DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?

Go down 
+55
mwh
Clementine
GraveRobbers
brianisbae
plugga
amberfoyd
fullcollapse
Gaslight23
broden29
rikerd21
goldlion_
StreetsRunRed
Jack
Bigtittykitty
JerseyDevil
Holland
loazis
joe
Perry
djmayne2001
steph
number the fat cats know
WoodyJoe
stephendgaf
Turn the Casanova On
kieran
scarysmurf
mademoiselle_k
andy.mac
Vibes
lynchyeatspizza
kcdc
massie1903
Daire
Stevearm
Reinvent good times
Asleepontheforestfloor
LBAZ
Chris
ktp
liveit
Jukebox Romeo
brick
Stalls_Standing
Refused
steveguttenberg
ShieldYourEyes
CutTheRope
Scott
geezfools
isthisreal
JoshRaymond
e7c
Forum Owner
xstevenbx
59 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 4:39 pm

Reinvent good times wrote:
I'm going to get a gaslight lyric tattooed, not sure if I'll use e7c's idea and do "I love you more than the stars in the sky...." with my 2 daughters and wife's name around it with stars, etc...

or if I should do "I'll love you forever if I ever love at all" with their names.

Any thoughts from the forum?

I'd go for "...more than the stars in the sky" to be honest. "I'll love you forever if I ever love at all" kinda seems like you don't love them at the moment. Which clearly isn't true.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 10:23 pm

I still plan on getting the line from 1930 around my daughter's footprint, but like Daire says I am only using part of the line now "...more than the stars in the sky"
Back to top Go down
massie1903
A Contender
A Contender
massie1903

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 8:42 pm

I'm going to get a Gaslight Anthem tattoo, but not straight away. Need to put alot of thought into what I want to be a perfect tattoo.

Don't have any at all yet, but am getting an AC/DC lightning bolt on my arm for my first, then not sure what TGA one I should get. Like some of the ones on here, but would look for something original... Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
kcdc
A Contender
A Contender
kcdc

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 5:14 am

Do you know what would be really cool. If the Gaslight Anthem gave away free tickets to those people who had TGA tats. Alexisonfire does that and as far as I know they still do it.

http://www.theonlybandever.com/tattoopolicy/
Back to top Go down
http://www.deadformat.net/tradelist/kcdc
Reinvent good times
A Contender
A Contender
Reinvent good times

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 2:44 pm

I wanted to share--I got my Gaslight 1930 Lyric tattoo with daughter's names this past weekend. It turned out 100% better than I thought it would going into it. Props to Innervision BodyArt in Pittsburgh area for their artistic creativity. I'll probably get the stars colored in next month when I go back.

I can only hope that Brian reads this, and plays 1930 at the Pittsburgh show next Tuesday, that would be cool--because I will be there.

[url=http://www.mynetimages.com/album/Reinventgoodtimes/?img=df7e40366e]Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 3 Df7e40366e_th
[/url]
Back to top Go down
Reinvent good times
A Contender
A Contender
Reinvent good times

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 2:46 pm

I know this image is too big, but the one I posted previously was only a thumbnail and tough to see.

Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 3 Df7e40366e
Back to top Go down
liveit
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 7:32 pm

Reinvent good times wrote:
I wanted to share--I got my Gaslight 1930 Lyric tattoo with daughter's names this past weekend. It turned out 100% better than I thought it would going into it. Props to Innervision BodyArt in Pittsburgh area for their artistic creativity. I'll probably get the stars colored in next month when I go back.

I can only hope that Brian reads this, and plays 1930 at the Pittsburgh show next Tuesday, that would be cool--because I will be there.

[url=http://www.mynetimages.com/album/Reinventgoodtimes/?img=df7e40366e]Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 3 Df7e40366e_th
[/url]

send it to their myspace page and they'll see it/post it.
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 3:56 am

That's awesome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911
xstevenbx
Wooderson
Wooderson
xstevenbx

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 10:21 pm

One of my best friends just got this. I think it came out amazing!Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 3 DSC02003
"Everybody leaves, so why wouldn't you?"
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 10:32 pm

On my left ribs I'm gonna get:

Nanny (which is what I called my grandmother)
I love you more than the stars in the sky

She asked me to never forget her. She had dementia too. It's for her.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 7:38 am

Vibes wrote:
She asked me to never forget her. She had dementia too. It's for her.

My Nanna's got dementia too. Heartbreaking shit. It really is.
Back to top Go down
mademoiselle_k
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
mademoiselle_k

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 3:34 pm

got two gaslight related tats, on top of the other ones, eventually I'll have to realise I'm probably single-handedly feeding my tattooist. Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 3 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
http://semiautonomouscollective.wordpress.com
Reinvent good times
A Contender
A Contender
Reinvent good times

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 4:19 pm

Mademoiselle_k--Please share yours.
Back to top Go down
mademoiselle_k
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
mademoiselle_k

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 4:42 pm

yessir

that's the first one i got, a simple lettering but to me it means a lot.

Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 3 L_1f35096abdae440190af4cbc17543f4f

and the second one, on the other arm:

Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 3 L_723148546bbc47d3b7efdd005affd735

"sink or swim", as you probably guessed. brian congratulated me on the bird Smile
Back to top Go down
http://semiautonomouscollective.wordpress.com
Reinvent good times
A Contender
A Contender
Reinvent good times

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 10:23 am

Cool tattoos. Thanks for posting. Go back through this thread for the posting on August 31, and you'll see my TGA tattoo--lyrics from 1930.
Back to top Go down
scarysmurf
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 9:56 pm

For all of you that got 'I love you more than the stars in the sky,' you know Brian says 'but your name just escapes me tonight' right after that. Just a little food for thought for you people.

And I have the boat with the waves up to the dolphins on the back of the 7" Sink or Swim demos on my leg.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/scarysmurf
liveit
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 11:55 pm

I think it's okay to take lyrics, out of context, I did- not that line though- I just got a "cross, heart and anchor" half sleeve (faith, charity and hope) with "watch the sun embrace the sky"- in context that line means something a little different to the songwriter, than what it means to me......I think that's okay Smile www.communicationredlight.com the song Engage- sweet song.

Aside from that, she only forgets his name because she's sick, but still wants him to know that she loves him.
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:03 am

scarysmurf wrote:
For all of you that got 'I love you more than the stars in the sky,' you know Brian says 'but your name just escapes me tonight' right after that. Just a little food for thought for you people..

That's the point of getting the first part. The second part of that lyric is the more painful part. The first part, the part about love, is a universal thing, I feel.

My grandmother had dementia and towards the end of her life she started calling me by my father or my uncle's name (her sons) because she forgot who I was. Prior to that though she helped raise me. She was my babysitter for years and we were closer than she was to anyone else in my family.

I found a diary that she kept for me for 5 days when I was about 2 or 3. For the most part the entries are about our relationship but there's also a sad tone to them. Her relationship with the rest of my family wasn't the best for whatever reasons...She and I had something different, something fresh. There's a line where she says something along the lines of "Please don't ever forget me," like I actually could forget my grandmother.

So for me that line is kind of complex. It has the element of dementia to it but at the same time I did love her more than the stars in the sky and this is a way of honoring her wish of never forgetting her. My name did escape her and that was the painful part. Sadly I was a little too young and immature to realize exactly what she was going through so I goofed on her a lot. I was 11 or 12 and didn't really get that she was actually losing her mind and her ability to think. She was a brilliant woman.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:10 am

scarysmurf wrote:
For all of you that got 'I love you more than the stars in the sky,' you know Brian says 'but your name just escapes me tonight' right after that.

actually it is because of the that following lyric that I think the first part is so powerful... the woman has Alzheimer, her mind is gone, she can't even remember your name, but something deep in her has remained and she knows that even though she doesn't know you, she knows she loves you... that is love.
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:13 am

That's what I was trying to say. Well put Scott.
Back to top Go down
Reinvent good times
A Contender
A Contender
Reinvent good times

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 10:15 am

I agree with all the recent posters about taking the 1930 lyric out of context. I should agree with you, of course, b/c I did get the tat.

The line " I love you more than the stars in the sky" is standalone, it says exactly what it needs to say, referring to the people in my life. To me, 1930 symbolizes how important family is, and how strong a bond you can form with love. She's saying that nothing in the world is better than my love for you,a nd nothing will change that. Of course it's also from my favorite TGA song, and me and my daughters scream those lyrics every time it's played. Pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
xstevenbx
Wooderson
Wooderson
xstevenbx

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 7:12 pm

e7c wrote:
scarysmurf wrote:
For all of you that got 'I love you more than the stars in the sky,' you know Brian says 'but your name just escapes me tonight' right after that.

actually it is because of the that following lyric that I think the first part is so powerful... the woman has Alzheimer, her mind is gone, she can't even remember your name, but something deep in her has remained and she knows that even though she doesn't know you, she knows she loves you... that is love.
couldn't have put it any better
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 3:30 pm

Im thinking of getting a gaslight tat. I want two old school swallows on my back with a script between them with the line "no retreat, no regret". The tattoo symbolises to me a time in my life when I was 18 left college, went to work in London, made some important decisions about what im now doing, and then went travelling the other side of the world (swallows representing freedom, travel etc) and the lyrics are to remind me that while perhaps I jumped in the deep end that I dont regret a single thing it made me who I am and will just serve as a reminder of that period.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 4:21 pm

that soumds slick!
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 7:44 pm

Cheers it suddenly hit me as a solid idea for a tat and it would mean so much to me on a personal level. I know swallows are kinda more associated with navy tattoos but im thinking of getting a variation on the more 'old school' design. Now to save the pennies Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 3 Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next