DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bring It On - official video

Go down 
+25
NeverTrustAJunkie
kuruptlon
StopAndSlideToTheRight
ktp
plugga
ozfacter
nebraska
Daire
AngryJohnnyN1930
steady now steady now
Ryan
IKeeptheDiner
RobertODonnell
steph
loazis
azlisa
Holland
Tiffany
KittyKat
CASANOVA, BILLY!
Down by the Mersey
brianisbae
Gaslight23
Shrewsbury_Stars
enola
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
kevin_slack
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Bring It On - official video - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bring It On - official video   Bring It On - official video - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 11:12 pm

loazis wrote:
I just want to know what is up with the floating plates... ;)

Whatcha mean? They were arguing and he was knocking plates over. Some smashed pieces are paused in the air
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: Bring It On - official video   Bring It On - official video - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 11:49 am

I am not into video/cameras/editing at all, so I was kinda jokingly wondering how that shot with the falling pieces in mid-air was made ^^
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: Bring It On - official video   Bring It On - official video - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 1:02 pm

Hi Kevin, thanks for posting on here, I have to say I'm a big fan of all Gaslight videos, particularly Old White Lincoln, it reminds me a bit of the video for 'So Sad To Say' by the Bosstones.

kevin_slack wrote:

. One thing that I wish bands would do more is take bigger risks. The formula of story mixed with performance is getting pretty stale and formulaic. Unfortunately bands and record labels are a bit hesitant to do so because they are worried about their image or how it will come across so they stick with doing something safe for the most part. Hopefully that changes Smile

What would you like to do if you were given 'carte blanche' on a music video project for a band/artist?
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Bring It On - official video   Bring It On - official video - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 3:54 pm

Daire wrote:
What would you like to do if you were given 'carte blanche' on a music video project for a band/artist?

That's an interesting question! I wanna know as well ;o) Plus: Are there any videos and/or movies that you wished you had directed?
Oh, and thanks for the detailled reply on my questions. Much appreciated!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
kevin_slack
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Bring It On - official video   Bring It On - official video - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 5:59 pm

loazis wrote:
I am not into video/cameras/editing at all, so I was kinda jokingly wondering how that shot with the falling pieces in mid-air was made ^^

Oh sorry I misunderstood. There are actual plates hanging from strings on set. Then we go in and "paint" out all the strings. Then we also had some CG pieces of broken plates added in.
Back to top Go down
kevin_slack
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Bring It On - official video   Bring It On - official video - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 6:03 pm

Daire wrote:
Hi Kevin, thanks for posting on here, I have to say I'm a big fan of all Gaslight videos, particularly Old White Lincoln, it reminds me a bit of the video for 'So Sad To Say' by the Bosstones.]

Old White Lincoln was a crazy process. The band called me on a Thursday evening and said they need a music video for the old white lincoln UK release and they needed it by Sunday night. There were $0 involved and they had some footage from two shows I could use. yikes. So my friend Joe Maziarski and I came up with that idea and lived in an edit room for 2 days and came out with that. I'm pretty happy with how it came out considering what we had to work with and time limits. Of course audiences don't care about the process so nobody knows that's how it was made.

If I had the opportunity to do literally whatever I wanted for a video I really don't know what I'd do. I've never had that luxury before so it's hard to imagine. Maybe have the band play the song while jumping out of a burning plane? haha i have no idea
Back to top Go down
kevin_slack
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Bring It On - official video   Bring It On - official video - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 6:07 pm

enola wrote:
Are there any videos and/or movies that you wished you had directed?

No two directors would ever make the same movie so it's tough to say. Because if I got a script I would do it completely different I'm sure. But as far as maybe recent films, I wish I would have done Blue Valentine. I thought it was an amazing film, really heartbreaking and honest. Very unhollywood. Also maybe The Wrestler. I like really small stories about 1 or two people. I just directed a short film about an elderly umbrella salesman in brooklyn. So I love inspecting lives and flaws of 1 character. That's not to say I don't like Jurassic Park or the Back to the Future trilogy. Actually yeah if I could have directed something it would have been Back to the Future 2. LOVE that movie :)
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

PostSubject: Re: Bring It On - official video   Bring It On - official video - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 6:24 pm

Hey Kevin.

Great you spend some of your time here to answer our questions. In my opinion the video for Bring it on is TGAs best one so far (maybe I think that way because i´m a big loved ones and also dave hause fan). I really love how you adapted the lyrics in an amzing video with a lot of breath taking effects.

My question would be: When did you get the idea to get dave playing in the video and why exactly did you choose him? Did the guys plan that or was it you wanting to get dave in the video?
Back to top Go down
kevin_slack
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Bring It On - official video   Bring It On - official video - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 12:57 am

thomas94 wrote:
My question would be: When did you get the idea to get dave playing in the video and why exactly did you choose him? Did the guys plan that or was it you wanting to get dave in the video?

So glad you liked the video. It's my favorite one to :)

Brian and Dave are good friends. So it was as simple as Brian saying "Dave is playing our lead". I'm a big Loved Ones fan so I didnt argue it at all. On set though I realized they were the exact same height and had very similiar vibes about them. Brian said it was all on purpose that he picked him but who knows ;)

We were also supposed to have one of the Bouncing Souls play the other guy but it fell through at the last minute.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Bring It On - official video   Bring It On - official video - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 3:09 am

kevin_slack wrote:
No two directors would ever make the same movie so it's tough to say. Because if I got a script I would do it completely different I'm sure. But as far as maybe recent films, I wish I would have done Blue Valentine. I thought it was an amazing film, really heartbreaking and honest. Very unhollywood. Also maybe The Wrestler. I like really small stories about 1 or two people. I just directed a short film about an elderly umbrella salesman in brooklyn. So I love inspecting lives and flaws of 1 character. That's not to say I don't like Jurassic Park or the Back to the Future trilogy. Actually yeah if I could have directed something it would have been Back to the Future 2. LOVE that movie Smile

Thanks for being here. Hope everything turns out well for you in the future!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

PostSubject: Re: Bring It On - official video   Bring It On - official video - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 7:46 am

@kevin: thank you for the answer. i´m a little interested in camera techniques...could you tell me how the effect is called at 49seconds and at 2minutes and approximately 34 seconds is called? I hope it hasn´t been already mentioned before and i´m asking you a second time.
Back to top Go down
kevin_slack
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Bring It On - official video   Bring It On - official video - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 6:17 pm

thomas94 wrote:
@kevin: thank you for the answer. i´m a little interested in camera techniques...could you tell me how the effect is called at 49seconds and at 2minutes and approximately 34 seconds is called? I hope it hasn´t been already mentioned before and i´m asking you a second time.

Yeah I answered this a few questions back
Back to top Go down
kevin_slack
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Bring It On - official video   Bring It On - official video - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 6:19 pm

Thanks for being so interested in the video. I'm not really going to be checking this that much anymore so if you have any questions about anything the best way to ask me is on Twitter.

you can reach me at @kevin_slack

thanks!
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: Bring It On - official video   Bring It On - official video - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 6:35 pm

kevin_slack wrote:
loazis wrote:

Oh sorry I misunderstood. There are actual plates hanging from strings on set. Then we go in and "paint" out all the strings. Then we also had some CG pieces of broken plates added in.
Haha, awesome Very Happy At first I was like 'they probably just used strings' but then I figured 'naaaaahhh of course not, it's probably some flashy editing technique'. Cool stuff.

Seriously awesome you're answering all these question by the way, thanks again Wink
Back to top Go down
kevin_slack
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Bring It On - official video   Bring It On - official video - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 12:07 pm

word on the street is the video has been playing on tv in some places. I actually don't have cable so I never see these things and the label doesn't really know when videos play either. If anyone sees the video I'd love to know what channel and where you saw it. So far I've been told it's been on MTV2 in the UK and MTVU in the states. thanks!
K
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bring It On - official video   Bring It On - official video - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bring It On - official video
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3