DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How much music do you have?

Go down 
+7
andy.mac
Forum Owner
e7c
Stevearm
tigrr13
simo
lynchyeatspizza
11 posters
AuthorMessage
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

How much music do you have? Empty
PostSubject: How much music do you have?   How much music do you have? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 5:51 am

Just wondering how my collection compares to other people.<br><br>I have 12,596 songs, going for a total of 30 days, 20 hours, 26 minutes and 38 seconds, taking up 59.91 GB of memory.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: How much music do you have?   How much music do you have? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 12:16 pm

3724 songs, 10 days, 22.68 GB

I just downloaded like 1500 episodes of the KEXP Song of the Day podcast though, hoping to find some good new artists. So when I'm bored I just shuffle those.
Back to top Go down
tigrr13
A Contender
A Contender
tigrr13

PostSubject: Re: How much music do you have?   How much music do you have? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 4:01 pm

10083 items, 31.6 days, 143.14 gig - my itunes is a total mess
i got lazy and still haven't finished converting all of my cds
also need to finish transfering bootlegs from cassette tapes... it's just so much work for (mostly) lousy quality
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much music do you have?   How much music do you have? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 4:28 pm

Wow some of those figures are insane! I've got 3767, 16.1GB. Did have about 4400 I think but in the summer I got rid of a load of stuff I didn't own from iTunes, which incidentally is in perfect 'condition'!
Back to top Go down
Stevearm
Wooderson
Wooderson
Stevearm

PostSubject: Re: How much music do you have?   How much music do you have? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 7:08 pm

holy crap, I thought I had a lot of music, I guess I'm just more picky about what I listen to lol
I used to have 4000 or so songs, but just recently my iTunes deleted all of my muisc, so now all I have is 2000 songs on my ipod
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stevearm
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: How much music do you have?   How much music do you have? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 9:42 pm

10,711 songs
25.2 days
40.02 gigs

however I would guess that I only actively listen to 1000 songs (TGA, Rancid, Against Me!, Cobra Skulls and just a few others)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much music do you have?   How much music do you have? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 5:03 pm

I would say the same as you e7c, I do't listen to all of mine. I would say I have a big core of about 750 or so songs, maybe 1000.
Back to top Go down
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: How much music do you have?   How much music do you have? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 1:09 am

Same as e7c - I have WAY more music than I listen to, and more than I can fit on my 80 geg iPod - but I don't listen to it all all the time, I have moments when I listen to one thing or another.
Back to top Go down
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: How much music do you have?   How much music do you have? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 4:45 am

Yeah I agree. I definitely don't listen to it all, but I can't survive with a 8gig ipod. I get in a mood for some band or album, but its often not on my ipod :S. I think i'll get a new 120gb one Wink
Back to top Go down
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

PostSubject: Re: How much music do you have?   How much music do you have? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 9:53 am

According to my iTunes I've got 611 Albums which is 113.7 Days & 29.98 GB.

I've also got 7 shoe boxes full of CDs that haven't been transferred to the computer and about 20 record on vinyl.

I'd probably be rich if it weren't for music.
Back to top Go down
vamike
Wooderson
Wooderson
vamike

PostSubject: Re: How much music do you have?   How much music do you have? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 10:40 am

I've got like 3700$ in form of cd's vinyl and dvd's lounging around
Back to top Go down
moosicmaniac
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: How much music do you have?   How much music do you have? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 12:35 pm

my iTunes stats:
22,380 songs
84.8 days
114.02 GB (most is ripped at 128kbps)
Back to top Go down
tigrr13
A Contender
A Contender
tigrr13

PostSubject: Re: How much music do you have?   How much music do you have? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 3:01 pm

andy.mac wrote:
I'd probably be rich if it weren't for music.

so true!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much music do you have?   How much music do you have? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 5:32 pm

I also find I go through 'phases' of listening to bands, but have a small core of bands that I always return to.
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: How much music do you have?   How much music do you have? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 3:08 am

moosicmaniac wrote:
my iTunes stats:
22,380 songs
84.8 days

WOW!
Back to top Go down
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: How much music do you have?   How much music do you have? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 4:54 am

lynchyeatspizza wrote:
I think i'll get a new 120gb one How much music do you have? Icon_wink

Me too, sounds too tempting! And my 80 one is almost full!
Back to top Go down
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com
PFREEZY
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: How much music do you have?   How much music do you have? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 2:22 pm

moosicmaniac wrote:
my iTunes stats:
22,380 songs
84.8 days

I probably got around there on my old computer. I get most my music from public libraries and friends.
Back to top Go down
http://freezy.tumblr.com
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: How much music do you have?   How much music do you have? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 6:05 pm

wow. i dont use itunes, so i have no clue how much music i have. i'd have to agree with andy's statement- i'd be rich if it weren't for music. but i'd rather have the music. the amount of money i've spent on cd's, vinyl, and trips on planes, trains, and automobiles to go see shows...i can't even imagine how much it would be. especially this year, all the trips to see gaslight, and all the news bands i've gotten into and just had to buy their records.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much music do you have?   How much music do you have? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How much music do you have?
Page 1 of 1