DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!

Go down 
+29
acousticbandit
curly
MKULTRA
Mikeyc
Reinvent good times
swampdevil
Luca Chinaski
ann_mac913
El Jefe
borrowedcar
JoshRaymond
emmahallows
dmac
CluckyB
Angry Johnny
mercyandaminute
stupendoussven
Daire
Vibes
cephcarn4
jabboy15
IKeeptheDiner
steph
Maureen973
steady now steady now
Johnny99
ral
colmillionaire
Novella
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 7:47 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
By the way, what's with the skull on the new backdrop? I've never been keen on skulls (except in connection with pirate stuff) and I don't see how relates to any of the new material or to the album design.

I dont know but it was hilarious cause the whole banner was to big for irving haha. it just reminded me of what kind of places they'll be playing.

BRING ON THE HALL AND OATES COVERS!
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 5:46 am

Novella wrote:
By the way, what's with the skull on the new backdrop? I've never been keen on skulls (except in connection with pirate stuff) and I don't see how relates to any of the new material or to the album design.

i bought a hoodie from a tour last year, the back is what looks like a postcard and its has either japanese or chinese characters on it and the front has a post mark stamp with a skull in the middle of it, also on the back is a girls name I've never heard in any of their songs. I don't know what any part of this hoodie has to do with the gaslight anthem but it looks cool as hell. I guess someone likes skulls or something.

what is the girls name?

and about the skulls, i liked what i saw from the release show (youtube vid) but i guess you could say it might have been more fitting for the SOS days. but whatever.
Back to top Go down
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 5:04 pm

IKeeptheDiner wrote:
ral wrote:
IKeeptheDiner wrote:
I embarrassed myself by getting to Irving around 1:15. However, I met Brian and I believe one of the techs whose name slips my mind .(may have been Matt?) Great guy, had a nice talk,got a picture with him and was freaking out like a school girl haha.

Hah. Obviously you were first in line... so when did others start showing up? Also, the tech could've been Ian (unless they've added someone else).

Ha I met up with some friends from Brooklyn for food, left around 2:30 came back around 4:15 and there were 3 people waiting. So somewhere between those two times.

As for the name, I think it was Ian cause when he was handing out setlist at the end I think he may have said something to me and then his name was called. I feel like a jerk cause he was really nice to me also.

As for acousticbandit, sorry if I was in your face about it, I was a bit too giddy about it haha. Small world, belated welcome to the boards.

nah, you weren't. i caught a travis barker drumstick once so i can understand your elation. i'd like to meet brian, but i also stopped showing up to venues before doors opened many years ago haha.
Back to top Go down
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 5:05 pm

IKeeptheDiner wrote:

I dont know but it was hilarious cause the whole banner was to big for irving haha. it just reminded me of what kind of places they'll be playing.

BRING ON THE HALL AND OATES COVERS!

i'm holland oates, you're peter gabriel.

(any always sunny fans out there?)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5