DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City

Go down 
+14
DrPaul
NeverTrustAJunkie
Holland
enola
El Jefe
moreblue
LuceroDiehard
Jerseyrain
Gaslight23
ktp
brucesboots
elnoiangles
steady now steady now
riversedge
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City Empty
PostSubject: Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City   Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 6:21 am

Anybody here gonna be present for the Revival Tour come October at Rock City?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City   Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 5:23 am

heardthewindsay wrote:
Anybody here gonna be present for the Revival Tour come October at Rock City?

Yes!
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City   Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 10:18 am

Great! Still trying to decide what non-Horrible Crowes songs I think they'll play...
Back to top Go down
elnoiangles
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
elnoiangles

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City   Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 12:42 pm

Hello
Newcomer here.
I'm hoping to come to Rock City October 2 show, especially as my football team are playing in Nottingham that day!
As always I'm a bit put off by going solo so if anyone else is short of a drinking partner please shout up!

Phil
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City   Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 6:30 am

yes , i will be there.
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City   Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 7:20 pm

seeing Brian twice in one weekend!
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City   Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 10:34 am

i'll be there too so come & say hi Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City   Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 10:36 am

Ill keep my eyes peeled!
Back to top Go down
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City   Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 11:17 am

Just bought a ticket for this show Smile
Back to top Go down
elnoiangles
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
elnoiangles

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City   Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 8:18 pm

No boxer or goodnight irene - as setlist sites suggested - but friggin great
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City   Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 10:38 pm

An awesome show. I felt embarrassed by the loud mouth idiots chatting and shouting through Brians set and loved how he put them down. They even had the cheek to argue with him after the show. Was great to hear Crush and Old White Lincoln tonight. Revival Road to finish and Chucks Meet You In Th Middle with Brian were also highlights for me. This was a special show seeing as though Dave Hause personally invited me onto the guestlist and seemed really pleased when I came to say thanks after the show. He was having the time of his life up on that stage, they all were. What a top guy.

Brian didn't seem too happy until his own set came around. I feel sorry for the guy. He misses his family and friends and seems like he has a lot of stuff going on in his head to deal with. He didn't need the ignorant fools chirping up when he was trying to speak and sing Cherry Blossom. He definitely cheered up though and didn't let it anger or phase him too much which was good to see.

You could tell that since the Manchester show, the guys are a lot more comfortable now they have settled into the tour. There was a lot more joking and fooling around between them. Just part of this great camaraderie we keep talking about. Great stuff. Great Show, Great Night
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
elnoiangles
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
elnoiangles

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City   Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 7:28 am

Does anyone have the full setlist, please?
Also who was the guy from Huddersfield singing Dirty Old Town?
Cheers.
Still flying!
Back to top Go down
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City   Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 7:34 am

jerseyrain wrote:
An awesome show. I felt embarrassed by the loud mouth idiots chatting and shouting through Brians set and loved how he put them down. They even had the cheek to argue with him after the show.

So they actually stayed after the show to meet Brian and argue with him? That is pathetic! I was so happy when Brian shot the down Smile what did Brian have to say to them after the show when they were arguing with him?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City   Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 7:49 am

Gaslight23 wrote:
jerseyrain wrote:
An awesome show. I felt embarrassed by the loud mouth idiots chatting and shouting through Brians set and loved how he put them down. They even had the cheek to argue with him after the show.

So they actually stayed after the show to meet Brian and argue with him? That is pathetic! I was so happy when Brian shot the down Smile what did Brian have to say to them after the show when they were arguing with him?

I think both sides explained to each other what had happened and why, and they all made up.

(I'll report and post pics when I've woken up properly.)
Back to top Go down
elnoiangles
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
elnoiangles

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City   Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 9:13 am

I'm a luddite and don't know how to post pics, especially from work, but if anyone wants to find my pics and vids I'm phil barnett on facebook
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City   Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 9:35 am

Great day/night at Nottingham yesterday.

Having stayed cleared of all the YouTube video, I got the Revival Tour experience full on and wow ...

Brian played an astonishingly angry 'Great Expectations' with the whole gang, and at a different tempo than on the album (and that alone was probably worth the ticket).

For their set, The Horrible Crowes played

'Ladykiller',
'Crush' and
'Cherry Blossoms' (but
'I Believe Jesus Brought Us Together', which was on the set list, got dropped, because the crowd was just too noisy for that one of all songs).

Brian followed this with

'We Came to Dance' (which is my favourite, so that was a real treat),
'Navesink Banks',
'Blue Jeans and White T-Shirts',
'Old White Lincoln' and, with everyone back on stage,
'American Slang' (I had never really taken to that song, but the way they performed it together last night was worth another ticket).

For 'his' encore, Brian led on

'The 59' Sound', which was really stunning, because a large part of it was just a capella with the crowd.

And when it was all sung and done, Brian handed me the said list from stage!

I got some Horrible Crowes photos signed by both Brian and Ian, and on top of it all, I got to hang out with some DimestoreSaints (jerseyrain and his sister), ktp (and Adam), brucesboots and moreblue. I tried to spot riversedge, but no luck.

My photos are online at http://www.gaslightanthem.org/revival2011nottingham.htm

Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City RTNottingham20113

Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City RTNottingham20119

Last edited by steady now steady now on Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City   Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 9:43 am

Some damn good photos steady now!
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
moreblue
A Contender
A Contender
moreblue

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City   Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 10:47 am

Great photos Alexander! Was cool to see you at the end of the show.
Ace you got the set list. Take a pic of it and post on here when you can Smile

Definitely the BEST gig I've been to this year!
Even if a few rude audiences members managed to talk all over the quieter songs in the Horrible Crows part of the set (Cherry Blossoms). Then another guy tried heckling while he was talking about the progress of the new Gaslight album (he said they have 11 songs ready, but they're aiming to get about 30 songs together and choose the best ones to make a truly great record, instead of a good one).
I personally love hearing Brian talk about the songs and meanings and find it so disrespectful when drunken idiots shout 'Just play a song!' and heckle.
I thought Brian dealt with the situation(s) very well. He was pretty funny about it when he said "I'm not sure if the rest of the audience paid good money to come to see me play, but they sure as hell didn't come to hear you talk all over the songs!". Or something like that.

Even got a chance to meet Brian after the show which was really cool. I'm not usually too bothered about meeting bands these days but being such a huge fan of his song writing it was cool to say hi and get my ticket signed.

Definitely a special show for sure. Dave Hause was so impressive and clearly having the time of his life!.

I like the way Dan Andriano was happy to take crowd requests ('Enjoy Your Day' from the first Alkaline Trio album), even if it meant retuning his guitar. It was cool how the whole show had a party / fun vibe that most usual gigs don't have as they usually stick to the setlists so rigidly.

And Chuck Regan is amazing for making it all happen.
Back to top Go down
El Jefe
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City   Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 10:59 am

How my circle of friends vary. If you came up to some of the wrestlers I know after you heckled/talked during their match and argued with them you would have gotten your ass kicked. Nice to know Brian did not have to throw down...
Back to top Go down
http://www.eljefedesign.com
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City   Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 11:38 am

steady now steady now wrote:
I tried to spot riversedge, but no luck.

i didnt see you man!

i didnt catch anyone from dimestore because i had to shoot off after the gig. I was about to meet brian but them idiots from the crowd were just stood arguing with him for a good ten minutes. I cant beleive Brian even wasted his time on them

amazing time though, great expectations was my favourite from last night
Back to top Go down
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City   Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 11:57 am

steady now steady now wrote:
Gaslight23 wrote:
jerseyrain wrote:

I think both sides explained to each other what had happened and why, and they all made up.

(I'll report and post pics when I've woken up properly.)

Ah that's cool

I saw you, you were just a couple people to the left of me, I was about 2 people back from the barrier

You going to anymore shows on the tour?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City   Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 12:02 pm

Gaslight23 wrote:
I saw you, you were just a couple people to the left of me, I was about 2 people back from the barrier

You going to anymore shows on the tour?

no, that's it, one really memorable night
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City   Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 12:05 pm

@gaslight23

do you have blonde hair? haha

i think i recognised you by your tatoo, just saw the '33rpm' under your sleeve
Back to top Go down
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City   Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 12:33 pm

riversedge wrote:
@gaslight23

do you have blonde hair? haha

i think i recognised you by your tatoo, just saw the '33rpm' under your sleeve

Nope I have brown hair, I was wearing a white t-shirt, if you search matty clout on facebook you will be able to see what I look like if you want haha
Back to top Go down
elnoiangles
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
elnoiangles

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City   Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 5:58 pm

Enjoyed 'Dirty Old Town' with Jimmy Islip too, and Dave and Brian playing the Jamesons bottle - can't remember what to though, bizarrely!?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City   Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Revival Tour - Nottingham Rock City
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next