DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Biloxi Parish' (live audio MP3)

Go down 
+9
Labhras
AngryJohnnyN1930
loazis
Asleepontheforestfloor
carryon820
Bea
Templeton
madsmom
steady now steady now
13 posters
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

'Biloxi Parish' (live audio MP3) Empty
PostSubject: 'Biloxi Parish' (live audio MP3)   'Biloxi Parish' (live audio MP3) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 6:53 pm

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6UGAEKTY (new link to fm broadcast version)

Last edited by steady now steady now on Tue May 31, 2011 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
madsmom
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
madsmom

PostSubject: Re: 'Biloxi Parish' (live audio MP3)   'Biloxi Parish' (live audio MP3) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 6:55 pm

thank you !!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Templeton
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Templeton

PostSubject: Re: 'Biloxi Parish' (live audio MP3)   'Biloxi Parish' (live audio MP3) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 10:04 am

I think I'm in love with this song ^^!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'Biloxi Parish' (live audio MP3)   'Biloxi Parish' (live audio MP3) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 3:51 pm

Templeton wrote:

Just think how well this went down compared to when 'American Slang' (the song) first streamed. I hope someone is paying attention to how our 'focus group' reacted.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: 'Biloxi Parish' (live audio MP3)   'Biloxi Parish' (live audio MP3) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 5:13 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
Templeton wrote:

Just think how well this went down compared to when 'American Slang' (the song) first streamed. I hope someone is paying attention to how our 'focus group' reacted.
so true! i don't think i had joined the forum yet when that happened, so i'm only speaking for myself when i say that i didn't like American Slang at all the first i heard it... but i loved this one right away, even if it's not a studio recording! weird...
Back to top Go down
carryon820
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Biloxi Parish' (live audio MP3)   'Biloxi Parish' (live audio MP3) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 5:56 pm

I was thinking the same thing when I first heard "Biloxi Parish"...........hope TGA is paying attention! I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy American Slang, as I definitely did, but to me it seemed like a band in transition or a band that was trying too hard to obtain a certain sound (or even lyrics) whereas The 59 Sound was just so natural sounding (even according to Brain in relation to the writing process). It almost seems like they tried too hard to abandon the sound and direction of The 59 Sound (possibly due to the Bruce comparisons) not allowing them to slowly progress, change thier sound naturally, and come into thier own, which in my opinion, may be why American Slang seemed kind of forced and didn't turn out as good.

Now don't get me wrong, as much as I love "Biloxi Parish" so far, I wouldn't want an entire album like it, but it's definitely a damn good start! I'm interested in hearing a mix of both fast/heavy songs and the more slow and medium pace songs (to me, Biloxi Parish is considered a medium pace song). Plus, on this new album I'm excited to hear some harmonica or possibly even piano (not on every track of course). Either way, this new song has me very excited for a new TGA album and with the positive response this song is getting, I hope they try to speed up the process of getting this album out sooner.
Back to top Go down
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

PostSubject: Re: 'Biloxi Parish' (live audio MP3)   'Biloxi Parish' (live audio MP3) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 5:29 am

After taking a break from gaslight for a while. (I still love em, but I'm listening to other music too. The new hip hop and rap coming out right now is the best in years!!!) This was such a surprise!

I love it!
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: 'Biloxi Parish' (live audio MP3)   'Biloxi Parish' (live audio MP3) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 1:52 pm

carryon820 wrote:
Now don't get me wrong, as much as I love "Biloxi Parish" so far, I wouldn't want an entire album like it, but it's definitely a damn good start! I'm interested in hearing a mix of both fast/heavy songs and the more slow and medium pace songs (to me, Biloxi Parish is considered a medium pace song). Plus, on this new album I'm excited to hear some harmonica or possibly even piano (not on every track of course). Either way, this new song has me very excited for a new TGA album and with the positive response this song is getting, I hope they try to speed up the process of getting this album out sooner.
The thought of something Orphans-esque aggressive blasting out of the speakers after this song is giving me epic chills.
Back to top Go down
AngryJohnnyN1930
A Contender
A Contender
AngryJohnnyN1930

PostSubject: Re: 'Biloxi Parish' (live audio MP3)   'Biloxi Parish' (live audio MP3) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 2:40 pm

Wonderson189 & I, with the guidance of Steady Now, Steady Now, made a little fun fan film to Biloxi. It's a lot more than it would seem Wink and It's now on the official DimestoreSaints Youtube Channel!
We just started a forum about it, here it is:

https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/t2984-biloxi-parish-a-fan-video?highlight=biloxi+parish
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'Biloxi Parish' (live audio MP3)   'Biloxi Parish' (live audio MP3) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 2:57 pm

AngryJohnnyN1930 wrote:
Wonderson189 & I, with the guidance of Steady Now, Steady Now, made a little fun fan film to Biloxi. It's a lot more than it would seem Wink and It's now on the official DimestoreSaints Youtube Channel!

https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/t2984-biloxi-parish-a-fan-video?highlight=biloxi+parish

ahem, guidance? maybe spiritual guidance Smile
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: 'Biloxi Parish' (live audio MP3)   'Biloxi Parish' (live audio MP3) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 2:58 pm

AngryJohnnyN1930 wrote:

ahem, guidance? maybe spiritual guidance Smile
Don't lie, we all know you did the choreography.
Back to top Go down
AngryJohnnyN1930
A Contender
A Contender
AngryJohnnyN1930

PostSubject: Re: 'Biloxi Parish' (live audio MP3)   'Biloxi Parish' (live audio MP3) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 3:15 pm

Guidance nonetheless! (Very Happy)

Oh no I'm not denying it wasn't choreographed....or thoroughly rehearsed lol

I just hope ya'll dig it

Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'Biloxi Parish' (live audio MP3)   'Biloxi Parish' (live audio MP3) Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 7:28 am

here's a link to the fm broadcast version

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6UGAEKTY
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: 'Biloxi Parish' (live audio MP3)   'Biloxi Parish' (live audio MP3) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 5:20 pm

excellent quality thank you!
Back to top Go down
nilruf
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Biloxi Parish' (live audio MP3)   'Biloxi Parish' (live audio MP3) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 9:16 pm

Wow that's awesome, thanks a lot!
Back to top Go down
thealarmist
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Biloxi Parish' (live audio MP3)   'Biloxi Parish' (live audio MP3) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 6:53 pm

First time that I've heard this, and I like it, like it a lot. Although, to me it doesn't sound like that much of a return to 59 Sound. Still has the AS sound and groove, but that's all good.
Back to top Go down
marenravn
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
marenravn

PostSubject: Re: 'Biloxi Parish' (live audio MP3)   'Biloxi Parish' (live audio MP3) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 7:33 pm

Bea wrote:
Templeton wrote:

so true! i don't think i had joined the forum yet when that happened, so i'm only speaking for myself when i say that i didn't like American Slang at all the first i heard it... but i loved this one right away, even if it's not a studio recording! weird...

to me it was actually the opposite, i loved american slang when i first heard it, this one i didn't. now it's one of my favourite songs though! i think gaslight will be the first band that has ONLY released songs that i like, most bands have like three-four songs that i don't like, many comes with new albums that are shit. haha. can't know for sure yet, of course, but doubt i'll be disappointed!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/maravn
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: 'Biloxi Parish' (live audio MP3)   'Biloxi Parish' (live audio MP3) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 7:42 pm

Maren knows what's up.

American Slang is a GREAT song and I loved it as soon as I heard it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Biloxi Parish' (live audio MP3)   'Biloxi Parish' (live audio MP3) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1