DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)

Go down 
+30
vamike
ktp
ksupilot
stupendoussven
thecosmickid
stephendgaf
CluckyB
dmac
IKeeptheDiner
lbw87
RobertODonnell
simo
Jay
Jack
steady now steady now
MKULTRA
mademoiselle_k
drzoom22
liveit
Maureen973
TGAFAN25
LoisPennycandy
Jukebox Romeo
rivercities
colmillionaire
Johnny99
steph
Novella
Vibes
tigrr13
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Johnny99
A Contender
A Contender

New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 9:39 pm

dr zoom and the sonic boom?
Back to top Go down
drzoom22
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 9:42 pm

Johnny99 wrote:
dr zoom and the sonic boom?

No just drzoom! Got into this band from the boss though!
Back to top Go down
Johnny99
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 9:46 pm

oh haha
i thought it was a boss reference.
as he used to be dr zoom of dr zoom and the sonic boom.
i love the boss
Back to top Go down
drzoom22
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 10:01 pm

Yes it is a Boss reference. Sorry I misunderstood you. I'm really into Gaslight! I haven't been this much into a band since Bruce! I'm collecting all the boots of these shows and can't wait till 12/11. I'm 42 so I'll probably be the oldest cat there!
Back to top Go down
Johnny99
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 4:54 pm

hah hell yea,
i caught the first 3 GS shows which were all amazing.
and i just got to meet the big man at his barnes and noble book signing and q&a thing, it was really cool.
though im only 22
hah, so the glory days were well before my time.
Back to top Go down
mademoiselle_k
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
mademoiselle_k

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 3:18 pm

bought a ticket for this show.... for a friend. hope he enjoys it.
Back to top Go down
http://semiautonomouscollective.wordpress.com
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 3:39 pm

drzoom22 wrote:
Yes it is a Boss reference. Sorry I misunderstood you. I'm really into Gaslight! I haven't been this much into a band since Bruce! I'm collecting all the boots of these shows and can't wait till 12/11. I'm 42 so I'll probably be the oldest cat there!

My dad is 56 so no worries. I heard a rumor Vision is opening, can anyone confirm this? What have you guys heard?
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 10:46 am

Show is going to be very very very weird. Vision, Communication Redlight, and The Hold Outs are opening
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 12:57 am

Who else is getting pumped?

I'm taking my cousin for his first GA show.... He's 40 and I'm really curious to see what he's got to say about them; he used to play in some small bands in NYC for awhile, so he's got a good sense of what it takes to be a great band.

Who's going to be there too?

Anybody know anything about the openers?
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 2:18 am

I've seen vision and the hold outs. They are both hardcore/punk bands from jersey. hold outs might play 15-20 minutes tops, I wasn't too into them. vision will play for awhile maybe 40 minutes, they opened up for the souls last HFTH. Vision is really fun if you know all of their lyrics.
Back to top Go down
Johnny99
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 3:58 am

lol vision is good. i saw them once with the souls like 4 or 5 years ago.
but i always end up laughing at them.
why?
because when i was growin up everyone knew them for that song Closed Minded (because it was on punk o rama 5)
and its just a really really unintentionally funny song because of the spoken bridge.
it makes me laugh everytime, and people went fucking wild when they closed with it last time i saw them.
Back to top Go down
ACA

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 12:06 pm

I've got an extra ticket for tonight.. let me know if you're interested:

acax1985 at gmail dot com
acax1985 on AIM
intunemusiconline.com/contact

I live outside Montclair Smile
Back to top Go down
cheddar

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 3:41 pm

Anyone know about what time GA hits the stage tonight? It's my first show and I want to be there on time, but I may have to work late. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 6:46 pm

Gaslight come on at 10 and the show is sold out. I'm really stoked to see the energy after they've had a mini break.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 3:48 am

NEW SONG WAS AWESOME
Back to top Go down
JohnnyCL

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 4:04 am

I was there. New song was great. I loved Brian's intro: "This is just a song like any other song" or something to that effect.
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 4:58 am

can anyone offer any opinions or observations about the new song TGA performed? thanks. hopefully we get a good recording!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 7:10 am

WingsForWheels wrote:
can anyone offer any opinions or observations about the new song TGA performed? thanks. hopefully we get a good recording!

a new song after all?

in another thread I had thought this unlikely, given what Brian had once said about new songs
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/tour-f3/does-the-gaslight-anthem-ever-play-new-songs-at-their-shows-t1504.htm
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 7:13 am

i dont know if it was a new song, or a little known cover....

listening to it i thought "wow this is a perfect song for gaslight to play", in all honesty it was the highlight of the show for me; stopped me dead in my tracks, i'm just not sure it's a new song or a cover of a song that isn't very famous or famous at all.....
Back to top Go down
WoodyJoe

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 10:37 am

The song was solid. Sounded like it was off Senor and the Queen almost. However, I too think it was a not well known cover.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 11:51 am

I highly doubt it was a little-known cover. You'd think it wouldn't
have that intro: "This is a song like any other song" or whatever it
was. And I've been searching for some lyric matches on google and
haven't found anything. Pretty sure that was a new one. And it was
great, too.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 12:04 pm

I posted the setlist at setlist.fm. Here's the link. I'm positive this is completely accurate.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-gaslight-anthem/2009/wellmont-theatre-montclair-nj-13d711f9.html
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 12:29 pm

He had to say it was a song like any other cause people from Side One were at the show. The Alex's were providing backup vocals that you could actually hear, and it sounded really good. Was he saying something about "malor"?
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 12:58 pm

Yeah, that's what I meant. He had to sneak it in and not say something like "This is a new one" like most bands do.

I don't remember too many lyrics but I remember something about "the children you want to raise" in the chorus. And the "wait a minute!" bridge was pretty memorable as well.
Back to top Go down
Jay
A Contender
A Contender
Jay

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 1:59 pm

Man, now I really wish I was there.

Anybody know if anyone recorded the show?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next