DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE..

Go down 
+18
tdawg
stephendgaf
IKeeptheDiner
steph
RobertODonnell
Turn the Casanova On
curly
Stalls_Standing
steady now steady now
JoshRaymond
divoz
Jack
Daire
DaveSavedTheDay
kieran
Palmer89
Little Eden
Angry Johnny
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE..   SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 7:04 pm

Well, they're all removed now.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE..   SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 7:47 pm

guest wrote:
Stop worrying about, the more people to listen the better... Brain doesn't care. It's like you people have nothing to worry about so you go complainning at the poor youtube guy tsc tsc.... you should get some terminal disease to put things in perspective.

you may have had a bad experience posting here, but no reason to go overboard and wish a "terminal disease" upon someone. this board is pretty much respectful of other members, in general, can't we keep it that way?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE..   SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 7:56 pm

amen to that steph
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE..   SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 8:30 pm

steph wrote:
guest wrote:
Stop worrying about, the more people to listen the better... Brain doesn't care. It's like you people have nothing to worry about so you go complainning at the poor youtube guy tsc tsc.... you should get some terminal disease to put things in perspective.

you may have had a bad experience posting here, but no reason to go overboard and wish a "terminal disease" upon someone. this board is pretty much respectful of other members, in general, can't we keep it that way?

i hate this way of typing,but.

w3rd.
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE..   SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 11:31 pm

more exposure. not bad.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE..   SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 11:49 pm

i guess ill post it up on youtube now

just kidding
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE..   SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 1:17 am

lol.

The album leak has had a double-edged side effect for our forum. On the one hand, we've gotten a bunch of new members. On the other, some of them need to lurk a bit more, ya know?
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000
Reinvent good times
A Contender
A Contender
Reinvent good times

PostSubject: Re: SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE..   SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 11:24 am

PErhaps a bit off topic, but...

Regarding the "who doesn't want them to get huge" arguement--- Me! I don't want them to get huge, I'll admit it. It may not be the case here with TGA, but think back to all the bands you've ever really liked / loved. Try and be objective--Was their very first album their best or was it the very last one they released, after they got bigger and bigger.

For me, by and large, bands first or second albums are better...they are raw, more emotional, not over produced or too glossy, created more by the band and not made for some lunkdick record executive.

My examples:
Pearl Jam 10...One of their best
Blink 182 Dude Ranch
TGA SInk or Swim. Haven't listened to AS yet, but Sink or swim is better than 59S.
Deftones Around the Fur
Taking Back SUnday-Tell all Your friends (Perfect Example)
Thursday Full Collapse (Newer releases pale in comparison)
Moneen Are we really happy with who we are
Rise Against--their newer stuff is not as hardcore, punk.

ANyone agree or disagree??
Back to top Go down
rivercities
A Contender
A Contender
rivercities

PostSubject: Re: SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE..   SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 12:40 pm

I would agree that bands tend to be more raw on the their first or second album, and this is definitely true with sink or swim, which is probably my favorite album as well. Although, I can totally respect a band like TGA trying to reach a larger crowd, because just like anyone else they need to make a living. I don't know them personally but I'm sure they aren't the richest guys on the block. So if they need to be less raw to make some money I'm fine with that, if any band on this earth deserves to make money its TGA
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE..   SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 12:53 pm

While it's true that most debut albums are more raw, the main disagreement I have with your post is that it suggests that the sounds of T59S and AS are what they are primarily in order to cater to the public, but I don't think that's true. To be honest, SoS is a good album, but it's sound doesn't differentiate itself from myriads of other punk records out there. After SoS, I think the band really tried to evolve and make something that was their own, move forward. They aren't less raw because they want more money, they have a more polished sound because that's what any artist wants to do as time goes on. First albums are rough because that's the best you can do at the time. After that, you want to improve and keep making albums as good as you can.
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

PostSubject: Re: SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE..   SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 12:57 pm

Maybe bands stop being raw because they develop, not because they think it'll sell more.
I think sex, love and rock and roll is much better than mommy's little monster but it's not as "raw" and it's SD's most recent album. Against Me! would be getting boring if they kept on screaming with out of tune guitars, instead they develop and white crosses is amazing and so is Reinventing axl rose.

What I'm trying to say is if a band tries to do the same thing all over again it'll just be boring and stupid, as artists and as people trying to make a living.
Back to top Go down
rivercities
A Contender
A Contender
rivercities

PostSubject: Re: SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE..   SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 12:58 pm

ya thats true you make a good point, either way you look at it all of their music is awesome in its own sense
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE..   SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 1:30 pm

Isn't a raw first album to be expected...thats why it's called raw, a step into the unknown and just starting out. As bands grow and discover new ways of doing things with more technology and instruments sounds often become cleaner and lyrics/songs lose their rawness.

I can't see how any songs off AS would appeal to the mass public personally except the odd 1 or 2 so I highly doubt that was on their minds when making it. This band seems more down to earth than the majority out there and I'm sure they know as well as us lot that bands lose their appeal and originality to their fans when catering for the public and the music industry.
Back to top Go down
Reinvent good times
A Contender
A Contender
Reinvent good times

PostSubject: Re: SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE..   SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 1:34 pm

I will clarify my soapbox a bit---

I wasn't necessarily saying that TGA is doing things on their latest albums to cater to the public or the lowest common denominator, but in general, I think bands' first or seconds efforts are usually more respected or critically acclaimed.

And I agree, if any band deserves to make a great living making music, it is TGA. They aren't fake or shallow, have real values and morals, and are doing things the right way.
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE..   SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 1:45 pm

I guess after a few albums people have high expectations, when they're met people suggest it was expected, when they fail people slate them. Opening album or 2 are those that catch people off guard so we notice them alot more.

With this 3rd album the band is much bigger and more expected from them, it's no longer a surprise to hear their music and be taken back in the same way most of us were originally.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE..   SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 2:16 pm

Not much to add, but I just need to say that I can't stand people who say they want a band to stay small so it can remain "theirs". Reality check: they were never "your" band. It sounds really harsh, but if you want a band to be yours, form one. Gig. Get signed. Make a record. Tour. Then you can decide how big or small you want to be. The TGA guys say over and over in interviews that they haven't made much money yet. Good on them if they want to keep pushing their sound forward and even better if they make some cash while doing so. As rude as you may think I'm being, it's their livelihood, not yours. I'm not going to wish you stayed at a sales position when you could have been in one of management. So lay off 'em.

/rant
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE..   SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 2:22 pm

I think it's a personal choice of wishing to see them in a smaller venue where they may sound better/may not be restricted by the large record companies than a case of not wanting the guys to make anything of themselves.

Of course everyone wants them to be as big as they can, but many people always prefer the sound of a band in a 1000 minus venue and prefer earlier work with less restrictions put on them. No ones saying they don't want Gaslight to become huge, just not at the expense of the above. Obviously the venues will become bigger so no one can help that. Even then I'm sure people would want the band to make money/success over their own personal feelings.

I can see it from both side but at the end of the day, if Gaslight keeps producting this sort of music, I don't really care who knows them or how big they get and good luck to them.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE..   SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 2:40 pm

Yes, I understand that, but for me personally...I've already seen Gaslight at those types of shows. I'm assuming many on the forum have as well. So you have those memories, but let the past be the past and let the band grow.
Back to top Go down
Angry Johnny
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Angry Johnny

PostSubject: Re: SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE..   SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 2:52 pm

some of you may be confused, but dont get it twisted. i've never wanted for a band not to get huge so they could be "mine" thats stupid and selfish. maybe you've missed the point.
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE..   SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 3:01 pm

JohnnyC wrote:
Yes, I understand that, but for me personally...I've already seen Gaslight at those types of shows. I'm assuming many on the forum have as well. So you have those memories, but let the past be the past and let the band grow.

Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with you. But can understand why people may not want the bands music or sound to be compromised. But there's no evidence that it'd definatly happen.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE..   SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 3:08 pm

Well, let me just put it this way: if a fan of a band wants them to stay small, it is purely for selfish reasons. You can rationalize it all you want, but unless the band themselves say they don't want to be big (which is not at all the case with Gaslight) it's clearly a case of wanting them to stay small for your benefit, not the band's.
Back to top Go down
Angry Johnny
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Angry Johnny

PostSubject: Re: SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE..   SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 3:20 pm

well, call it what you want. you're entitled to YOUR opinion. so far the only thing i've noticed about the band getting bigger is most of the crowd at the shows have gotten wacker. god for bid you start a pit to any earlier stuff and people are complaing and wining. go stand it the back with your abercrombie shirt on then.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE..   SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 3:21 pm

Again, that's something that's an inconvenience to you, not the band. Playing into my point.
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE..   SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 3:21 pm

Depends whether people feel bigger bands leads to bigger record companies which leads to restrictions and mass marketing. Is that selfish or wanting the band to keep their own sound and edge?

I still agree with you though, I'd love to see Gaslight perform infront of 30,000+ by their own right and still have the memories of seeing them in much smaller venues.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE..   SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 3:34 pm

Palmer89 wrote:

if Gaslight keeps producting this sort of music, I don't really care who knows them or how big they get and good luck to them.

perfect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE..   SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE.. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SOME DOUCHE JUST POSTED THE WHOLE ALBUM ON YOUTUBE..
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next