DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kerrang! article

Go down 
+8
Stewmelbill
JadedGoober7
spraypainthero
e7c
Stalls_Standing
drunken_third
billy pilgrim
Jukebox Romeo
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Kerrang! article Empty
PostSubject: Kerrang! article   Kerrang! article Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 1:06 pm

Since I can't post in the News section, I had to post here. Anyway, Stalls_Standing, you forgot to scan page 24 of the article, and if you could please post the missing page, that would be great. Thx
Back to top Go down
billy pilgrim
A Contender
A Contender
billy pilgrim

Kerrang! article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kerrang! article   Kerrang! article Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 4:33 pm

Seconded. I had no clue Brian had had plans to go to Pratt, now I'm intrigued and I want to read more.

P.S. if this is common knowledge, I feel dumb.
Back to top Go down
drunken_third
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
drunken_third

Kerrang! article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kerrang! article   Kerrang! article Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 12:23 pm

wait Pratt the college?
Back to top Go down
billy pilgrim
A Contender
A Contender
billy pilgrim

Kerrang! article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kerrang! article   Kerrang! article Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 1:49 pm

Well it says something about him wanting to be an artist and the last word on the page is "Pratt" so I assumed it's talking about the Pratt Institute.
Back to top Go down
billy pilgrim
A Contender
A Contender
billy pilgrim

Kerrang! article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kerrang! article   Kerrang! article Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 4:14 pm

Am I being a dick if I bump this? Probably I am. But I think it died before Stalls saw it...so, yeah.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Kerrang! article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kerrang! article   Kerrang! article Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 4:23 pm

i just pm'd him last night about it...don't know if he noticed
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

Kerrang! article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kerrang! article   Kerrang! article Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 5:45 pm

Hey Guys, yeah I didn't notice this thread but did get your PM. I am trying to scan it now, sorry for missing it out. My scanner is being a bit of a wanker at the moment though, when it works I'll post it up.
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

Kerrang! article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kerrang! article   Kerrang! article Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 5:44 am

Kerrang! article Gaslig10
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

Kerrang! article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kerrang! article   Kerrang! article Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 5:45 am

that was truly accidentally upside down!
Back to top Go down
billy pilgrim
A Contender
A Contender
billy pilgrim

Kerrang! article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kerrang! article   Kerrang! article Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:33 am

Yay!
Super nice of you to scan the article dude, thanks.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

Kerrang! article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kerrang! article   Kerrang! article Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 12:20 pm

Here it is the right side up!

Kerrang! article Gaslig10
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Kerrang! article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kerrang! article   Kerrang! article Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 4:16 pm

Alright, Stalls, here's your next stalker task: Find Brian's art
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

Kerrang! article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kerrang! article   Kerrang! article Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 5:08 pm

I retire!
Back to top Go down
spraypainthero
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
spraypainthero

Kerrang! article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kerrang! article   Kerrang! article Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 5:31 pm

pretty sweet article! thanks for posting
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/jackssmirkingrevengex
JadedGoober7
A Contender
A Contender
JadedGoober7

Kerrang! article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kerrang! article   Kerrang! article Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 6:50 pm

When I spoke to Alex Levine in Manchester(England) last month he was very pissed off with Kerrang for badly mis quoting the band, specifically the If you're intelligent you'll like us comment which was just a joke on the bands behalf.
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

Kerrang! article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kerrang! article   Kerrang! article Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 6:59 pm

I felt that. It makes them sound really cocky and like assholes

"Anyone who has a brain will like us"

Makes them sound like assholes, whereas I'm sure they meant along the lines of

"We're the thinking mans band"
Back to top Go down
JadedGoober7
A Contender
A Contender
JadedGoober7

Kerrang! article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kerrang! article   Kerrang! article Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 7:05 pm

Thats exactly what Alex said, they were just havin food and an informal interview, and Kerrang made them out to be cocky. The two band members I spoke to ,Brian and Alex were two of the most down to earth friendly people you could meet. Played Blue Jeans and White T-shirts for us too 'cos thats what me and my friends all wore in tribute.
Back to top Go down
billy pilgrim
A Contender
A Contender
billy pilgrim

Kerrang! article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kerrang! article   Kerrang! article Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 10:59 pm

I had a feeling that the article was badly skewed to make them seem like jackasses. The only other Kerrang article I read did the same thing to another band. It's dumb.
Back to top Go down
Stewmelbill
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Kerrang! article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kerrang! article   Kerrang! article Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 9:07 pm

Major coverage of the boys in this week's issue of the magazine (the traditional Christmas double issue).

Main news is that 'The '59 Sound' has been voted the second best album of the year by the magazine's writers - that's covered on page 65. Metallica were first, incidentally.

Then, on 52 and 53, there 's a short interview with Brian and a big photo of him done up to look like Marley's Ghost (zombie eyes, pale skin, chains etc).

Lastly, there's a reader's letter about them on page 4, along with a photo from a recent signing session.

Don't yet know how to post scans, having just delurked and signed up to post this. But thought you might be interested!

Cheers

Bill
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

Kerrang! article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kerrang! article   Kerrang! article Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 9:12 pm

Cheers Bill! I'll pick that up tomorrow then!
Back to top Go down
efofex
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
efofex

Kerrang! article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kerrang! article   Kerrang! article Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 1:31 am

Since we're talking about magazine articles, there's a two page spread on them in the December 2008 issue of Q magazine.

I think it's a British magazine that you can probably find in the international section of bookstores (at least, that's where i saw it; the Westwood, CA Barnes and Noble, if that applies to any of you).

I was gonna buy it, but it was close to $10 and i was in a rush. I'll probably pick it up eventually, they looked quite snazzy in the picture, fyi. Though 10 dollars for two pages is ridic.

So if anyone sees the Q magazine with Chris Martin on the cover, then check it out. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

Kerrang! article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kerrang! article   Kerrang! article Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 9:36 am

I will get it and read it on the train home tomorrow then report back.
Back to top Go down
Stewmelbill
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Kerrang! article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kerrang! article   Kerrang! article Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 4:44 pm

There's a very positive review of the boys' recent London live show in the issue of 'Kerrang!' that came out today - 4 out of 5 marks. Lots of cool photos, mostly of Brian grinning!
Back to top Go down
Refused
A Contender
A Contender
Refused

Kerrang! article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kerrang! article   Kerrang! article Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 11:18 am

Stewmelbill wrote:
There's a very positive review of the boys' recent London live show in the issue of 'Kerrang!' that came out today - 4 out of 5 marks. Lots of cool photos, mostly of Brian grinning!

I couldn't bring myself to read that, missed the show because I was ill!

Gaslight Anthem are in the UK magazine Big Cheese this month, with Brian on the cover! Not a very flattering pic though.
Kerrang! article Issue-107
Back to top Go down
http://acriddissonance.wordpress.com
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

Kerrang! article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kerrang! article   Kerrang! article Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 12:01 pm

Its a pretty badly laid out cover to be honest ewww. But the content of big cheese is always good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kerrang! article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kerrang! article   Kerrang! article Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kerrang! article
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next