DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)

Go down 
+20
Harbortown
Shrewsbury_Stars
ral
kuruptlon
NeverTrustAJunkie
steady now steady now
plugga
Holland
loazis
IKeeptheDiner
brucesboots
eremitapa
steph
The Angry Johnny Revue
simo
IrishNameAndAnInjury
JimmyB
DeathoftheCool
Debonair
eagles1139
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) Empty
PostSubject: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 11:49 pm

*admin note* Brian swears

I heard a little while ago about an incident where Brian had to tell off some guys for talking at a show. So today I'm literally about to post asking if Brian straight up has a problem with swearing, because there's instances where he will conveniently leave out certain small words in covers of songs like even "damn" and "hell" and in his Backstreets cover he even says "SHE was getting wasted in the heat"....

Then I stumble across this video....

Badass

Last edited by eagles1139 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 11:53 pm

so he swears....big freaking deal.
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 12:01 am

oldgospelchoir wrote:

Jeez I'm only saying it's a side of Brian that hasn't been seen before really so I thought it was worth posting. I'm not passing any judgment, in fact I liked that he did that.

Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 12:03 am

I never had a doubt that he swears, I think what we mostly see is his "professional" side. But i guarentee he's surprisingly different in his private life. And i don't mean that in he is an axe murderer or something completely different than we known. Just how he talks and hangs out.

And Brian has said multiple times he dislikes the internet mainly because of stuff like this. He probably had no idea, in the heat of the moment, what he was saying was going to end up online. I guarentee he wouldn't of said this - in the same manner - if he knew it was going to be filmed. Most likely he would of said something, but probably watched his words, he just got wrapped up in the moment.

Last edited by Debonair on Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 12:04 am

eagles1139 wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

Jeez I'm only saying it's a side of Brian that hasn't been seen before really so I thought it was worth posting. I'm not passing any judgment, in fact I liked that he did that.

haha sorry my post sounds way different than I thought it would.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 12:15 am

holy shit haha. i posed this question a few months ago. pretty cool, i guess he only swears when he's angry or not doing gaslight stuff
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 12:19 am

Sorta like Young Springsteen...Does that mean when Brian is in his 60's he's gonna be dropping F bombs all over the place? Laughing But seriously, Pretty classy to not swear much, and only when you are extremely ticked at something...I kind of have a problem where I let the more colorful side of my vocabulary always find a way out when I am ticked at anything...yeah I know I need to control it... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 12:20 am

DeathoftheCool wrote:
holy shit haha. i posed this question a few months ago. pretty cool, i guess he only swears when he's angry or not doing gaslight stuff

Yeah I remember that, but you did it in a different thread, you didn't create one i believe
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 12:21 am

yeah i did it some other thread, and at the time the answer was unclear. resolution!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 12:29 am

I think I remember hearing about this, and I don't think it's a big deal either. Like eagles1139 said, I'm glad he said what he did. I think in general Brian tries to watch what he says because he knows that it's not only a reflection on him but on the band as well, but he's human. Sometimes words just fly out in the heat of the moment like that, but it was totally justified. Those people in the audience were being disrespectful and Brian owned that stage and put them in their place. Bravo.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 12:30 am

Man if Brian still checks this forum I bet he gets a laugh out of topic titles like this.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 1:00 am

simo wrote:
Man if Brian still checks this forum I bet he gets a laugh out of topic titles like this.

He would probably think we're all insane! But hopefully he would also see how much we love the music and appreciate what he and the other guys do. I love you
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 1:09 am

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
simo wrote:

He would probably think we're all insane! But hopefully he would also see how much we love the music and appreciate what he and the other guys do. I love you
Think we are insane? I think we passed the point of Question when the Spam Thread reached it's 20th reset Laughing
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 1:19 am

simo wrote:

Hi Brian!

If you're reading this blink three times...
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 1:58 am

i get what eagle1139 was saying. it's not that brian isn't allowed to swear or something, just that based on his history of replacing even words like "damn" and "hell" in his songs, words that are hardly considered swear words any more, to hear him swear like that, it did surprise me. not saying i condemn it, i have a dirty mouth, who the fuck am i to judge? but considering how conservative he is with his language in music, it is surprising to hear that he has and does swear. that's all.
Back to top Go down
eremitapa
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
eremitapa

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 7:33 am

This is a weird thread...
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 12:58 pm

get real.......if ever you hear the twats screaming Bruuuuuce at every gig he seems to play , its enuf to make a vicar swear.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 1:49 pm

Like I said...by the time Brian is 62...will he start dropping F bombs all over the place like Bruce? Laughing
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 3:58 pm

eremitapa wrote:
^this.

The guys human and speaks words. Some mean nice things, some don't. What if someone went to your job and started yelling things at you or talking over you?
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 4:05 pm

i don't see why the thread is so weird. it's not like "ooh guess what brian fallon swears", but it is just something that might not be expected, because, as the OP stated, he omits words like "damn" and "hell" from his songs, which are hardly even curse words, so it leads you to believe he doesn't like or use curse words. that's all.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 4:22 pm

steph wrote:
i don't see why the thread is so weird. it's not like "ooh guess what brian fallon swears", but it is just something that might not be expected, because, as the OP stated, he omits words like "damn" and "hell" from his songs, which are hardly even curse words, so it leads you to believe he doesn't like or use curse words. that's all.

I don't see the problem about the thread, but i will say the name of it is kind of off. I might change it to " Discussion of Brian in this video" or something like that.
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 4:37 pm

IKeeptheDiner wrote:
eremitapa wrote:
^this.

The guys human and speaks words. Some mean nice things, some don't. What if someone went to your job and started yelling things at you or talking over you?

Nowhere am I saying that Brian was out of line or something...He clearly has been a person that makes a point to not use bad language in his music or even when just talking publicly. Compared to Benny for instance, an equally friendly and goodhearted guy that swears a lot.

Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 6:29 pm

The video and this thread both crack me up :'D
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 6:32 pm

Well seeing as they are working with a former Limp Bizkit producer maybe the language is going to take a turn for the worse on the new album.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 6:37 pm

Holland wrote:
Well seeing as they are working with a former Limp Bizkit producer maybe the language is going to take a turn for the worse on the new album.

you just provided me with the worst image ever.
i'll be in my room trying to forget fred durst exists Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)   Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian Fallons interaction with audience member (video)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next