DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park

Go down 
+14
MCStevepants
Stevearm
showmeyourhands
Bea
ksupilot
DaveSavedTheDay
CluckyB
xstevenbx
thecosmickid
loazis
MKULTRA
ral
steady now steady now
curly
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
curly
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park Empty
PostSubject: Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park   Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 8:15 am

This preview for Bruce's new Live in Hyde Park release from a dutch (maybe?) source is about 5:30 long and contains highlights from the show and an interview with Bruce. Around the 3:40 mark there is a clip of them doing No Surrender and Bruce mentions that Brian has a lot of soul, is a great frontman, and a good songwriter. Nothing that awesome, but I thought some people might like to see it.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/webbtv/noje/article7321881.ab

I'm sure there is another place where I should have posted this, so feel free to move it or repost it.

Edit: I guess it is Swedish. Somewhere up there anyway.

Edit2: Didn't think it needed its own thread, so I just added it to this one. Here is the complete performance of "No Surrender" -> http://pitchfork.com/tv/#/musicvideo/6874-bruce-springsteen-no-surrender-live-columbia

Last edited by curly on Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park   Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 8:20 am

curly wrote:
This preview for Bruce's new Live in Hyde Park release from a dutch (maybe?) source is about 5:30 long and contains highlights from the show and an interview with Bruce. Around the 3:40 mark there is a clip of them doing No Surrender and Bruce mentions that Brian has a lot of soul, is a great frontman, and a good songwriter. Nothing that awesome, but I thought some people might like to see it.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/webbtv/noje/article7321881.ab

I'm sure there is another place where I should have posted this, so feel free to move it or repost it.

oh yes; nice find; many thanks (and I was there)
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
curly
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park   Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 12:30 pm

Pitchfork has posted the complete video of "No Surrender" from the new DVD.

http://pitchfork.com/tv/#/musicvideo/6874-bruce-springsteen-no-surrender-live-columbia
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park   Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 12:48 pm

curly wrote:
Pitchfork has posted the complete video of "No Surrender" from the new DVD.

http://pitchfork.com/tv/#/musicvideo/6874-bruce-springsteen-no-surrender-live-columbia

so awesome. thanks for posting this.
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park   Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 1:27 pm

brian's face before the outro is priceless
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park   Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 2:16 pm

.se

It's Swedish =P
Back to top Go down
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

PostSubject: Re: Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park   Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 3:31 pm

http://www.brucespringsteen.net/news/index.html

The trailer is on bruce's website as well, without the swedish reporter...
Back to top Go down
xstevenbx
Wooderson
Wooderson
xstevenbx

PostSubject: Re: Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park   Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 3:44 pm

so ,i don't listen to springsteen or anything, but, that interview, made him seem like the nices guy in the world!
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park   Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 3:57 pm

Not gonna lie, Brian looks weird in the button up shirt.

That being said, he completely killed it.

Is Bruce coming out for T59S going to be on the DVD?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park   Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 4:18 pm

CluckyB wrote:

it is not listed under the extras
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
DaveSavedTheDay
A Contender
A Contender
DaveSavedTheDay

PostSubject: Re: Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park   Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 6:41 pm

I swear, this is the most ace thing ever. So excellent.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scheponik.com
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park   Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 6:42 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
CluckyB wrote:

it is not listed under the extras

That sucks. It seems an obvious extra to include and would've made me far more likely to buy it.

I guess Springsteen fans far outnumber gaslight fans. Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
ksupilot
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park   Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 3:03 am

Wow, it is great to finally see this in great quality, only had the crappy you tube videos before.

My favorite Bruce song of all time, and my two favorite singers of all time on the same stage.

Just amazing.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park   Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 5:56 am

Brian looks weird without a guitar xD
not a Springsteen fan, but i loved the song and the performance even more
Back to top Go down
showmeyourhands
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
showmeyourhands

PostSubject: Re: Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park   Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 7:38 am

i was there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the day i fell in love with gaslight.
alot of people were surprised at how good they were that day. alot of english fans took notice at this gig. me included. and i'll be seeing them support pearl jam this friday june 25th, woooooohooooo. and i wouldn't be surprised if brian came out again for state of love and trust seeing as though the TGA won't be able to play in their set.
Back to top Go down
curly
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park   Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 7:38 pm

xstevenbx wrote:
so ,i don't listen to springsteen or anything, but, that interview, made him seem like the nices guy in the world!

I wasn't raised on Springsteen or anything, but my obsession w/ him started about three years ago and in that time period I am not sure that I have ever heard anything bad about him personally. Obviously, there are plenty of people out there that don't like his music or his politics or think he is cheesy or a fake or something, but I have not read about one person that upon meeting him has had a bad thing to say about him. Not fans, not critics, not other musicians... everybody always seems to say that he couldn't be nicer. Guess that makes me feel good on some level that he is my favorite musician/band.

I agree that Brian looks funny w/o a guitar. Not really sure why he couldn't have borrowed one to at least just strum along... kind go strange.
Back to top Go down
Stevearm
Wooderson
Wooderson
Stevearm

PostSubject: Re: Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park   Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 8:16 pm

That is so freakin awesome
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stevearm
MCStevepants
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MCStevepants

PostSubject: Re: Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park   Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 3:23 pm

Brian without a guitar = WTF

but this was amazing. NS is one of my favorite Bruce songs.
Back to top Go down
Clementine
A Contender
A Contender
Clementine

PostSubject: Re: Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park   Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 12:37 am

this clip makes me happy....gotta love when you know someone is beaming through and through - Brian's radiating! And he nailed the song - Awesome
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park   Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 3:56 am

If some fine person could grab the audio, mp3 it, upload and post the link, I would download the link, listen to it a lot and reply to your post with a genuine 'thank you'.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park   Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 7:16 am

lynchyeatspizza wrote:
If some fine person could grab the audio, mp3 it, upload and post the link, I would download the link, listen to it a lot and reply to your post with a genuine 'thank you'.
here you go: https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/audio-f6/no-surrender-t2155.htm
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park   Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 8:31 am

Bea wrote:
lynchyeatspizza wrote:
here you go: https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/audio-f6/no-surrender-t2155.htm
Genuine Thank You
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911
Emyr
A Contender
A Contender
Emyr

PostSubject: Re: Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park   Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 7:04 am

My mum's got the DVD of Bruce's Hyde Park gig, I shall have to wait til the weekend when I go home to watch it 'though. Mainly just to see Brian tbh. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://emmaprew.blogspot.com
curly
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park   Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 2:44 pm

Emyr wrote:
My mum's got the DVD of Bruce's Hyde Park gig, I shall have to wait til the weekend when I go home to watch it 'though. Mainly just to see Brian tbh. Smile

I've seen part of it and while I never would have chosen this particular show to release from Bruce and the band, it still shows how he is a freak of nature.

Can you guys imagine following GA, or any other band for another 30 years? That kind of longevity is so hard to fathom.
Back to top Go down
Emyr
A Contender
A Contender
Emyr

PostSubject: Re: Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park   Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 3:03 pm

curly wrote:
Can you guys imagine following GA, or any other band for another 30 years? That kind of longevity is so hard to fathom.

30 years is a long time when you stop and think about it. Amazing that guys like Bruce have been going for that long, or longer and have fans from the beginning. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://emmaprew.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park   Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Springsteen on Brian and Complete Video of "No Surrender" from Live in Hyde Park
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next