DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!

Go down 
+29
acousticbandit
curly
MKULTRA
Mikeyc
Reinvent good times
swampdevil
Luca Chinaski
ann_mac913
El Jefe
borrowedcar
JoshRaymond
emmahallows
dmac
CluckyB
Angry Johnny
mercyandaminute
stupendoussven
Daire
Vibes
cephcarn4
jabboy15
IKeeptheDiner
steph
Maureen973
steady now steady now
Johnny99
ral
colmillionaire
Novella
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 11:06 pm

it was said earlier but ill say it again

someone film it, i might pay
Back to top Go down
borrowedcar
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 12:12 am

fuck i wanted to go
if anybody has any left please pm me
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 2:10 am

borrowedcar wrote:
fuck i wanted to go
if anybody has any left please pm me

i cant make any promises. i might have one. i wont know till what im hoping is the first of june. i know its not a pm,but i didnt wanna be a d!ck and make it seem like i definitely had a ticket.
Back to top Go down
borrowedcar
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 2:14 am

its fine
i aiming for at least 2 so my dad can go
so if i can snag 2 i will be ecstatic
and u dont sound like a dick
a dick would be like "i might be able to help you but i wont tell you how"
you are more like "i hope i can help you"
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 10:37 am

are people waiting in line or is there a meetup? ill be down there early afternoon waiting in line probably.
Back to top Go down
thurman

PostSubject: Need 1 for 6/15   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 12:08 pm

I know this is late, but if anyone has one extra I can really use it.  I will even offer something extra for your consideration.  Let me know at

Thanks
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 3:11 pm

hmm dunno when i should be getting into the city. def gotta figure this stuff out today...whats the closest subway stop to the irving plaza?
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
El Jefe
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 3:13 pm

Union Square I believe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.eljefedesign.com
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 3:31 pm

colmillionaire wrote:
hmm dunno when i should be getting into the city. def gotta figure this stuff out today...whats the closest subway stop to the irving plaza?

El Jefe is correct. Union Square is the closest one. However, I dont know how many blocks it is, but it's only a 25-30 minute walk from Penn Station if you're coming via train. What time of day do you think you'll be getting to Irving?

Am I gonna be the only one waiting?
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 3:42 pm

Thanks for the subway info! Yeah I am taking the train. I'm gonna try and be there in the city by 6ish?
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 3:48 pm

colmillionaire wrote:
Thanks for the subway info! Yeah I am taking the train. I'm gonna try and be there in the city by 6ish?

Your welcome. If you need any help Google maps works great. Just put in the Penn Station to Whole Foods at Union Square (it's across the street from the station) and your good. I would link it, but I dont know if it will keep the same directions and stuff. Now is your train getting in by 6? Or you'll be at the venue by then?
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 3:53 pm

My train gets in at 6:05 so I'll be at the venue by 6:30-6:45 most likely.
Back to top Go down
Johnny99
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 4:38 pm

IKeeptheDiner wrote:
colmillionaire wrote:

El Jefe is correct. Union Square is the closest one. However, I dont know how many blocks it is, but it's only a 25-30 minute walk from Penn Station if you're coming via train. What time of day do you think you'll be getting to Irving?

irving is just around the corner from union sq.

im excited. its gonna be a good one.
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 5:04 pm

Johnny99 wrote:
IKeeptheDiner wrote:
colmillionaire wrote:

I meant Irving/Union Square (considered flatiron? i dont know) was 25-30 min from Penn. My bad.
Back to top Go down
ann_mac913
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
ann_mac913

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 7:35 pm

Anyone suggest a good preshow bar spot close to irving plaza?.... saw one called Sidebar online...looks decent...and what time do you think TGA will actually be on, 10ish?
Back to top Go down
Johnny99
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 8:00 pm

there is a real awesome dive bar right around the corner called bar 119. right across from sidebar.
never been to sidebar but it looks expensive everytime i see it.
there is a pool table and pretty cheap beer. and there is usually always good music playing.
Back to top Go down
stupendoussven
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
stupendoussven

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 1:13 pm

Johnny99 wrote:
IKeeptheDiner wrote:
colmillionaire wrote:

I hope to be there maybe 5-6ish. It is definitely going to be a good one. I'm so stoked for this show!
Back to top Go down
http://sirsvenjensen.tumblr.com
Luca Chinaski
A Contender
A Contender
Luca Chinaski

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 2:59 am

Setlist?
Back to top Go down
http://www.pearljamonline.it/
swampdevil
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
swampdevil

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 3:26 am

Met some fine folks a few blocks away for some food and spirits at Petes Tavern,then headed over to venue. GA came on at 9:30 ish and finished up around 11. Ill let others go more in depth over the set list......lotsa new and lotsa old. The new songs sounded great live for the most part,with many joining in sing alongs on the new ones already. Props to the band for mentioning the Court tavern. Brian also made it a point to mention the tour ending in New Jersey at the stone pony and sounded genuinely excited about the homecoming gig. Great band ,great night.

Heres the booty i ended up coming home with......

Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 3 IMG_1375

Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 3 IMG_1371
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 3:29 am

great show! new songs sounded a lot better than the bonnaroo boot. rival schools also kicked major ass. now to wake up in an hour...
Back to top Go down
Reinvent good times
A Contender
A Contender
Reinvent good times

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 10:18 am

Can a brother get a review or a setlist from last night?
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 10:30 am

Quote :
The Gaslight Anthem played:

‘American Slang’
‘Old White Lincoln’
‘Stay Lucky’
‘Bring It On’
‘59 Sound’
‘Diamond Church Street Choir’
‘Queen of Lower Chelsea’
‘Orphans’
‘Boxer’
‘Old Haunts’
‘Spirit of Jazz’
‘We Came to Dance’
‘Great Expectations’
‘Blue Jeans and White T Shirts’

Encore:
‘The Navesink Banks’
‘Drive’
‘Wooderson’
‘Even Cowgirls Get the Blues’
‘Miles Davis and the Cool’
‘Here's Looking At You, Kid’
‘Senor and the Queen’
‘Backseat’

Full review can be found at http://www.nme.com/news/the-gaslight-anthem--2/51537

Last edited by ral on Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
stupendoussven
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
stupendoussven

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 11:03 am

swampdevil wrote:
Met some fine folks a few blocks away for some food and spirits at Petes Tavern,then headed over to venue. GA came on at 9:30 ish and finished up around 11. Ill let others go more in depth over the set list......lotsa new and lotsa old. The new songs sounded great live for the most part,with many joining in sing alongs on the new ones already. Props to the band for mentioning the Court tavern. Brian also made it a point to mention the tour ending in New Jersey at the stone pony and sounded genuinely excited about the homecoming gig. Great band ,great night.

Heres the booty i ended up coming home with......

Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 3 IMG_1375

Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 3 IMG_1371

I'm jealous, I didn't have enough money to get the print as well, so I only got the hoodie. I'm crossing my fingers that they didn't sell out and a few land up on the webstore soon. As for the show, Its all that I've come to expect from a TGA show, the band plays their butts off and we all know the words to sing back to them. A few people might be surprised that the entire venue knew all the words to AS, but considering the record had leaked almost two months ago, it wasn't that much of a shocker. But the band did seem genuinely enthused at the fact that we did know the words. I was really stoked to see Tim Barry for the first time live and man did he deliver, he is such a great musician and overall person.
Back to top Go down
http://sirsvenjensen.tumblr.com
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 1:50 pm

Anyone know if there is a recording of the show or some kind of boot coming out? They played the whole record (basically) in succession. I gotta hear that!
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
Johnny99
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 2:49 pm

alex r's new guitar is fucking awesome
and his live singing has improved by a million.
sounded great on all of the backups.
incredible show.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next