DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"

Go down 
+11
TGAforLIFE
BuddyHolly
enola
Gaslight23
CluckyB
Debonair
Blue_Collar_Man
loazis
Tobbo
Harbortown
mirrorenigma
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mirrorenigma
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
mirrorenigma

Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"  Empty
PostSubject: Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"    Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 1:23 pm

I had a mini anxiety attack over how amazing it is..... all i can say is WOW. He really looks like he's enjoying himself too. This song is just pure gold!
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"    Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 1:38 pm

Hehe, are you curellasays?

Yes indeed, this is a great performance. Brian's shirt is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Tobbo
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"    Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 1:48 pm

I've seen a few other live performances of biloxi parish before and none of them them was bad. This one in fact is my new favorite. I had to laugh very hard at 3:14 because of the expresion on brians face Very Happy
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"    Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 2:00 pm

It's a great version indeed. Gaslight-chills all over my body when I saw them play it.

By the way, at the end of the video the guy says "If you're fan of the blues-genre you will definitely like them". Makes me frown a bit.
Back to top Go down
Blue_Collar_Man
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Blue_Collar_Man

PostSubject: Re: Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"    Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 4:10 pm

i was at pinkpop that concert
his voice needed a huge warmup in the beginning of the show though, but it was super!
and yes, that radio station sucks ... their comments are just so sum
i saw an interview on youtube where they're interviewing Brian and he's got a face like 'wtf, who are these people and can't they ask smart questions???'
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"    Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 4:20 pm

Going of memory im 90% sure this is an older version of biloxi(at school so can't watch the video connection sucks)

The latest version is glastonbury 2011 which removes the third verse (played the same way as the begining) for a rock bridge and a soft outro chorus into full rock outro

Can't describe it well but this is the show, you'll see what I mean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=t-aaZ0CRxUo
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"    Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 4:52 pm

Debonair wrote:
Going of memory im 90% sure this is an older version of biloxi(at school so can't watch the video connection sucks)

The latest version is glastonbury 2011 which removes the third verse (played the same way as the begining) for a rock bridge and a soft outro chorus into full rock outro

Brian's voice crackling at 1:37. Sounds god damn badass.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"    Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 5:10 pm

"But when this whole thing is over and we land in Asbury's arm, when the bands all quite down and its just you and me in the dark, I won't say nothing cause that's how I know your heart"

Brian's songs have so many good quotes, but thats one of my favorites.

Its been so much fun to watch this song evolve/get polished over time.

Anyone able to translate what the guys are saying at the start / end? I would assume the conversation at the end goes something like "That was The Gaslight Anthem playing Biloxi Parish" "Was that a new song?" "Yes it was. But it was awesome no?" "Indeed. The Gaslight Anthem are the best band ever and Brian Fallon cannot write bad songs. I want his babies"
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"    Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 5:53 pm

They're simply saying something along the lines of "Ah good news, maybe we can listen to a song?" and then they cut to the song.

End: "That was the Gaslight Anthem Live with the song "Biloxi Parish". Good song! Yes it is! To be honest, we've played more Gaslight Anthem songs on our show, good band. Yeah, definitely a good band. 3 Albums, all 3 are equally good and when you're a fan of the blues-genre you will think it's awesome."

But they say it in a way as if they have no idea what they are actually talking about.
Back to top Go down
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

PostSubject: Re: Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"    Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 7:52 pm

Debonair wrote:

Can you tell what Brian says at the start, this is a new song...
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"    Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 8:23 pm

Gaslight23 wrote:
Debonair wrote:

Can you tell what Brian says at the start, this is a new song...

I think its "for my friend with the sign" as Brian is cool enough to do the whole sign thing Smile

also they better not remove the third verse from the actual song. The guitar solo and bridge are cool, but the third verse is too good to leave out. Just put both in the final version or something.

Last edited by CluckyB on Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"    Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 8:27 pm

Yeah its he's talking about someone holding a sign in the crowed which I assume says biloxi parish

Edit:

Quote :

also they better not remove the third verse from the actual song. The guitar solo and bridge are cool, but the third verse is too good to leave out. Just put both in the final version or something.

It weird I think a couple months ago I might have agreed with you but now I love the new version, from a musician point of view it really flows alot better and keeps the song going and refreshing, yet there is something to say about the old version.

You can tell though that Brian is not completely settled on this song, it sounds like he's making up words during the bridge as he goes, good ol brian

Also there's something so cool about Alex L when he smooths his hair back at 2:48 before it switches frames, I'm starting to see what people mean about Alex L, he's punk Cool

Last edited by Debonair on Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
mirrorenigma
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
mirrorenigma

PostSubject: Re: Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"    Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 11:22 pm

@Harbourtown: Yep curella says is me. :-P

Did you notice at the end they said the song was called "Biloxi Paris"? Lol.

I heard this about 20x since I saw it. Completely addicted. Especially during the last chorus and he's smiling as he's singing, he really look like he's enjoying it, also the last bridge when the volume is suddenly raised and he sounds more passionate.

:-P

Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"    Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 3:08 am

There's another thread about Biloxi Parish here

They changed the 3rd verse first time in Berlin and I think kept it that way until their last European show in Barcelona. For a live mp3 of Biloxi you can also check out the ARML here. They played it in Berlin, Glastonbury and Hannover for sure. The previous version premiered in Australia (see the Sydney bootleg).

Brian said at that time that they were sill working on the song that's why at first they only played it on festivals and that it could still change...

Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74

PostSubject: Re: Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"    Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 5:36 pm

Anyone have a rip of this?
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"    Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 6:01 pm

Mcirish wrote:
Anyone have a rip of this?

The downlad links are in he ARML. See the link to it in my post above!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
BuddyHolly
A Contender
A Contender
BuddyHolly

PostSubject: Re: Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"    Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 8:06 pm

I uploaded an audio rip of the full show here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?u92momu6ak9gff9
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

PostSubject: Re: Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"    Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 5:21 pm

I only know a small bit of German... and was wondering, could someone from Germany interpret what they say at the end? (Sorry I'm not a German expert...perhaps someday).
Back to top Go down
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

PostSubject: Re: Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"    Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 5:57 pm

What does DD 661 mean on the backdrop?
Back to top Go down
BuddyHolly
A Contender
A Contender
BuddyHolly

PostSubject: Re: Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"    Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 8:00 pm

TGAforLIFE wrote:
I only know a small bit of German...

And no Dutch at all Wink

They're saying something like this:
"The Gaslight Anthem live... it was a song called Biloxi Parish"
"By the way, that's a good song"
"It's a very good song. We've played some songs by them a couple of times in our show... Good band!"
"Very good band indeed! They've released three albums so far which are all equally good. If you like the "Bruce-style" you should like this band as well"

"Equally good" is translated quite literally, I don't know if that's proper English though.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"    Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 8:40 pm

Steve70s wrote:
What does DD 661 mean on the backdrop?
don't know. a Google search tells me the DD-661 was a Navy ship back in the day
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

PostSubject: Re: Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"    Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 5:46 am

BuddyHolly wrote:
TGAforLIFE wrote:
I only know a small bit of German...

And no Dutch at all Wink

They're saying something like this:
"The Gaslight Anthem live... it was a song called Biloxi Parish"
"By the way, that's a good song"
"It's a very good song. We've played some songs by them a couple of times in our show... Good band!"
"Very good band indeed! They've released three albums so far which are all equally good. If you like the "Bruce-style" you should like this band as well"

"Equally good" is translated quite literally, I don't know if that's proper English though.

Ah... Woops. I guess No Dutch is right. My bad. But that's cool. Thanks for the interpretation. Iinteresting! Now I am well informed of what the Dutch think. Wink
Back to top Go down
BuddyHolly
A Contender
A Contender
BuddyHolly

PostSubject: Re: Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"    Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 3:09 pm

You're welcome! It just ordinairy dj-talk, although they actually do seem to like the band Smile
Back to top Go down
semrad8
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
semrad8

PostSubject: Re: Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"    Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 4:24 pm

Really good song! Btw, what's that shirt ? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

PostSubject: Re: Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"    Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 1:47 am

BuddyHolly wrote:
You're welcome! It just ordinairy dj-talk, although they actually do seem to like the band Smile

Yeah, they actually do seem to like them. I guess the Dutch have good taste!

Oh, and yeah, equally good is proper English. It just means one album is just as good as another. That's cool though.
Rock on Dutch Gaslight fans! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"    Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blown away by this version of "Biloxi Parish"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next