DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your music! (any and all types are welcome)

Go down 
+40
Hombie
brianpd
Chris Riot
loazis
Romain
NotLikeWeBleed
xxxje
Debonair
pepperedham
Yozzy
The Angry Johnny Revue
kappanera
33RPMHero
Hanswurst
Folke
NoSurrender
BossTime
bringiton_ty
Anya_TGA
ThereIsAThunder
zerb012345
TheMagnificentDreamer
elliott4296
The Last Jukebox Romeo
TGAFAN25
JimmyB
maxhoar
DeathoftheCool
Jack
HolyBreakOfDay
Holland
Harbortown
enola
Zach_Edelman
Jerseyrain
scarsrsouvenirs
simo
GraveRobbers
IKeeptheDiner
AngryJohnnyN1930
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson
HolyBreakOfDay

Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 5:45 am

Hey I love it! So much great artist on this forum!

I'll buy the two songs today Smile
Back to top Go down
http://rockthiswayforum.forumsactifs.com/forum
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 11:02 am

Jack I've listened to a lot of your things over the years that you've posted here but I think Blue Light Diner is my favorite song yet. Awesome job.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 4:08 pm

Thanks guys! Yeah, that song is one of those that just spilled out onto the page pretty much exactly the way you hear it now. I'm happy with the way it turned out, seeing as the words are really important to me.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 8:59 pm

HolyBreakOfDay wrote:

Oh wow, you really did pay. Thank you! I'm glad you liked the songs. I'm working on a full-length, so I'll keep you guys updated.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 9:17 pm

I'm working on some new ones myself.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 12:29 am

JimmyB wrote:

you've been talkign about originals for MONTHS now, shit or get off the pot man!!! I wanna hear this stuff!!!
Back to top Go down
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson
HolyBreakOfDay

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 2:00 pm

Jack wrote:
HolyBreakOfDay wrote:

Oh wow, you really did pay. Thank you! I'm glad you liked the songs. I'm working on a full-length, so I'll keep you guys updated.

Yeah I really liked the songs! I've been listening to them many times today Smile Would be great to hear a full lenght yes Smile
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 7:31 pm

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

you've been talkign about originals for MONTHS now, shit or get off the pot man!!! I wanna hear this stuff!!!
I've got acoustic ones that will be recorded tomorrow or Wednesday, and the full band versions will be awhile....probably like the middle of May.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 11:19 pm

Here is one of my originals
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=646781825347578
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 3:24 am

Is that harmonica even in the right key?
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 9:08 am

Key of G Harmonica. I may upload another original soon.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 9:57 am

But the song is in A, you can't play a G harmonica to a song in A.

You gotta learn stuff like this before you write songs, man.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 12:16 pm

Yeah, you can either play an A harmonica or a D if you wanted a bluesier feel, but you really can't just randomly mix and match. Doesn't work.

Harbortown, I'm curious to hear what you think of the songs I posted. Not to be needy or anything haha. I just like your stuff so I'd be interested to hear your opinion.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 4:47 pm

Jack wrote:
Yeah, you can either play an A harmonica or a D if you wanted a bluesier feel, but you really can't just randomly mix and match. Doesn't work.

Harbortown, I'm curious to hear what you think of the songs I posted. Not to be needy or anything haha. I just like your stuff so I'd be interested to hear your opinion.
Oh shit, I must have missed them!

Get an avatar (profile picture) and my simpleton brain won't accidentally miss your posts. I'll listen to them after I've worked on some stuff of my own!
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 6:14 pm

Harbortown wrote:
Jack wrote:

Oh shit, I must have missed them!

Get an avatar (profile picture) and my simpleton brain won't accidentally miss your posts. I'll listen to them after I've worked on some stuff of my own!

There ya go. Double reminder haha. Looking forward to hearing your new stuff. Always a treat.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 7:37 pm

I just listened to your songs. I think it's really good and you've got great potential to do something amazing, it reminds me a lot of This Charming Man (Brian Fallon's pre-Gaslight project if you by some chance didn't already know this) and you just need a small dash of misery to get it to the next level.

I'm humbled you like my stuff, here's a sample of something I scrambled together in a few minutes as an idea of a song I'm working on:
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0sFlMECaQp3
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 9:55 pm

Harbortown wrote:
I just listened to your songs. I think it's really good and you've got great potential to do something amazing, it reminds me a lot of This Charming Man (Brian Fallon's pre-Gaslight project if you by some chance didn't already know this) and you just need a small dash of misery to get it to the next level.

I'm humbled you like my stuff, here's a sample of something I scrambled together in a few minutes as an idea of a song I'm working on:
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0sFlMECaQp3

I love This Charming Man haha. I spent most of last year in a depressed hole, writing songs that were more in line with The Horrible Crowes. I'm pretty happy and optimistic now, so the lyrics are naturally shifting to a more hopeful place. Thanks for listening and giving honest feedback. Always much appreciated. I'm working on a full-length (at a much less frenetic pace than I'm accustomed to) which is slower and less punk and more...I guess you'd say heartland rock? I really, really like the way it's coming out.

I love that clip. In general your stuff reminds me of a lot of the new folk stuff (almost all of which I love). The obvious ones are Mumford & Sons, The Lumineers, Of Monsters And Men, etc. but stuff like The Lone Bellow has caught my ear as well. By the way, is that you playing the banjo?
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 10:05 pm

Am I the only one struggling to write a happy song? yet I classify myself as heartland rock as well. Besides the Harmonica, anyone else have any suggestions for my work? Harbor, your clip sounds awesome, it does remind me of mumford the most. It also sounds like it would fit with an old western show.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 11:21 pm

JimmyB wrote:
Am I the only one struggling to write a happy song? yet I classify myself as heartland rock as well. Besides the Harmonica, anyone else have any suggestions for my work? Harbor, your clip sounds awesome, it does remind me of mumford the most. It also sounds like it would fit with an old western show.

I'd say just write from the heart, whatever you're feeling in the moment. Like I said, I've written my fair share of sad songs and quite a few completely fucking bleak songs. But at the moment I'm fairly happy. Hence the happy songs.

As for your stuff, get some better recording equipment. I feel like it's impossible to even judge that song because I can't hear what the hell's going on half the time.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 1:34 am

JimmyB wrote:

I totally feel you on this Jimmy. I've written 7 good songs so far in my life, and about 6 of the 7 are sad/dark/not happy. It's a struggle. I think trying to mix in the beauty with the darkness is something which makes less happy songs more enjoyable. just my two cents. someday i will write happy songs!
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 11:26 am

I am so happy with this album I just released. It's called Wild Scarlet, it's all about one time in my life, and I really believe in these eight songs. I was going for something and I think I got it. I'd love to hear any and all feedback on it.

http://www.jacklindenmusic.bandcamp.com
Back to top Go down
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson
HolyBreakOfDay

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 1:08 pm

Seems like I've something to buy here Very Happy I just began to listen and I like it. You have a band or you play everything alone?

Edit: I listened a bit of every song and I need it Smile It gives me the same kind of feeling than TGA
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 1:16 pm

I just play everything myself. I have a makeshift studio where I record everything. Glad you enjoy it so far!
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 4:44 pm

Yeah, there's definitely a lot of Gaslight influence all over this one. Stella & Sky-High Romeo in particular could've been an outtake from The '59 Sound.
Back to top Go down
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson
HolyBreakOfDay

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 5:27 am

I've been listening to your album a lot this week! Stella & Sky-High Romeo is the best for me!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your music! (any and all types are welcome)   Your music! (any and all types are welcome) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your music! (any and all types are welcome)
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next