DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!

Go down 
+29
acousticbandit
curly
MKULTRA
Mikeyc
Reinvent good times
swampdevil
Luca Chinaski
ann_mac913
El Jefe
borrowedcar
JoshRaymond
emmahallows
dmac
CluckyB
Angry Johnny
mercyandaminute
stupendoussven
Daire
Vibes
cephcarn4
jabboy15
IKeeptheDiner
steph
Maureen973
steady now steady now
Johnny99
ral
colmillionaire
Novella
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 4:02 pm

My brother was getting tickets for me while I was in school. Livenation sent him to Ticketmaster. Ticketmaster error messages that is. My brother was on the phone with LN and TM for an hour and a half. Both kept blaming each other then they said they'll talk to each other for some sort of agreement. So in the end I have no tickets for the show. I'm a bit pissed. If they sold out that was one thing, but the fact my brother was up at 10 trying like everyone else and a site that loves to send emails about concerts announcement cant actually figure out how to sell the "product," they advertise upsets me.

Sorry if this is long, I really need to vent.

Edit-LiveNation and TicketMaster are discussing some sort of agreement and possible compensation.

Last edited by IKeeptheDiner on Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mercyandaminute
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 5:22 pm

ugh this sucks!! I didn't think it would sell out that fast and I really wanted to go...
Back to top Go down
Angry Johnny
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Angry Johnny

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 6:34 pm

yup, same here. sold in in less than 4 min. i really wanted to see rival schools more than anything. noway will i spend $150 for a ticket. it does make you sick when real fans cant even see the show because some douchebag bought tickets to make a profit. oh well, it's not the end of the world.
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 6:53 pm

Is there an actual number released. I heard 4 minutes and 8 minutes. Just curious.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 7:08 pm

Are there any bigger venues in NYC they could move to? Hopefully something gets worked out for everyone who wanted to see them.
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 9:17 pm

Irving Plaza can fit about 1200. So,there definitely are bigger places. Terminal 5 has 3000 capacity and Hammerstien Ballroom is somewhere around there. But I think one of the ideas of having this record release show is to be semi-intamite. I dunno thats just what it seems like to me. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 9:34 pm

It was around 24 minutes
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
dmac
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 9:36 pm

I will be there for sure.
My heart goes out to all the people who wanted to go to this and missed out.
First thing, being that the livenation website was douching it up. I went on the moment it turned 10am and got an error, almost instantly I opened up ticketmaster and managed to get the 2 tickets for my sister and I... After all was said and done it was probably about 10:01AM but it felt like it took forever... Our tickets were number 94 and 95, which surprised me a bit. I definitely knew this show would sell out but... FOUR MINUTES? I don't know if that's a fact or not, but it was without a doubt sold out by 10:15.
But the more infuriating part of this mess, is the quantity of people who went on there with the sole purpose of making a profit... I just looked at the stubhub website, as others have, and its sickening. If those tickets are sold, well, more power to the people who can afford it. If I had a disposable income, I know I'd consider it... But is the average fan not only willing, but actually able to put out that kind of money to go to a show which tickets cost $26.50 before fees?
I'm torn about how I feel about the whole situation... On one hand, I hope no one buys those outrageously priced tickets and those people are stuck with the 16 tickets. However, ideally, those tickets would be in the hands of fans who wanted to go to the show.

What do you guys think? Any of you willing to spend $100+ to see them?
If they don't upgrade the venue, they'll be other chances to see them, obviously. Philly isn't a far trek (well... for me at least) and chances are they'll add Jersey and more New York shows after Europe.
Back to top Go down
http://dmmaaacccc.tumblr.com
Johnny99
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 10:11 pm

i wish bands would figure out some way to sell tickets to their shows with some sort of system that weeded out scalpers.. fucking assholes. extremely infuriating that some greedy son of a bitch bought up tix for some band who he probably heard was popular and sells the tickets for more than 2 or 3 times face value to some actual fan of the band. Thinking about it gets me really mad.

i had two extra tix to against me at the pony last night and sold them each for 3 dollars under face value to two fans of the band outside the club.
shit i have given a free ticket away before just because i didnt want it to go to waste.
though i was able to get my tickets it just really pisses me off that this happens.
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 10:17 pm

I'm going to the Rhode Island show, but it's the thought of seeing a band the day their album comes out is really cool. Plus I gotta get the poster from the show, it apparently is a "sister poster" to the pre-order. So between fees, a poster and maybe a shirt, im cutting it close to 70. No way am I only paying for a ticket for 70. May as well go see Phil Collins do it 50 and 60's soul review.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 11:42 pm

not like i was able to go anyways, but i totally agree that fuckin sucks that there are jerks out there who try to make a profit off stuff like this. any time ive had an extra ticket to sell to something, i couldn't bring myself to sell it for a dollar more than what i paid. hopefully, they'll see there is demand for this show and move it somewhere bigger!
Back to top Go down
Angry Johnny
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Angry Johnny

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 12:14 am

I myself could afford to pay the $150 or even double that, but there is noway im giving my hard earned money to some douche so he/she can make a profit. ive got too much pride and there WILL be other shows.
Back to top Go down
Novella
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Novella

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 12:45 am

I think as they get more and more popular stuff like this will happen. Sad thing is, I think someone said 1 person on stubhub was selling 8 tickets or so for $150 a pop. All he really has to do is sell 2 tickets and he breaks even with some extra cash. If he sells those other 6, well then drinks are on him. You know there is some idiot out there in a suit who's girlfriend is a huge fan and really wants tickets and this ass will make his money. I wish bands or even labels would find a better way to sell tickets for show's. It even kind of pisses me off that radio stations and other companies get a certain amount of tickets as well. $150 a ticket is insane, a few years ago i paid around $120 for two rancid tickets, and i thought that was a rip off.
Back to top Go down
emmahallows
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
emmahallows

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 9:05 am

HELP!

I'm coming to New York for the record release show next month from Manchester in the UK, Ive spent thousands of pounds for this gig and i need some peoples help, unfortunately I've just seen that its sold out, but non the less i still need some help. the tickets got released yesterday at 2pm my time but as my IP address is a UK one it wouldn't let me buy tickets for this, would anyone be able to help? maybe be able to grab me 2 tickets (one for me, one for my boyfriend) eather post them to me or anyone who is going could meet me at the show and we could do an exchange. In need of some desperate help for this! a guy on facebook recommended to ask on here as people send him records and other stuff from the US to him in the UK. My email is uberhhippie666@hotmail.com if anyone has any info or just contact me on here. thanks so much guys!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/emmahallowsmusic
jabboy15
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 12:13 pm

i was just informed that there are still presale tickets available for the irving plaza though through the bands myspace. its face value and everything so get them while they last!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thepretender.tumblr.com
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 2:08 pm

emmahallows wrote:
Ive spent thousands of pounds for this gig

wow; and that doesn't even include the cost of the tickets?
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Johnny99
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 2:16 pm

i sure hope she sees that post and goes to get the face value tix.
Back to top Go down
emmahallows
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
emmahallows

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 4:11 pm

hay!

thanks for the help guy just gone on now and got two tickets! thank you soo much and see you all there =DDDDD xxx Very Happy I love you
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/emmahallowsmusic
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 4:40 pm

jabboy15 wrote:
i was just informed that there are still presale tickets available for the irving plaza though through the bands myspace. its face value and everything so get them while they last!!

you are more then a savior. may nothing but good vibes/things happen to you.
Back to top Go down
dmac
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 9:23 pm

jabboy15 wrote:

you're the greatest thing ever, i had friends who really wanted to go to this show & now they can... seriously. you win at life so much Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://dmmaaacccc.tumblr.com
mercyandaminute
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 10:21 pm

damn... I think I got the last one. Is it worth going alone?
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 10:27 pm

I am going alone, its always worth it. especially for TGA
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 6:54 pm

i would love to go alone, actually. i have ocd with certain concerts. i sound like a jerk, but i dont always wanna worry about someone else. plus i like waiting around in line for g.a. shows.
Back to top Go down
mercyandaminute
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 8:54 pm

of course it's worth it. I don't even know why I asked that hahaha
and if I did have another ticket, I always feel bad dragging my friends to some concerts b/c for some reason I can't get them to like this band!!
Back to top Go down
Johnny99
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 9:21 pm

i am really excited for this show.
more excited than i have been for a show in a long time.
its gonna be fucking killer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!   Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Record Release Show! NYC JUNE 15!
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next