Turner say something during Worst Things Happen At Sea during a show last spring. Some girls were chatting up a storm and he basically said "Sorry if my song is too loud for your conversation" and then gave them a death stare. Somehow it shut them up. I can't understand people that come to an acoustic/quiet/small show and then try to talk while the performer is playing (or talking).

My major peeve is repeatedly shouting requests and it happens at most shows. We get it, you want to hear some rare song or your favorite track or some obscure cover but find a band member before the show and ask for it. It's amazing how a little bit of time and not a lot of effort can turn into hearing a few songs. You might even get a legit conversation while not annoying the hell out of those around you during the show.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 3:36 pm

Most people you encounter in life are idiots. Not saying everyone is, but it is more common than finding someone awesome.

Did Brian over react? A bit, even though I think he it was justified myself. But, he apologized for it and that counts for something in my book. It's not like he assaulted the guy. He just embarrassed him.

The guy who was yelled at fails to see the point that Brian obviously didn't care wtf they were talking about, all he knows on his end is they were being loud and annoying and that's why he called him out. The guy is just a typical show drunkie. You know they type: "What? I didn't do anything! I was just being a drunk! You should put up with my nonsense! Oh you won't put up with me yelling over you, my friend putting his girlfriend on his shoulders so she can block everyone behind her and my other friend demanding you adjust your setlist just for him? Well YOU'RE the tool Mr. Rich Rock Star!"

That's how I processed it anyway.

I saw that Frank video somewhere. Was it posted here?

The worst was Brian's acoustic show 2 yrs ago (can't believe it was that long ago). The video from the Court Tavern show is a good example of people being jackasses. But it happens everywhere. I saw Dave Hause play a tiny club to like 30 people and a few girls were being idiots. He called them out in true Dave fashion though, and it was awesome.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 3:39 pm

Patrons who continuously talk loudly during acoustic/intimate songs are selfish dickbags who deserve to get yelled at, plain and simple.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 4:08 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
Patrons who continuously talk loudly during acoustic/intimate songs are selfish dickbags who deserve to get yelled at, plain and simple.

The real issue in this case wasn't that people talked during songs, they talked while Brian was talking. Ok, so he does talk more than most performers, but he's either informative or funny and sure worth listening too. In the case of a song, the music can at least drown out most of the talking, but when it's just one guy on stage talking ...
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 4:50 pm

Brian has the best stage banter ever. If people listened, they'd know that. But instead they take the moment to shout at him or each other as if it's their turn to speak now. I've seen Gaslight enough to know (as I'm sure all you have too) that Brian normally handles these things with a sense of humor, if he acknowledges it at all. So he must have been super stressed out. But this dude was made a fool, so he's going to deflect by going overboard and turning it around on Brian.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 4:54 pm

I wonder what would have happen if these people went to see Tom Waits...
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 5:03 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
I remember at Horrible Crowes someone heckling him telling him to just play the song and stop talking.
Did you go to the LA show?
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 5:09 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Brian has the best stage banter ever. If people listened, they'd know that. But instead they take the moment to shout at him or each other as if it's their turn to speak now. I've seen Gaslight enough to know (as I'm sure all you have too) that Brian normally handles these things with a sense of humor, if he acknowledges it at all. So he must have been super stressed out. But this dude was made a fool, so he's going to deflect by going overboard and turning it around on Brian.

this
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 6:54 pm

Harbortown wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
I remember at Horrible Crowes someone heckling him telling him to just play the song and stop talking.

No- New York Smile
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 8:17 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:

No- New York Smile
Huh! Because someone did the same thing at Troubadour. Brian responded by picking up a woman from the crowd and then proceeded to pretend ask her on a date, haha.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 8:20 pm

Harbortown wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:

No- New York Smile
Huh! Because someone did the same thing at Troubadour. Brian responded by picking up a woman from the crowd and then proceeded to pretend ask her on a date, haha.

So then a slightly different reaction than in Nottingham, where the house lights went up and he cursed them out. LOL

I wish I could remember when exactly someone did it at the NY show because it's probably on YouTube somehwere. What bothered me even more was that it appeared to come from the balcony, which is where all the VIPs are. Maybe it was someone he knew teasing him.
Back to top Go down
Jay
A Contender
A Contender
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 12:39 am

Yikes.

Kinda harsh if you ask me. All I know is I'm sure a lot of people in that crowd WON'T be seeing gaslight next tour. It's a fucking concert. They paid to get in and are certainly allowed to talk.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 8:10 am

I was there that night. those guys deserved telling off. They talked and laughed loudly all the way through Cherry Blossom. Ignorant bstrds
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 10:02 am

Jerseyrain wrote:
I was there that night. those guys deserved telling off. They talked and laughed loudly all the way through Cherry Blossom. Ignorant bstrds

and I was ...you got it spot on, if theyre upset and wont be at any TGA gigs I wont miss them, twats.
Back to top Go down
TGA30
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
TGA30

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 1:05 pm

if the kids were being dicks, they got what they deserve. we all know how respectful brian is when hes on stage, so whatever happened must have really set him off. he doesn't need to be disrespected by douche bag kids when he's trying to do his job. and yes, talking is part of his job. i know people paid to see him play music, but as a performer, if he's got something to say, he has every right to say it, and not be interrupted by asshole kids. way to go, brian.
Back to top Go down
Jay
A Contender
A Contender
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 2:07 pm

I realize that people can be assholes at shows and I'm not excusing that I'm there to hear the music too and the only time I open my mouth at a concert is to sing along. But that doesn't excuse brain for being a jerk there. What he said to those girls was more along the lines of funny, but the way he cussed that one guy out was just mean. It's just a show. It's not like he was preaching the sermon on the mount or anything.
Back to top Go down
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
A Contender
A Contender
sandyangryjohnnyormary?

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 2:20 pm

Jerseyrain wrote:

Alright, I was in the "dick move Brian" camp at first, but distracting Cherry Blossoms is inexcusable.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 2:25 pm

sandyangryjohnnyormary? wrote:
Jerseyrain wrote:

Alright, I was in the "dick move Brian" camp at first, but distracting Cherry Blossoms is inexcusable.

'Jesus' was on the set list as the last THC song, but Brian signalled to Ian not to bother, as it would have been hopeless. That's how most people lost out because of a few jerks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next