DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

post Glasto & Hyde Park success measures?

Go down 
+5
simo
ilockyer
Stalls_Standing
Daire
steady now steady now
9 posters
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

post Glasto & Hyde Park success measures? Empty
PostSubject: post Glasto & Hyde Park success measures?   post Glasto & Hyde Park success measures? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 12:06 pm

Does anyone have any idea how TGA have done sales wise post Glasto and Hyde Park? Are there figures for the '59 Sound single re-release or for album sales? And has anyone seen the '59 Sound video on the video channels?

Last edited by steady now steady now on Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: post Glasto & Hyde Park success measures?   post Glasto & Hyde Park success measures? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 12:12 pm

Well they're not in the Top 100 singles or album for the week ending yesterday. In Ireland or Britain.
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: post Glasto & Hyde Park success measures?   post Glasto & Hyde Park success measures? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 12:34 pm

I was wondering this the other day, I'd like to see how much CD sales rose after Glasto/Hyde Park
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: post Glasto & Hyde Park success measures?   post Glasto & Hyde Park success measures? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 6:18 pm

They will have rose a lot I would have thought. Bruce Springsteen acted as a one man Gaslight Anthem army in this respect!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: post Glasto & Hyde Park success measures?   post Glasto & Hyde Park success measures? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 4:38 am

Tomaldo wrote:
They will have rose a lot I would have thought. Bruce Springsteen acted as a one man Gaslight Anthem army in this respect!

I would have thought so too, but I'd rather know. If all the new fans went for illegal downloads, then its not gonna show. Maybe only the new album, in early 2010, will tell.
Back to top Go down
ilockyer
A Contender
A Contender
ilockyer

PostSubject: Re: post Glasto & Hyde Park success measures?   post Glasto & Hyde Park success measures? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 5:52 am

Just went on Amazon, 59 Sound is sales rank #33 on there today so it must be moving a few!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: post Glasto & Hyde Park success measures?   post Glasto & Hyde Park success measures? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 7:26 am

The '59 Sound album is at 72 in the UK album charts

uk.launch.yahoo.com/c/uk/album_charts.html
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: post Glasto & Hyde Park success measures?   post Glasto & Hyde Park success measures? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 10:43 am

#85 on US iTunes Alternative charts...probably was around that before though
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: post Glasto & Hyde Park success measures?   post Glasto & Hyde Park success measures? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 11:48 am

Listeners for tracks on The '59 Sound on last.fm were up around 17-20% over last week. Definitely a noticeable increase. Not sure how to see their total listeners over each week, but I'm sure it increased as well as even SOS tracks were up 10% or so.
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: post Glasto & Hyde Park success measures?   post Glasto & Hyde Park success measures? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 2:42 pm

CluckyB wrote:
Listeners for tracks on The '59 Sound on last.fm were up around 17-20% over last week. Definitely a noticeable increase. Not sure how to see their total listeners over each week, but I'm sure it increased as well as even SOS tracks were up 10% or so.

This is by far the best way to judge this at the moment given the amount of people downloading free music. Most pepople are very unwilling to take a punt and buy an album straight away these days especially if its a band they caught by surprise while waiting for bruce or anther band.

There will be a gradual increase in physical sales over time I reckon.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: post Glasto & Hyde Park success measures?   post Glasto & Hyde Park success measures? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 3:08 pm

I don't remember how to get the percents but here's the album stats from Last.FM for the past two weeks.

59 Sound: 5630->6341
Sink or Swin 3182->3385
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: post Glasto & Hyde Park success measures?   post Glasto & Hyde Park success measures? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 3:19 pm

Percentages change is just (listeners this week) / (listeners last week) - 1.

So for '59 Sound its a 18% and SoS is a more modest 6%. Still not to shabby =).

It will be interesting to see how much of this is a spike and how much it holds over. That'll be the judge between how positive word of mouth was towards getting people to listen -- and how many actually became fans.

edit:

Another potential success measure: http://www.google.com/trends?q=the+gaslight+anthem&geo=gbr&sa=N

Searches for "the gaslight anthem" in the UK increased by a factor of 6-7! Bruce also had a huge spike in terms of searches. (not sure who else played at the concerts, but James Morrison and DMB didn't get similar spikes -- so its not like the search increases are guaranteed)
Back to top Go down
Deeper Shade of Blue
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Deeper Shade of Blue

PostSubject: Re: post Glasto & Hyde Park success measures?   post Glasto & Hyde Park success measures? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 3:47 pm

That's because James Morrison was atrocious!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: post Glasto & Hyde Park success measures?   post Glasto & Hyde Park success measures? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 10:17 am

according to the interview with brian in this weeks NME sales of the '59 sound have gone up 200 per cent since that weekend! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: post Glasto & Hyde Park success measures?   post Glasto & Hyde Park success measures? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

post Glasto & Hyde Park success measures?
Page 1 of 1