DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover

Go down 
+8
Stevearm
andy.mac
steph
Dharma Punx PGH
BxNeurotic
Jukebox Romeo
Risenomega
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Risenomega
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover Empty
PostSubject: Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover   Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:19 am

So i was looking back some posts and noticed Brian played Angels Wings by Social D at the Court Tavern show in December. I wasnt able to make this show and now I am seriously frustrated i missed this show. Angels wings is one of my favorite songs ever and to here that Brian played it kills me. If anyone has audio or video posted of this AT ALL PLEASE!!! let me know. It would be greatly appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover   Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:22 am

yeah man, i've been dying to hear this cover. i don't think anyone's got it, though there are a few vids from the show on youtube
Back to top Go down
Risenomega
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover   Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:41 am

But I'm guessing no vid of this??? I've seen quite a few vids. What kills me is that i live pretty close to there and wasnt able to go. The owner of the place said there were people lined outside at 5pm and he didnt go on till 10. No advanced tix and its a reeaall small place. Damn. Angels wings is even my phones ringtone and what not to hear him play that would be great. That or Tom Waits "Closing Time" would be as amazing
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover   Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:46 am

dude, the acoustic version of Angel's Wings is one of the greatest things ever. if i heard Brian sing that live, i probly woulda cried, no joke
Back to top Go down
Risenomega
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover   Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:52 am

When I even found out an acoustic version existed i freaked. It's unreal. I learned how to play it right away. I love it. There has to be a way to get a hold of this thing. I have tons of rare stuff. C'ds from Brians older bands and what not, since i live a few towns over from where he went to high school and have seen him way back in the day. But i'd rather have this cover than all the other random stuff i own. This is pretty rediculous. I imagine there has got to be somthing floating around somewhere.
Back to top Go down
BxNeurotic
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover   Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 7:37 pm

I would KILL to hear this.

Social D has been one of my all-time fave bands since I first heard them 13 years ago, and I think "Angels Wings" is possibly the greatest song they've ever written.

This needs to happen again.
Back to top Go down
Risenomega
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover   Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 9:00 pm

Agreed!!! So either we need to get a copy or somehow get Brian to play it again
Back to top Go down
Dharma Punx PGH
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Dharma Punx PGH

PostSubject: Re: Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover   Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 10:46 pm

Ahh man thats so fuckin rad. I would love to hear this cover..! Angels wings is one of my faves..
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/bertovich
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover   Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 9:25 pm

Did u ever find it?
Back to top Go down
Risenomega
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover   Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 9:49 pm

Sadly no i wish someone would
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover   Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 1:46 am

god, i would kill to hear that! that is one of my favorite social d songs. i would also kill to see them play with social d in germany this summer...lucky germans.
Back to top Go down
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

PostSubject: Re: Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover   Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 8:06 am

steph wrote:
god, i would kill to hear that! that is one of my favorite social d songs. i would also kill to see them play with social d in germany this summer...lucky germans.

You took the words right out of my mouth and to top it all off don't the Germans have awesome beer and pastry delicacies?

That would be some holiday
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover   Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 8:44 pm

evil_romantic wrote:
steph wrote:

You took the words right out of my mouth and to top it all off don't the Germans have awesome beer and pastry delicacies?

That would be some holiday

haha yes! lets go...
Back to top Go down
Annaton

PostSubject: Re: Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover   Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 9:28 pm

Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover 03062009092

Yeeeeehaw! Cool
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover   Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 1:57 am

why would you do that to me?!
Back to top Go down
Stevearm
Wooderson
Wooderson
Stevearm

PostSubject: Re: Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover   Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 4:15 am

wha..what? THEY DID A FREAKIN ANGELS WINGS COVER D:< I WANNA HEAR IT NAO! lol, god i freakin love Social D
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stevearm
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

PostSubject: Re: Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover   Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 7:36 am

Can't read German, but I bet the the stuff in the bottom left hand corner of those tickets reads something along the lines of:

'Social Distortion and The Gaslight Anthem are proud to present to you the greatest night of your life'
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover   Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 10:46 pm

Wow, I'd kill to hear this cover. I just heard this song for the first time (somehow) and it blew me away. I may have to finagle a way to get this onto the forum.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover   Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 1:01 am

someone taped the whole show at the Court Tavern, but they somehow didn't get OWL and this song. i was pissed. it's on vimeo and in the Tour section of this forum
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover   Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 2:03 am

I've got shenanigans planned, stay tuned kids
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover   Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 4:22 am

dont get us excited for nothin'!
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover   Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 4:23 am

I'm not making any promises but I have something in mind
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover   Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 4:27 am

i wonder if he will do that at the show they play with social d in germany soon! and i know someone on here posted their tickets for that show...hey person you better record that show!
Back to top Go down
Dharma Punx PGH
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Dharma Punx PGH

PostSubject: Re: Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover   Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 6:22 pm

Any news on this cover from anyone yet???
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/bertovich
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover   Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 3:11 pm

I think someone uploaded the song in the Audio Rips Master List section...I couldn't download it on my computer, but I think it's there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover   Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian's "Angels Wings" Social D Cover
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next