DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Simo's music

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

Simo's music Empty
PostSubject: Simo's music   Simo's music Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 11:33 pm

Last edited by simo on Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

Simo's music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Simo's music   Simo's music Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 11:16 pm

Last edited by simo on Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

Simo's music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Simo's music   Simo's music Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 7:12 am

Not bad.

After one listen to every 'track' in the list I can say I like the guitarwork, albeit a bit sloppy at some points. I like the little hammer-on/pull-off parts.

Can't really say much about the lyrics, I always have trouble actually hearing what's being said/sung the first listen, seems like I'm more focused on the instruments.

Vocally, it's not that strong, nor terrible. It seems to me that you're a bit off at some points, especially on the end of sentences/lines. It sounds like you drop a bit at those points. There are also moments in which it looks like you have too many words/syllables to actually fit in with the music =P

I'm not experienced with writing music or anything, I have made attempts but never got further than a bunch of chords and a chorus here and there, so I'm just saying what came up at first listen. It's better than anything I've ever managed to write down I'd say! Keep it up =)

Out of interest, what did you use to record (and edit for that matter)?
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

Simo's music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Simo's music   Simo's music Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 10:42 pm

Thanks, I appreciate you listening to me.

I used Garageband and a Blue Snowball mic for recording. I didn't do any editing on the tracks with vocals, but obviously some of the other ones I did since they have multiple instruments on it and all that.

I agree with you on the end of lines. I always notice it when I play back recordings, but it doesn't feel like I drop off when I'm actually singing it. It's just something I have to work on.
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

Simo's music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Simo's music   Simo's music Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 9:37 am

=)

Keep us up to date!
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

Simo's music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Simo's music   Simo's music Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 2:22 am

I put up another song that I haven't quite figured out how to sing yet...some of the delivery isn't right, but I'm pretty happy with the guitar on it. It's a nice song to play outside on a beautiful day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Simo's music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Simo's music   Simo's music Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Simo's music
Page 1 of 1