DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

US Tour - Summer 2010

Go down 
+52
futureboy
loazis
SmilinSkullRing
Pants
redinthemorn
J_Schooly
Grant Michael
Shaun
BlindPaintedSky
MCStevepants
ExitEnglish
saaarah
pookieray
Stevearm
rivercities
swampdevil
Jack
J.B.R.
Daire
simo
borrowedcar
jennylenore
ShieldYourEyes
StreetsRunRed
PFREEZY
Angry Johnny
4th St Payphone
TGAFAN25
Janet
steph
Vibes
stupendoussven
JerseyDevil
Clementine
tdawg
efofex
Jukebox Romeo
IKeeptheDiner
stephendgaf
Asleepontheforestfloor
brianisbae
Maureen973
RobertODonnell
Johnny99
DaveSavedTheDay
colmillionaire
steady now steady now
kieran
Little Eden
CluckyB
JoshRaymond
ral
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage

US Tour - Summer 2010 - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Tour - Summer 2010   US Tour - Summer 2010 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 5:39 pm

I hope they play Angry Johnny at the LA show. I love that song live with the monologue
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: US Tour - Summer 2010   US Tour - Summer 2010 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 7:55 pm

futurebo wrote:
Does anybody know what time Tim Barry has been hitting the stage? Thanks.
Tim goes on first, which was an hour after doors for St Louis and Kansas City. Everyone needs to show up early and check him out. He was great both nights. Even doing two songs in the crowd in St Louis after his mic went out.

blugel wrote:
the st. louis (sauget, il) show had a similar setlist, except no Red in the Morning, Film Noir, or Boomboxes and Dictionaries.

i know Casanova, Baby was played, but can't think of any others that weren't played in Kansas City.

anyone have the actual setlist from that show?
July 16, 2010 - Pop's, Sauget, IL
US Tour - Summer 2010 - Page 8 Tga2010-07-16
Played as listed with no audibles to the setlist. A few notes... Old White Lincoln had a line or two from Watching the Detectives. Angry Johnny was played without a tag in the breakdown. Venue/security weren't the best but the venue was open for business while TGA soundchecked. Very strange setup but I didn't complain.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: US Tour - Summer 2010   US Tour - Summer 2010 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 8:41 pm

pookieray wrote:
Before the show Benny us (me and some other fans waiting for doors) that they'd be playing Red In The Morning cuz they'd been practicing it for a few days but they were still nervous if they could pull it off, something about when they recorded it the lyrics were kinda spur of the moment. Right before they played it Brian said he was pretty sure he'd mess it up but they absolutely nailed it and when they finished the looks on all their faces was sweet, like they couldn't believe they pulled it off. I wish I could've gotten video of it because I had the best view but security was really strict, I took out my phone once to attempt to take a picture and the security guard glared at me till I put it away.

So glad I picked this show to fly to, venue was amazing and the crowd was awesome. Hopefully Tempe is even half as fun with it being insanely hot there.

This is pretty much spot on. Brian was legitimately excited and extremely animated after Red In The Morning. There was even a fist pump. Knowing they soundchecked it, I was still doubtful that they'd break it out until Benny told us that it'd be happening. It really was pretty fantastic. The rest of the show was too. Just a few changes from the night before but the crowd seemed better and the band definitely seemed to be feeding off that. Angry Johnny had a Fleetwood Mac song in the breakdown. I think it was Gypsy but I'm not 100% sure. Boomboxes wasn't on the printed setlist and was for some kids in front of Alex L.

Met Benny before the show. He put up with the ridiculous KC heat to chat with us for a while. Really good dude. Also hung around afterward and talked with Brian. He took what seemed like a hundred photos with people, signed everything and answered pretty much any and all questions. He mentioned a potential cover they might work on and some other things in the works (good stuff, I promise). All the while, he was extremely gracious and genuine. Anyone that's worried about these guys changing can rest assured that it won't be happening any time soon.

Brian also said they probably won't be playing 1930, Contender, High Lonesome and River's Edge (and maybe one other one) on this run of shows. They needed to let those ones rest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: US Tour - Summer 2010   US Tour - Summer 2010 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 12:29 am

No river's edge? fuck that sucks cause I love that song
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: US Tour - Summer 2010   US Tour - Summer 2010 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 2:18 am

im going to the Tempe and LA shows, next two days! im fuckin excited.
Back to top Go down
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
Little Eden

PostSubject: Re: US Tour - Summer 2010   US Tour - Summer 2010 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 2:43 am

at the risk of sounding like I'm complaining, I'm bummed at the absence of "1930" on this tour's setlists

oh well...still hella psyched for the show Thursday!!!
Back to top Go down
SmilinSkullRing
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
SmilinSkullRing

PostSubject: Re: US Tour - Summer 2010   US Tour - Summer 2010 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 4:37 am

Finally saw the band live in KC. Excellent show! Got to meet Alex L., Alex R., and Brian after the show. Great guys.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/SmilinSkullRing
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: US Tour - Summer 2010   US Tour - Summer 2010 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 11:32 am

They covered Lucero's The War last night with Tim Barry sharing lead vocals. Awesome.
Back to top Go down
SmilinSkullRing
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
SmilinSkullRing

PostSubject: Re: US Tour - Summer 2010   US Tour - Summer 2010 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 2:16 pm

ral wrote:
They covered Lucero's The War last night with Tim Barry sharing lead vocals. Awesome.
Sweet. US Tour - Summer 2010 - Page 8 Icon_cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/SmilinSkullRing
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: US Tour - Summer 2010   US Tour - Summer 2010 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 2:25 pm

Little Eden wrote:
at the risk of sounding like I'm complaining, I'm bummed at the absence of "1930" on this tour's setlists

oh well...still hella psyched for the show Thursday!!!
While making the 'Top 25 list' I realised that they almost never play any of my top 5 songs live nowadays =P
Back to top Go down
Grant Michael
A Contender
A Contender
Grant Michael

PostSubject: Re: US Tour - Summer 2010   US Tour - Summer 2010 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 5:22 am

ral wrote:
Uhh... whoa. That is awesome. Lucero is terrific. I went to see TGA at The Fillmore in Detroit last week. My next concert is Social D with Lucero and Frank Turner at the same venue in October. Love all three of those bands. I'll be scouring YouTube until I find that cover.

EDIT: That didn't take long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0v2KpI3L5Q
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: US Tour - Summer 2010   US Tour - Summer 2010 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 6:32 am

setlist for the LA show:

American Slang
Casanova,Baby!
Diamond Church street Choir
Old White Lincoln
Even Cowlgirls get the Blues
Boxer
Wherefore art thou, elvis?
Bring It on
59 Sound
Red In the Morning
Spirit of Jazz
Angry Johnny
Blue jeans
Queen of Lower Chelsea
Stay Lucky
Boomboxes and Dictionaries
Backseat
Encore:
We Came to Dance
We're getting a divorce, you keep the diner
Here's looking at you kid
Great Expectations
Back to top Go down
futureboy
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: US Tour - Summer 2010   US Tour - Summer 2010 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 9:01 pm

Ral, thanks for the info. I've seen Tim Barry a couple of times and the guy I'm going with is a big Avail fan. Seriously, I would love that Lucero cover in Philly. Been into GA since Sink but have always had conflicts when they came through so this is my first show.
Back to top Go down
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

PostSubject: Re: US Tour - Summer 2010   US Tour - Summer 2010 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 11:21 pm

divorce and johnny on the same night is always a real treat.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: US Tour - Summer 2010   US Tour - Summer 2010 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 2:17 am

Eden can help me but here is a rough estimate of what they played in SanJose

AS--all but old haunts and wdiw3y

t59s-- no lonesome, ferris wheel (I'm 0/2 for this song now. Is it turning into another diner? =P) or rivers edge (I was all ready to yell "bruuuuuuce" this time. oh well). Also according to setlist.fm there was no Casanova Baby but I thought I remember it... now I'm not sure. I need videographic memory =P

Satq -- all but say I won't

sink or swim -- I was humbled by how little iknew this album. But we got boomboxes, we came to dance, red in the morning (much to crowd approval), angry Johnny, and maybe one other? I thought I remember more but can't recall any at this time. (might have just confused some satq songs with SoS songs at the time they were playing)

we also got Brian doing she loves you as a solo (Alex r provided the "do you miss her right now" backing vocals) and luceros the war with tim Barry

so that's 26 songs, maybe 27 or 25 if they missed another song on t59s if I missed one off Sos. Also during one of the songs (drawing a blank which one) Brian covered another song at the end but I have no idea what the song was... And they did it all in under 2 hours. Needless to say there was very little chitchat for a gaslight show, but we did get to here him tell a story about tping and yell at a stupid chick for climbing on the framework of the stage ("get down this isn't your show", but said Nicely of course because he's Brian Fallon)

overall, great show =D

fail attempt at setlist order:

American Slang
Old White Lincoln
Boxer
(lots of stuff. T59S was surprisingly late, Stay Lucky was very late, DCSC was early, if I thought about it more I could do this better... )
Great Expectations

Encore:
She Loves You (Brian Fallon Solo)
The War (Lucero cover) (feat. Tim Barry)
We Came to Dance
Here's Looking At You, Kid
Backseats
Back to top Go down
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
Little Eden

PostSubject: Re: US Tour - Summer 2010   US Tour - Summer 2010 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 5:11 am

Set list: (note: not all of these were played, Alex L said they had to skip a few in order to keep the show under San jose's 9 o'clock curfew)

US Tour - Summer 2010 - Page 8 Dscn3610

AMAZING SHOW! A little crazy (note the crazy girl who decided to climb on top on the stage tent and crawl across...) but I can honestly say that I now know what it's like to have a perfect day.
Back to top Go down
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
Little Eden

PostSubject: Re: US Tour - Summer 2010   US Tour - Summer 2010 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 5:13 am

The 59 Sound WAS played. But no diner or state Sad((((

Whatevs, the show was still amazing.
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: US Tour - Summer 2010   US Tour - Summer 2010 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 12:08 pm

i still cant believe red in the morning is slowly becoming a staple on this tour. the wonder of bands listening to people on social networking sites......
Back to top Go down
eddiecash
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
eddiecash

PostSubject: Re: US Tour - Summer 2010   US Tour - Summer 2010 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 12:09 pm

und32 wrote:
ral wrote:
Uhh... whoa. That is awesome. Lucero is terrific. I went to see TGA at The Fillmore in Detroit last week. My next concert is Social D with Lucero and Frank Turner at the same venue in October. Love all three of those bands. I'll be scouring YouTube until I find that cover.

EDIT: That didn't take long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0v2KpI3L5Q

would have lost my mind if I saw this. I love lucero and I've been somewhat friendly (read: fanboy) with tim since the end of the avail days. wish the audio on this clip was better.
Back to top Go down
http://livemusicfile.blogspot.com/
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

PostSubject: Re: US Tour - Summer 2010   US Tour - Summer 2010 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 12:16 pm

IKeeptheDiner wrote:
i still cant believe red in the morning is slowly becoming a staple on this tour. the wonder of bands listening to people on social networking sites......
they should listen to me and play boxer into wooderson. perfect segue!!
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: US Tour - Summer 2010   US Tour - Summer 2010 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 12:21 pm

Little Eden wrote:
Set list: (note: not all of these were played, Alex L said they had to skip a few in order to keep the show under San jose's 9 o'clock curfew)

AMAZING SHOW! A little crazy (note the crazy girl who decided to climb on top on the stage tent and crawl across...) but I can honestly say that I now know what it's like to have a perfect day.

Yeah, we still got T59S and Great Expectations. Also the encore had SLY and the War which almost made up for not getting diner. (I'll get to see them play Diner at some point... same probably can't be said about Tim Barry and the War).

re red in the morning: I wouldn't be surprised it if remains at staple on this tour and then goes away for a while again. Like, if they played Diner and 1930 every show it would lose the specialness the times it is played. But at the same time, it would be disappointing to be at a show where nothing special gets played. So having some "special" songs that you play a whole tour period makes sense. (Maybe we'll see more of Wooderson in the fall tour...)
Back to top Go down
Pants
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Pants

PostSubject: Re: US Tour - Summer 2010   US Tour - Summer 2010 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 2:33 pm

I'd kill to see Drive on the next go around with Menzginers
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: US Tour - Summer 2010   US Tour - Summer 2010 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 3:43 pm

The shows in Tempe and LA were pretty fucking awesome, and I was pleasantly surprised by the number of SOS songs, 4 or 5, more than I expected. I got a guitar pick @ the Tempe show, and Tim Barry hopped over the barricade and played a few songs down in the crowd, that was pretty cool, cause I was disappointed at the change in venues this tour, too big, and the stage is so far away.

And this is basically unrelated to Gaslight, however, every time I go to LA for a show, I kinda wish I'd chosen another show to go to. The crowds in LA are such assholes compared to everywhere else. I cannot tell you how sick I am of couples that go to shows and the girl is seemingly unfamiliar with the band, but still stakes a claim at the front, with her big boyfriend behind her protecting the whole area, and god freakin forbid, someone else gets pushed into the bitch, by the crowd. Oh, and I definitely appreciated said bitch's friend who left the front barricade every two minutes to get yet another beer, spilling a third of it on various concertgoers on her way back to the front, and was working on her 15th beer when she left to refill, three songs into Gaslight's set, and still expected us to save her spot. Okay, I'm done ranting. Whew.

Anyways, the shows were really great.
Back to top Go down
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
Little Eden

PostSubject: Re: US Tour - Summer 2010   US Tour - Summer 2010 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 3:46 pm

steph wrote:

The shows in Tempe and LA were pretty fucking awesome, and I was pleasantly surprised by the number of SOS songs, 4 or 5, more than I expected. I got a guitar pick @ the Tempe show, and Tim Barry hopped over the barricade and played a few songs down in the crowd, that was pretty cool, cause I was disappointed at the change in venues this tour, too big, and the stage is so far away.

And this is basically unrelated to Gaslight, however, every time I go to LA for a show, I kinda wish I'd chosen another show to go to. The crowds in LA are such assholes compared to everywhere else. I cannot tell you how sick I am of couples that go to shows and the girl is seemingly unfamiliar with the band, but still stakes a claim at the front, with her big boyfriend behind her protecting the whole area, and god freakin forbid, someone else gets pushed into the bitch, by the crowd. Oh, and I definitely appreciated said bitch's friend who left the front barricade every two minutes to get yet another beer, spilling a third of it on various concertgoers on her way back to the front, and was working on her 15th beer when she left to refill, three songs into Gaslight's set, and still expected us to save her spot. Okay, I'm done ranting. Whew.

Anyways, the shows were really great.

That's why I loved San Jose. It was free, in my hometown, I could relate to the crowd, and the stage was less than 10 feet away. Still wish i could've made it to both LA and San Jose though...
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: US Tour - Summer 2010   US Tour - Summer 2010 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 3:49 pm

^haha. on a side note, i think you and i are the only ones posting right now, and we're basically responding to each other's posts. Razz everyone else is like "shut up!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: US Tour - Summer 2010   US Tour - Summer 2010 - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

US Tour - Summer 2010
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next