DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts

Go down 
+33
riversedge
Davidesamulson
Bea
Silver
amberfoyd
JJW319
verbos
Jay
PFREEZY
WoodyJoe
Scarlett
massie1903
andy.mac
simo
nuwbuddy
sidekicksuicide
tdawg
TGAFAN25
Stalls_Standing
Jukebox Romeo
kieran
Matt Days
33 Rounds Per Minute
liveit
Eddie
dandangoose
spraypainthero
lhdez
JoshRaymond
PatientFabiWheel
e7c
laurendelore
Forum Owner
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts   Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 8:05 pm

YOu're welcome! love that song! lyrics are unreal!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Silver
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Silver

PostSubject: Re: Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts   Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 8:17 pm

It's my favourite tga song, too. (:

Due to a discussion with a girl I asked that. We had different point of views for the girl name. And YEEEEEEES, she was right. Girl's are always right.^^

(Jenny forced me to write that!" xP)

BUT I have another question to that song, where I couldn't find any infos. Who is the singing woman in the chorus? Is that Hollie? O_O
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts   Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 8:24 pm

It's not Hollie. Someone else was credited for it but I don't remember the name. I know the question has been brought up before.
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts   Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 8:57 pm

ha, i came on to ask the same question. Would love to know her name and see if she has any other music...
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts   Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 6:26 am

"Jet Mullen - Additional vocals on Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts"
Back to top Go down
Davidesamulson
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts   Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 4:36 pm

Blue jeans and a white T-shirt I wore It in my college days.I remember that looked very nice on that days.
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts   Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 1:03 pm

Anyone know who the woman (if it is) who sings the harmonies at the first verse?
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts   Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 4:11 pm

riversedge wrote:
Anyone know who the woman (if it is) who sings the harmonies at the first verse?

This is just a stab in the dark, but it might be Brian's wife, Hollie, as I believe she's credited as a backing singer.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts   Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 4:20 pm

riversedge wrote:
read two posts above yours
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts   Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 4:32 pm

Bea wrote:
riversedge wrote:
read two posts above yours

Maybe I was wrong then (:
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts   Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 4:51 pm

Didnt see that, thanks! thoguht it was his wife as well, my self
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts   Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 5:04 pm

JJW319 wrote:
Man I love reading all these old threads on here. It's so cool seeing everyone's reactions and whatnot

That 33 rpm line is so freaking poetic, I love it even more now knowing what it means

It really pisses me off that S&TQ is 45RPM though. I think they're just being modest.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts   Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 6:38 pm

One thing Id like explaining about this song is the line ' Drank from the fountains off the fireworks'. Yeah I get the whole Springsteen reference to 4th July (Sandy) but that line doesn't really make sense to me. I know they have fireworks on July 4th too but drinking from the fountain off the fireworks?????
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts   Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 6:51 pm

Jerseyrain wrote:
One thing Id like explaining about this song is the line ' Drank from the fountains off the fireworks'. Yeah I get the whole Springsteen reference to 4th July (Sandy) but that line doesn't really make sense to me. I know they have fireworks on July 4th too but drinking from the fountain off the fireworks?????

My guess - Fireworks go off in a fountain esc. shape. And "drank" is just an analogy for "take in" "saw" etc.. That's at least how I always took it.
Back to top Go down
FelixMA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
FelixMA

PostSubject: Re: Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts   Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 7:42 am

every single time I listen to this song, or even sing it along in my head, the hairs on the back of my arm stand on end.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts   Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3