DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread

Go down 
+93
Rizz
gaslightyay
crutchfield
prettyontheinsidex
Klown
rsj
mirrorenigma
njguy99
bt211
TGAforLIFE
kupe
AngryJohnnyN1930
19thirty
jzancan
Arctander
NeverTrustAJunkie
Vibes
rgillies
TGAFAN25
ral
Tom1911
jeffrey2
AmSlang59
marleyschains
Steve70s
BuddyHolly
nico0493
ThisMachineKillsFascists
eagles1139
Shrewsbury_Stars
HorribleCrowe
thebar1963
Jay
Camus
Don Carlo
gaslightfan89
riversedge
Debonair
SouthJerseyTGA
plugga
J_Bizness
gaslightom
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Paula
TheEmptyBones
Matilda Noir
Jerseyrain
coolia
JimmyB
J.B.R.
nebraska
I am Incinerator
chickenman
DeathoftheCool
Phil Rockabill
Harbortown
brucesboots
carryon820
enola
verbos
Labhras
CluckyB
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
The Angry Johnny Revue
loazis
steph
Gaslight23
Reinvent good times
40 Miler
joshyboytyler
theBasemen
borrowedcar
fullcollapse
RobertODonnell
Holland
WILDCARD180
MyFirstSin
PFREEZY
The Boxer
simo
thecosmickid
vamike
LuceroDiehard
mingus
JoshRaymond
Kosburn59
azlisa
JJW319
Bea
IFeelBlue
Ghost
Christophe
steady now steady now
97 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 12:17 pm

thecosmickid wrote:
Bea wrote:
it would be weird if we got a full new record in 2011...

Maybe, but I wouldn't mind.
me neither! i'm just saying, something along the lines of an EP is way more possible than an album
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 12:48 pm

...so does this mean the touring for American Slang is over?

(sickness caused me to miss them on the US second leg, was hoping to catch them again next year)...
Back to top Go down
vamike
Wooderson
Wooderson
vamike

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 1:13 pm

I don't think so
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Gaslight Anthem's Next Album: Less Bruce, More Dire Straits    Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 9:22 pm

http://ology.com/music/gaslight-anthems-next-album-less-bruce-more-dire-straits
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 9:41 pm

I don't put too much stock into what Brian says about how new music is going to sound. Remember when he said American Slang was going to be a lot more British influence - like the Kinks and the Who? I don't really hear that. I just figure I'll like whatever they put out.
Back to top Go down
The Boxer
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 10:51 am

Isn't Brian helping Ian Perkins in 2011 on an album?
Back to top Go down
PFREEZY
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 4:02 pm

New TGA is always a good thing
Back to top Go down
http://freezy.tumblr.com
MyFirstSin
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MyFirstSin

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 1:50 am

The Boxer wrote:
Isn't Brian helping Ian Perkins in 2011 on an album?
Him and Ian have a project, Brian told me he was planning to start recording for that in fall 2011.
Back to top Go down
WILDCARD180
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
WILDCARD180

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 6:08 pm

A lot of tentative exciting stuff was mentioned in Brian's blog
http://cassettesinthemailbox.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 7:40 pm

So possibly something new in 2011. Maybe some solo stuff? Maybe new Gaslight in late 2011, but that might be pushing it.
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 9:07 pm

Im thinking , with the amount of stuff they have on the go an EP is more likely. But thats my lazy attitude, they do work hard.
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 9:25 pm

That is actually a smart idea. Brian's "night songs" could be worked into this one-time-only Night EP. I think it could stand out just like Senor does.
Back to top Go down
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 10:56 am

I still have no idea what "night time music" means. All I can think of is Van Morrison "Moondance" type stuff.
Back to top Go down
MyFirstSin
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MyFirstSin

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 4:25 am

blugel wrote:
...so does this mean the touring for American Slang is over?

(sickness caused me to miss them on the US second leg, was hoping to catch them again next year)...

The touring that is specifically for American Slang is over, but they're still going to be playing general shows, special events, and festivals in 2011. Though (I'm not sure where you live) he said they're focusing on the states.

Also, to those wondering what "night time music" is, Brian quotes Dylan Thomas' description on his blog: "If you heard those old birds in the night, you'd wake me up and say there were horses in the trees." I have no clue what that means, but from what he told me in October, it seems to be a focus on a less aggressive sound. (Live on "Goodnight Irene," the first of the night time songs to make the setlist, it's him on lead-ish guitar and lead vocals, chuck on acoustic and backup, a musician I"m not familiar with on violin, and Benny playing some pretty chill drum parts.)

Finally, in regard to what we should expect, we've got Brian's "night time music," brian's project with Ian, Alex R's new band "Something About Death Or Dying," a possible (and I mean POSSIBLE, it's just an idea so far) DVD, and the more personal insights we get from Brian and Benny via their blogs. (I personally found Brian's top ten list of bands and excellent guide to expanding oneself musically.)

Btw, most of this information is available on Brian's blog, plus a lot of other brilliant stuff he says because, well, he's brian freaking fallon, and if you're on this site you probably agree. You will probably be a better person for having read this. http://cassettesinthemailbox.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 3:25 pm

Great point on the 10 bands. Really a great read and insight to some awesome tunes

What is this project with "Ian"? I thought there was a possibility of Brian and Chuck doing an EP or something. "Goodnight Irene" was one of the songs

A "less aggressive" record would be just about perfect right now. They've done the punk-rock, the soul-rock, and the rock-rock. Time for some...chill-rock?
Back to top Go down
MyFirstSin
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MyFirstSin

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 9:00 pm

JJW319 wrote:
Great point on the 10 bands. Really a great read and insight to some awesome tunes

What is this project with "Ian"? I thought there was a possibility of Brian and Chuck doing an EP or something. "Goodnight Irene" was one of the songs

A "less aggressive" record would be just about perfect right now. They've done the punk-rock, the soul-rock, and the rock-rock. Time for some...chill-rock?

Well, brian said for the next TGA record (and I know this is subject to change) they're digging Dire Straits, so that's definitely [retty chill. But Ian is their guitar tech, if you see videos where Brian isn't playing guitar, only singing, and some random dude in the background is playing, that's Ian. He's supposedly just as cool as everyone else in this freaking amazing band. Anteyways, Brian's been telling people at shows that they've got a project going on, and i've got high hopes. He told me a bit about the song they're looking for, but it totally slipped my mind because i kept mixing it up with the "night time music," so i have no clue what to expect.

SOmeone mentioned that Brian said AmSlang was gonna be like brit-rock, and that didn't show through in the album, and I think that's because Brian writes the songs in a slower acoustic form and the band writes the album versions together. So, as much as I love the TGA lineup with all my heart, I think seeing how his writing shows with different musicians playing will be really interesting.
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 9:11 pm

Wow that's pretty awesome. Now that you mention, yeah I know who Ian is.

Here's the possibilities for 2011:

1.) Brian solo

2.) Brian/Chuck Ragan project

3.) Brian/Ian project

4.) "night time music"
-----solo?
-----band?

5.) chill/Dire Straits
-----solo?
-----band?

6.) Alex R. side project

7.) DVD

While none of it is really 100% official, it's looking awesome!

Back to top Go down
MyFirstSin
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MyFirstSin

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 9:29 pm

You need to combine the brian/chuck project and the night time project, they're the same thing. People keep talking about a solo album because he was gonna do nicer recordings of "The Blues, Mary" and some other early stuff, but once they got released online he abandoned the project. He told me he wasn't planning on doing anything solo. So, it's

"Night Time" with Chuck, (sometime in 2011)

Chill/Dire straits influence with TGA, (planned recording in the fall, no later than an early 2012 release)

Brian/Ian project, (late-ish 2011)

DVD (i'm hoping for a cross between the Hyde Park dvd and the Darkness on the edge of town DVD that Bruce did, behind the scenes meets live wicked awesomeness)

Something ABout Death or Dying, the Alex R project (EP already released on facebook, it's screamo so i'm not into it, but it's worth a listen if you like that stuff)

Also, my dates on the Brian/Ian and the TGA album my be a bit off, because he told me that in october before he toured with Chuck, and thus before the Night Time music came about.
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 9:37 pm

Ha alright! You seem to have the right info

I don't expect anything until the last few months of the year anyway.
Back to top Go down
MyFirstSin
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MyFirstSin

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 10:08 pm

Idk, if the night time stuff or the stuff with Ian ends up being an EP instead of a full-length, i could definitely see something coming this summer-ish (though he hasn't said much about those dates). He said in an interview (the one that was three parts during a soundcheck, I know it was on another thread we were both on JJW319, but i forget which one) that he's hoping to have 60 songs in two years (which would be 2011 and 2012), but that he thinks it's more realistic that he'll have 40.
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 1:24 am

Christ, all this gets me so exited.

I'm just thinking that the Bamboozle date with Frank kind of corresponds with the rough timeframe that I would think might put the Revival Tour in the US, so I am absolutely praying that other shows are going on around that time, which if they don't involve TGA as a whole, it would at least be Brian.

I can't say I really care what it is; I just want SOMETHING to happen once winter goes away.
Back to top Go down
MyFirstSin
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MyFirstSin

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 10:24 pm

OH! I forgot to mention. While the new TGA album will be chillish and dire straits-ish, brian also said he wants to make another fun record. He wants to use Piano, but pick up the guitar so much that the piano doesn't bring it down too much. Paraphrasing, "We kinda held back for AMerican Slang, and we're all happy with the way that turned out, but for the new album we want to... not do that."

I apologize if i already said that here, i know i said it on another thread.
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 12:04 am

Quite honestly, Brian could sing over some pots and pans that are being slammed together and I'd buy six copies of the record.
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 12:13 am

Honestly MyFirstSin's last two posts just got me so unbelievably excited for 2011
Back to top Go down
MyFirstSin
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MyFirstSin

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 am

Thanks, man. Fullcollapse's last post made me realize how well i fit in on this forum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread   Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Handwritten - the 2012 new album thread
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next