DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

THC in Kerrang! magazine

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

THC in Kerrang! magazine Empty
PostSubject: THC in Kerrang! magazine   THC in Kerrang! magazine Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 5:21 am

There is a half page (12) on the Horrible Crowes in this weeks Kerrang! magazine entitled 'No More Mr Nice Guy'. - Is this the first THC article to appear in print?

Quote: "The songs have teeth and they bite hard. It's vicious at points, there's some really nasty stuff in there. Gaslight fans will be shocked that there's so much intensity. ... Gaslight has hopeful, romantic songs, and this isn't exactly hopeful: this record has a train wreck on the way to being hopeful."

Last edited by steady now steady now on Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

PostSubject: Re: THC in Kerrang! magazine   THC in Kerrang! magazine Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 7:54 am

I like the fact they have been influenced by UNKLE for the record
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: THC in Kerrang! magazine   THC in Kerrang! magazine Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 4:59 pm

Can someone please upload a scan? I'm dying to read this ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: THC in Kerrang! magazine   THC in Kerrang! magazine Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 4:12 pm

Sarah (THANKS again Smile ) just sent me a scan of the article since I didn't find a copy of Kerrang here. I thought I transcript it for everyone who didn't get the chance to read it so far:

NO MORE MISTER NICE GUY
Brian Fallon wraps up 'sinister" side project

The Gaslight Anthem's frontman Brian Fallon has completed work upon the debut album from his side-band The Horrible Crowes. Titled Elsiem the album findes Fallon collaborating with his guitar tech, Englishman Ian Perkins, on songs he promises will make "old women blush and young girls scream". And the 31 year old singer says fans of The Gaslight Anthem may be shocked by the 'nasty' and 'sinister' tone of the 'darkly romantic' 12 song collection.
'The songs habe teeth and they bite hard!' he laughs. 'It's vicious at points, there's some really nasty stuff in there. Gaslight fans will be shocked that there's so much intensity. They'll be like, 'Woah! Where did that come from?' But it's been swilling around inside me forever: the tortured lover persona is in every young American boy.'
Recorded in Brian's home state of New Jersey with producer Ted Hutt (Gaslight Anthem/Dropkick Murphys) and influenced by artists such as The Afghan Whigs, Tom Waits, PH Harvey and UNKLE, Elsie is described by Fallon as 'the sinister side of The Gaslight Anthem.'
'Gaslight has hopeful, romantic songs, and this isn't exactly hopeful: this record has a train wreck on the way of being hoepful!' he says. 'It's kinda a descent into madness. The lyrics are all based on bad break up storeis from when I was a kid, when suffering was the name of the game. You have to drink from that cup every once in a whild, it keeps you appreciative of what you have.'
Songs to featrue on Elise include Last Rites, Mary Ann, Go Tell Everybody and Beholder The Hurricane, a contender for the album's opening single. And with the album in the can, Fallon is now turning his attention to the writing of the next Gaslight Anthem album.
'It's nice to be able to do all this crazy stuff and then return home to Gaslight', he says. 'But I feel fortunate that I can put out records that people want to listen to, so I figure I shoulc go for it now while I can.'
Elsie will be released on September 5 through Side One Dummy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THC in Kerrang! magazine   THC in Kerrang! magazine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THC in Kerrang! magazine
Page 1 of 1