DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?

Go down 
+55
mwh
Clementine
GraveRobbers
brianisbae
plugga
amberfoyd
fullcollapse
Gaslight23
broden29
rikerd21
goldlion_
StreetsRunRed
Jack
Bigtittykitty
JerseyDevil
Holland
loazis
joe
Perry
djmayne2001
steph
number the fat cats know
WoodyJoe
stephendgaf
Turn the Casanova On
kieran
scarysmurf
mademoiselle_k
andy.mac
Vibes
lynchyeatspizza
kcdc
massie1903
Daire
Stevearm
Reinvent good times
Asleepontheforestfloor
LBAZ
Chris
ktp
liveit
Jukebox Romeo
brick
Stalls_Standing
Refused
steveguttenberg
ShieldYourEyes
CutTheRope
Scott
geezfools
isthisreal
JoshRaymond
e7c
Forum Owner
xstevenbx
59 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
xstevenbx
Wooderson
Wooderson
xstevenbx

Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? Empty
PostSubject: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 3:52 am

I'm almost certain I'm getting one, I'm just not sure of what I want to get yet. I was thinking of "I never felt right and never fit in" from wherefore art thou. But I would also like some kind of visual to go along with it. If you already have a tat, please post a pic. If you have an idea please do share.
Back to top Go down
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 4:24 am

Sounds like a good idea - but I don't know of any good visuals from TGA - maybe a broken or warped ferris wheel? Just a thought!
Back to top Go down
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 8:22 am

I have my daughter's foot print tattoo'd on my forearm and circling it will be my daughters name two stars and then the phrase "More Than The Stars In The Sky"

but I have been lazy and not gone back to the studio
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 11:41 am

i would love my tga tat to be about Here's Looking at You, Kid , i seriously love that song
Back to top Go down
isthisreal
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 11:47 am

I'm definately gonna get some TGA lyrics tattoed on me. Only problem is, they have so many good lyrics it's hard to pick just one line.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 11:51 am

yeah i know dude, i kinda also want to incorpate 1930 "i love you More Than The Stars In The Sky, but your name just escapes me tonight" so good and sad
Back to top Go down
xstevenbx
Wooderson
Wooderson
xstevenbx

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 12:10 pm

Kropotkin wrote:
Sounds like a good idea - but I don't know of any good visuals from TGA - maybe a broken or warped ferris wheel? Just a thought!
that actually sounds way cool!
Back to top Go down
xstevenbx
Wooderson
Wooderson
xstevenbx

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 12:13 pm

isthisreal wrote:
I'm definately gonna get some TGA lyrics tattoed on me. Only problem is, they have so many good lyrics it's hard to pick just one line.
i agree 100%. There are so many good lyrics, it's so hard to pick just one. The other thing is that I would hate to end up with like counting crows lyrics on my body or something. Considering that they do borrow some of their lines, this is one of my concerns.
Back to top Go down
isthisreal
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 5:40 pm

You all probably already know this, but on the Gaslight Anthem Myspace, they have an album of different tattoos relating to the band. One is a really cool, 'It's alright man, I'm only bleeding man, Stay hungry, Stay free and do the best that you can' tattoo.
Back to top Go down
geezfools
A Contender
A Contender
geezfools

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 6:49 pm

I'd never get lyrics tattooed on me personally, just my thing, but I have thought about getting the cover of sink or swim as an upper arm sleeve piece. Not sure if I'll do it though, the band is still young and as much as I love them, I would be bummed if the band took a path I don't agree with(majors and such). So we'll see, I'm young, no hurry, I have the music for now Smile
Back to top Go down
http://18milesaminute.wordpress.com
Scott
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 1:00 am

Quote :
I have my daughter's foot print tattoo'd on my forearm and circling it will be my daughters name two stars and then the phrase "More Than The Stars In The Sky"

oh man e6 that is awesome...

props for the great idea.. seriously that is a great tat u will probably never regret..
good choice
Back to top Go down
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 2:25 am

e6c wrote:

\

That is cool. Very beautiful.
Back to top Go down
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com
CutTheRope
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
CutTheRope

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 8:22 pm

On the 18th of October im actually getting No Retreat No Regrets from Meet Me by The Rivers Edge along my collar bone. When its done i'll supply pictures!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thevastabyss
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 3:45 am

That sounds really cool... what font are you going to use? I know this sounds lame, but this is my favorite font and what I will be using for when I finish my tattoo

Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? Retrea10
Back to top Go down
ShieldYourEyes
A Contender
A Contender
ShieldYourEyes

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 5:29 pm

I plan to get a TGA tattoo pretty soon, actually.

I want to get a ship that has been broken in half and is taking on water in stormy water/seas with a scroll underneath/around it that says "Sink or Swim." Sort of a vague idea thus far, but I like what I see in my head, haha.
Back to top Go down
steveguttenberg
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 11:46 pm

shitty quality...taken from my phone. its hard to take a picture when the tat is on the back of your arm. the phonograph isnt mean to be associated with gaslight, but i figured the 2 would go together nicely.

Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? IMAGE_182
Back to top Go down
xstevenbx
Wooderson
Wooderson
xstevenbx

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 2:38 am

steveguttenberg wrote:
shitty quality...taken from my phone. its hard to take a picture when the tat is on the back of your arm. the phonograph isnt mean to be associated with gaslight, but i figured the 2 would go together nicely.

Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? IMAGE_182
absolutely beautiful!
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 7:28 am

nice... 1930 is my favorite song
Back to top Go down
xstevenbx
Wooderson
Wooderson
xstevenbx

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 7:14 pm

I wanna get one soooo bad!!
Back to top Go down
Refused
A Contender
A Contender
Refused

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 8:32 am

I've got one, it's up on the Gaslight Anthem myspace page. The cover of the first album.
I got it before they'd even announced they were heading over here for some shows, that first album means a lot to me.
The pic doesn't really do it justice, it looks much nicer in real life!
Back to top Go down
http://acriddissonance.wordpress.com
xstevenbx
Wooderson
Wooderson
xstevenbx

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 6:31 pm

Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? Photo268
Got my first gaslight tat last night! i'll probably get an actual one later on, but this will hold me off until then Smile
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 6:50 pm

You like your finger tattoos!
Back to top Go down
xstevenbx
Wooderson
Wooderson
xstevenbx

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 7:03 pm

Stalls_Standing wrote:
You like your finger tattoos!
well... it's pretty much the only place that I can do them where i'm not wasting space for a sweet tattoo. It's not like I'm gonna get something really nice done on the inside of my fingers, if I did it on my ankle or something i'd be wasting potential space. Hope you get what i mean, i know it's kinda dumb.
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 7:30 pm

I do get what you mean, sort of like you got that one to just pass the time?
Back to top Go down
xstevenbx
Wooderson
Wooderson
xstevenbx

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 9:10 pm

yeah, sort of like that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next