DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)

Go down 
+30
vamike
ktp
ksupilot
stupendoussven
thecosmickid
stephendgaf
CluckyB
dmac
IKeeptheDiner
lbw87
RobertODonnell
simo
Jay
Jack
steady now steady now
MKULTRA
mademoiselle_k
drzoom22
liveit
Maureen973
TGAFAN25
LoisPennycandy
Jukebox Romeo
rivercities
colmillionaire
Johnny99
steph
Novella
Vibes
tigrr13
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 2:54 pm

from Brian's twitter:

thank you all so much for last night it was the best show to end a great year for us! and, it was a new song. It's called "bring it on"
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 3:03 pm

http://www.eljefedesign.com/posters/gaslightnj.html

this is my favorite poster thus far
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
tigrr13
A Contender
A Contender
tigrr13

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 3:06 pm

thanks Johnny C!!!

i just added the name of the new song per Brian's twitter:

thank you all so much for last night it was the best show to end a great year for us! and, it was a new song. It's called "bring it on"
Back to top Go down
Johnny99
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 3:40 pm

awesome show. the new song was fucking great.
their whole set had an awesome vibe.
i had a great time.
cant wait till the 15th of jan. to see brian solo.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 3:41 pm

Vibes wrote:
from Brian's twitter:

well, as I sent Brian a tweet* asking about it two hours before he replied, I'll take credit for that info New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 3 Icon_rr [not 'afro' smiley, but 'big-headed' smiley]

*@briangaslight I heard it was a great show last night, as one would expect; what was the title of the new song you played?
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 4:24 pm

Audio is starting to go up from the show on this guy's YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/chrisackermann). Hopefully he grabbed Gaslight's set too. I'm trying to contact him now.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 4:24 pm

tigrr13 wrote:
thanks Johnny C!!!

I have to say that although it was a fantastic song, "Bring It On" brings to mind some Disney movie about cheerleaders or something. Thanks for the edit! I've seen them twice before, but this was definitely the longest set I've seen 'em play.

EDIT: On a side note, Communication Redlight were dreadful. No redeeming qualities to their set. No complaints about Gaslight, of course.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 4:31 pm

Update: The guy's YouTube channel has High Lonesome leading me to believe he got more of the set too. And the audio is fantastic. I think we'll get it in the coming hours, guys.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 4:33 pm

there was a guy in front of me taping it, it'll be up no worries
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 4:36 pm

I merged the Bring It On thread and the NJ in December threads since they were talking about the same thing. Feel free to post about the show or the song here, obviously.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 4:51 pm

I'm conflicted as whether to listen to this when the audio surfaces. Part of me wants the new album to be completely fresh when I first play it, part of me can't stand the wait.
Back to top Go down
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 4:52 pm

JohnnyC wrote:
tigrr13 wrote:
thanks Johnny C!!!

I have to say that although it was a fantastic song, "Bring It On" brings to mind some Disney movie about cheerleaders or something. Thanks for the edit! I've seen them twice before, but this was definitely the longest set I've seen 'em play.
^My initial thought. It really sounds like a generic rock song name, but hey, this is TGA we're talking about. And the reviews I've heard so far are pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 4:53 pm

I'll listen to it. I'll listen to 1 song if it surfaces but not 2 or 3. 3 songs is an album killer because you've already heard 1/4 of it when it comes out.
Back to top Go down
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 5:54 pm

Vibes wrote:
Audio is starting to go up from the show on this guy's YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/chrisackermann). Hopefully he grabbed Gaslight's set too. I'm trying to contact him now.
Unfortunately, he says High Lonesome was the only song he recorded. Hopefully another video will surface.
Back to top Go down
lbw87
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 6:11 pm

i knew i shouldve recorded it...damn

i just remember thinking it sounded like a mix of pearl jam and bruce. i dont know why. it has its normal quiet and loud parts, similar to the way backseats gets soft at times and has its rock parts. it has a one line hook that repeats over and over in the chorus

hopefully something surfaces..
Back to top Go down
Jay
A Contender
A Contender
Jay

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 6:30 pm

There's gotta be someone with the audio.

But I'm pretty surprised they even played something new, considering Brian said he didn't like to do that.
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 6:44 pm

It really was like what lbw said. Not completely ,but thats the closest you'll probably get for a comparison.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 7:54 pm

I noticed the pace of the verse was unusually slow and deliberate. Not saying it was a bad thing. But there was definitely a tempo change from the verse to the chorus.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Johnny99
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 7:59 pm

I recall a repeating line about keeping my baby warm.

but it was an awesome song.
i always get really nervous when my favorite bands are about to release new music.
so it is awesome to know that based on the sound of this song, they' still got it.
i am now even more stoked for the next record.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 10:20 pm

the lyrics were really strong on the song and the speed of the verses really allowed them to be featured in the front of the mix. The chorus was very catchy and it sounded to be a love song for someone he's very very very fond of (guessing the wifey)...

I'm really hoping somebody has it on video, the lyrics sounded really awesome and the music was fantastic too...

It was the best song of the night for me
Back to top Go down
dmac
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 10:52 pm

I wish I could remember more about the song... I remember thinking, "is this some cover I don't know?" and then thinking "damn, i gotta figure out what song this is & listen to it when i get home!" then when brian updated his twitter, i was like !!!! lol, especially because he said early on in the show that they couldn't play any new songs... so yeah, it's good!
i think they played the best encore ever... i kept thinking it was going to end, and they kept playing
Back to top Go down
http://dmmaaacccc.tumblr.com
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 12:40 am

Was Communication Redlight playing as a full band? I thought their acoustic stuff was good but recently listened to their full band demo on their site and thought it wasn't very good.
Back to top Go down
dmac
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 12:46 am

Yea, Communication Redlight was playing as a full band. They were all right, but maybe my vision of them was skewed because they played after The Hold Outs, who, in my opinion, were pretty close to terrible... their drummer was all over the place with his tempo (maybe I'm the only one who noticed, but it was driving me crazy)
Back to top Go down
http://dmmaaacccc.tumblr.com
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 12:51 am

Did SideOne not want them playing new stuff or something? That really surprises me, as they strike me as a rather laid back label. Then again, their playing a new song also surprises me. I wish finals had ended a week earlier so I could've flown out to NJ and attended the show =(.

*at this point won't let some poor quality you tube version be his first introduction to the song. I can wait for the single/new album*
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 12:52 am

i only saw vision and thought they were garbage
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next