DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?

Go down 
+55
mwh
Clementine
GraveRobbers
brianisbae
plugga
amberfoyd
fullcollapse
Gaslight23
broden29
rikerd21
goldlion_
StreetsRunRed
Jack
Bigtittykitty
JerseyDevil
Holland
loazis
joe
Perry
djmayne2001
steph
number the fat cats know
WoodyJoe
stephendgaf
Turn the Casanova On
kieran
scarysmurf
mademoiselle_k
andy.mac
Vibes
lynchyeatspizza
kcdc
massie1903
Daire
Stevearm
Reinvent good times
Asleepontheforestfloor
LBAZ
Chris
ktp
liveit
Jukebox Romeo
brick
Stalls_Standing
Refused
steveguttenberg
ShieldYourEyes
CutTheRope
Scott
geezfools
isthisreal
JoshRaymond
e7c
Forum Owner
xstevenbx
59 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
xstevenbx
Wooderson
Wooderson
xstevenbx

Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 9:12 pm

also, both of them were self done, so i spent no money on them. when i have the money, and when i figure out exactly what i want, i'll get something better.
Back to top Go down
xstevenbx
Wooderson
Wooderson
xstevenbx

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 6:28 pm

THIS IS NOT MY TATTOO
Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 2 Gaslig10

It's actually my best friend's tattoo. I thought it came out really good. I hadn't really realized how beautiful this particular quote was until he told me about the tattoo.
Back to top Go down
brick
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
brick

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 9:38 am

im actually getting a 'sink or swim' (same style it appears on the album cover, though will more than likely be in black ink rather than red) tattoo on my back, right at the top towards my right shoulder, my first tattoo actually.
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:09 am

I'm not to keen on the lettering for that tatoo, some words start with capital letters and others don't.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 5:10 pm

i woulda just made the 5 and 9 on the clock blue instead of adding them in the middle. it's still pretty sweet though
Back to top Go down
xstevenbx
Wooderson
Wooderson
xstevenbx

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 5:23 pm

I would have definitely not added that 5 and 9 in the middle either. And I hadn't even noticed the fact that some of the letters were capitalized and some weren't, that's actually pretty funny.
Back to top Go down
Refused
A Contender
A Contender
Refused

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 4:58 pm

My favourite Gaslight Anthem lyric, awesome tattoo!
Back to top Go down
http://acriddissonance.wordpress.com
brick
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
brick

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 6:18 pm

got the sink or swim tattoo, not too big, really happy with how the font turned out and will post a picture up in the next few days.
Back to top Go down
liveit
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 2:17 pm

I'm not really a huge fan of posting stuff about myself personally- I don't know- I'm a pretty private person. But, I'm extremely proud of the tattoo that "my" tattoo artist has done for me. I pretty much sent him a list of things I wanted. Rivers Edge, "meet me by the rivers edge", blue jeans, white t-shirt, hi-top sneakers, little eden, 1930 etc etc......he took that all and created an amazing tattoo. I live in NH and had to go to MD to get it. Parry did my upper back too. He's an awesome kid, amazing artist. His style is different- more cartoony and I know it's not for everyone, but I really like it and it was fitting for the fairies on my upper back as they represent me as a child. Anyway- have a look at it, and please look at Parry's work. Pass along his info if you know anyone who might like to be tattooed by him. He's great. Of course he's a TGA fan now too.......I purchase all three albums for him and brought them down when I got the work done. This is about 4 1/4 hours of work. I'll go back on the 16th for color and shading. Look at the detail- the nails in the dock- the "river's edge" quote on a treasure map sort of thing. Wicked awesome.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=45726729&albumID=676189&imageID=55078357
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 6:30 pm

that's muckin fagic! so so cool! cant wait to see it in colour, make sure you post that as well! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com
Chris
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 6:32 pm

yeah,it's really awesome!what I like most is,that it combines so many different songs,but it still matches as a whole thing.
that's really great,man!
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 4:33 pm

I went out last night to finish my tattoo, I was adding my daughter's name and the line "More than the stars in the sky" to the tattoo of her foot print on my forearm... but an hour into working with the guy it was obvious that he was not going to be able to do it the way I wanted it... so I walked away.
Back to top Go down
liveit
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 3:04 am

Took another road trip down to MD this past weekend and got a little color. We did about 6 hours, it was a good sitting. Hoping to get it done in one more sitting. It's a bit dark and bloody, as the picture was taken right after he finished. It will lighten a bit and he still needs to add some flesh tones to his skin. Anyway, just thought I'd share.

Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 2 M
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 2:00 pm

Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 2 Tatt10

my bloke's just started in his Gaslight tat. this is it so far. he's gonna go back and get 'the 59 sound' written and a background done. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com
liveit
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 12:04 pm

It's done, sort of sad. 17 hours of work, 3 sittings. Came out better than I imagined it would.

Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 2 Lf1ef1acd16e8408ebdad3e
Back to top Go down
LBAZ
A Contender
A Contender
LBAZ

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 12:24 pm

That is truly amazing!
I think I stand alone in my family with liking tattoos. I see it as if it means something to you then that is fine.
What I don't get though is all these really young people who rush to get all their tattoos done before their 21st birthday and have them all over their hands and necks.
I think a tattoo needs to be though about. It is with you until you die.
All that said I wouldn't rule out getting one in the distant future. If I do, I'll just make sure it isn't the name of a boyfriend or something silly like that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nomies_alien_lover
liveit
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 1:40 pm

It's true. Even the kid that did my tattoos, he's 25 and has a bunch that he said has some that he probably wouldn't get if he could do it over. They're all really good, just random and whatever. I totally agree, I'm glad I waited to get mine, for sure. I think I was 31 when I got my first one. I'm happy with all of them. I can't say my parents are super happy about them- they tell me to stop getting them but yet my mother does a photo shoot so she can show her friends. If anything, you have to appreciate the art of it, whether you like it on skin or not. After I got my first one, my sister went out and got her first one too- she's 7 years older than me. She had a dragon fly done, a pretty big one- cool thing is- it was one that her daughter drew for her. It came out awesome.
Back to top Go down
geezfools
A Contender
A Contender
geezfools

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 2:25 pm

I might have been down for a gaslight tattoo a year or so ago. Today, doesn't even cross my mind. Glad I never jumped the gun Smile
Back to top Go down
http://18milesaminute.wordpress.com
liveit
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 2:47 pm

That's why I think it's true- think about what you want- wait a few months and if you still want it- then get it. This tattoo I've been waiting for since August. What I love about it is even if you're not familiar with TGA- it's still a great picture, it's a scene. Like LBAZ said, tattoos are with you for life, really important you get something you'll appreciate for that long. Kudos for waiting rather than regretting.
Back to top Go down
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 4:01 pm

I found this tat on the gaslight myspace. It is fucking rad!!! I would totally get this! Can't wait to see it when it's filled in.

Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 2 L_f1a94437de3f4060a3fbebc605082ab1</a>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 4:39 pm

Asleepontheforestfloor wrote:
I found this tat on the gaslight myspace. It is fucking rad!!! I would totally get this! Can't wait to see it when it's filled in.

Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 2 L_f1a94437de3f4060a3fbebc605082ab1</A>

Now that is devotion.
Back to top Go down
Reinvent good times
A Contender
A Contender
Reinvent good times

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 11:44 am

I'm going to get a gaslight lyric tattooed, not sure if I'll use e7c's idea and do "I love you more than the stars in the sky...." with my 2 daughters and wife's name around it with stars, etc...

or if I should do "I'll love you forever if I ever love at all" with their names.

Any thoughts from the forum?
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 11:49 am

I seen "I love you more than the stars in the sky.." as a kind of tragic lyric because of what follows it, I'd go for the 2nd one. But don't get me wrong, I think Scott (e7c) has one of the best and meaningful tattoos i've seen
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 12:55 pm

Has e7c got the lyric now then? I know he'd mentioned it somewhere.

I agree with Stalls, I think I'll Love You Forever If I Ever Love At All may suit your purpose slightly better, but it's your call remember.
Back to top Go down
Stevearm
Wooderson
Wooderson
Stevearm

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 4:12 pm

xstevenbx wrote:
THIS IS NOT MY TATTOO
Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 2 Gaslig10

It's actually my best friend's tattoo. I thought it came out really good. I hadn't really realized how beautiful this particular quote was until he told me about the tattoo.

wow that was amazing, i scrolled down and started to read the tattoo, at the same time listening to Boomboxes, wanna take a guess at what happened? lol, as soon as i started to read it i hear on my speakers, "And if you're scared of the future tonight, we'll just take it each hour one at a time"

I love that tattoo, if i had money and was old enough I would get those lyrics tattooed
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stevearm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?   Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anybody have or is planning on getting a gaslight tat?
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next