DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

new version of 'Biloxi Parish'

Go down 
+8
RobertODonnell
Labhras
JJW319
scarsrsouvenirs
brianisbae
Bea
IKeeptheDiner
joshyboytyler
12 posters
AuthorMessage
joshyboytyler
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
joshyboytyler

new version of 'Biloxi Parish' Empty
PostSubject: new version of 'Biloxi Parish'   new version of 'Biloxi Parish' Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 7:38 am

Loved the new section in Biloxi Parish - has anyone copied down the lyrics in it? - can't find a video of it anymore
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new version of 'Biloxi Parish'   new version of 'Biloxi Parish' Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 4:33 pm

joshyboytyler wrote:
Loved the new section in Biloxi Parish - has anyone copied down the lyrics in it? - can't find a video of it anymore

I know this isn't from Glastonbury, but is this that version?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAfZulsG6CU

Can't really make out what he's saying in the new section. Hopefully a better video will surface soon!
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: new version of 'Biloxi Parish'   new version of 'Biloxi Parish' Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 7:19 pm

i like that new end a whole lot. i dont wanna say more cause its a badass song either way, but its really well laid out that way also.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new version of 'Biloxi Parish'   new version of 'Biloxi Parish' Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 8:57 pm

IKeeptheDiner wrote:
i like that new end a whole lot. i dont wanna say more cause its a badass song either way, but its really well laid out that way also.

Yeah, same here. I like that they're kinda experimenting with it before deciding on a final version. Giving it time to grow. And, you're right, such a badass song!
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: new version of 'Biloxi Parish'   new version of 'Biloxi Parish' Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 9:00 pm

here's another version with a clearer sound:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYgqPE7le4g

i still can pick out words here and there, but i can't make out what he's saying... anyone?

EDIT: ok the last line of that new part, "we took it all then we threw it away" just sounds like what they did from The '59 Sound to AS, although well... it might not be related at all since i'm not able to make much sense out of it, except something about heroes and left of the dial? scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new version of 'Biloxi Parish'   new version of 'Biloxi Parish' Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 9:49 pm

Bea wrote:
here's another version with a clearer sound:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYgqPE7le4g

i still can pick out words here and there, but i can't make out what he's saying... anyone?

EDIT: ok the last line of that new part, "we took it all then we threw it away" just sounds like what they did from The '59 Sound to AS, although well... it might not be related at all since i'm not able to make much sense out of it, except something about heroes and left of the dial? scratch

I hear what you hear... It can't be right but it sounds like he's saying "All of my heros are villians and ghosts." I don't know about that, though. Think my ears are playing tricks on me. Wink
Back to top Go down
brianisbae
A Contender
A Contender
brianisbae

PostSubject: Re: new version of 'Biloxi Parish'   new version of 'Biloxi Parish' Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 10:00 pm

All of my heroes are villains and ghosts
Left of the dial, on the stage or the road
And _______, and the badges/baggage they gave me
Well we took it all and we threw it away

That's what I was able to make out. Woah, sounds amazing. I can't wait for an official release!
Back to top Go down
scarsrsouvenirs
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: new version of 'Biloxi Parish'   new version of 'Biloxi Parish' Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 9:58 am

just found this...Biloxi Parish at Glastonbury, great video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-aaZ0CRxUo
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: new version of 'Biloxi Parish'   new version of 'Biloxi Parish' Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 10:07 am

ok well the lyrics of the new part are totally different.. Suspect

what i hear:

And all of your heroes are failures or ghosts
__ in the ether baby, all alone
And what of the things that we carried away?
I held you so close and I miss you away (?)
Back to top Go down
joshyboytyler
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
joshyboytyler

PostSubject: Re: new version of 'Biloxi Parish'   new version of 'Biloxi Parish' Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 12:56 pm

Man who knows what they're gunna be if its on the next album then! Love the first line and hope they keep the Left of the Dial reference in too - seems really appropriate given some of the other lyrics in the song ''when this whole thing is over and we land in Asburys Arms' etc
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: new version of 'Biloxi Parish'   new version of 'Biloxi Parish' Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 1:38 pm

I like the addition of the dropout chorus. TGA hasn't done it traditionally in a lot of songs and it works well live. Cannot wait to hear what happens for the album version...
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: new version of 'Biloxi Parish'   new version of 'Biloxi Parish' Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 2:08 pm

Bea wrote:
ok well the lyrics of the new part are totally different.. Suspect

what i hear:

And all of your heroes are failures or ghosts
__ in the ether baby, all alone
And what of the things that we carried away?
I held you so close and I miss you away (?)
i think it's "trapped in the ether"

and i think with the last line he says "i held you so close, and i missed you" the goes "a wahaaaay" in that way that singers do, if you get me
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: changed lyrics in 'Biloxi Parish'   new version of 'Biloxi Parish' Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 2:58 pm

Labhras wrote:
and i think with the last line he says "i held you so close, and i missed you" the goes "a wahaaaay" in that way that singers do, if you get me
haha totally possible =P

joshyboytyler wrote:
Man who knows what they're gunna be if its on the next album then! Love the first line and hope they keep the Left of the Dial reference in too - seems really appropriate given some of the other lyrics in the song ''when this whole thing is over and we land in Asburys Arms' etc
as much as i always love a Replacements reference, i think the lyrics of the Glastonbury version are more appropiate with the theme of the song..
Back to top Go down
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

PostSubject: Re: new version of 'Biloxi Parish'   new version of 'Biloxi Parish' Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 5:26 pm

Maybe, it's just me, but I prefer the older versions with the final verse. I wouldn't mind this bridge section in the final song, but if the final verse isn't in there too, then the Rock Am Ring recording is going to be my prefered incarnation of the song.

I guess that's the problem with revealing the song to us so early on. If the Glastonbury version of the lyrics turned out to be the final album version, and it was the first time we had heard the song, I wouldn't have any problem with it.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: new version of 'Biloxi Parish'   new version of 'Biloxi Parish' Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 5:46 pm

when did this new version get its first outing?
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: new version of 'Biloxi Parish'   new version of 'Biloxi Parish' Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 6:19 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
when did this new version get its first outing?
i think the new verse was first heard at Glastonbury on June 25th? the lyrics then changed at the Dresden show on June 28.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: new version of 'Biloxi Parish'   new version of 'Biloxi Parish' Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 2:43 am

I like the original version the best, with the lines about not seeing his home in half a year, etc....

I do like the newer lyrics in the bridge break down part, but that last verse really made the song for me....
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: new version of 'Biloxi Parish'   new version of 'Biloxi Parish' Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 4:06 am

There's another video of the new version (Hannover 29.6.2011) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfTTNlbmR1A
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: new version of 'Biloxi Parish'   new version of 'Biloxi Parish' Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 9:59 am

There are different versions being played it looks like hes experimenting with what sounds good or there is no set way of singing it and he just fills the gap in with a spare unused verse or something but here is what he says in Berlin

And all of my heroes are failures of ghosts
trapped in the ether baby all alone
And what are the things that we carried away
I held you so close and I missed you (way/ when)

One of these last two words is c=right although it doesn't make sense, again backing up my experimentation theory.

here are the berlin lyrics

Taking the long way home
And all I remember is the sound of the drive
And your voice in the night

The Hannover version isn't too clear.
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

PostSubject: Re: new version of 'Biloxi Parish'   new version of 'Biloxi Parish' Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 10:45 am

jerseyrain wrote:

here are the berlin lyrics

Taking the long way home
And all I remember is the sound of the drive
For some reason I hear:

"And all of my heroes are failures or ghosts,
shaking the long-gone radio."

The Berlin version may be my favorite so far. Wasn't the Rock Werchter version the darkest one yet? Where he said something about his heroes being exploded into blood and bones? He seemed noticeably angrier during that performance, but it was right after the DJ incident.

That's kind of my main problem with the bridge replacing the final verse: it's so pessimistic when the final verse was so optimistic. I have no problem with Gaslight being dark, but it doesn't seem to fit in this particular song, when the final verse fit perfectly in with the song's theme, I thought.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new version of 'Biloxi Parish'   new version of 'Biloxi Parish' Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new version of 'Biloxi Parish'
Page 1 of 1