DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)

Go down 
+30
vamike
ktp
ksupilot
stupendoussven
thecosmickid
stephendgaf
CluckyB
dmac
IKeeptheDiner
lbw87
RobertODonnell
simo
Jay
Jack
steady now steady now
MKULTRA
mademoiselle_k
drzoom22
liveit
Maureen973
TGAFAN25
LoisPennycandy
Jukebox Romeo
rivercities
colmillionaire
Johnny99
steph
Novella
Vibes
tigrr13
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 2:23 pm

this is the first time i think this board has disappointed me.
shocked no one has this or havent found it.
lol
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 2:39 pm

I'm really shocked too. Usually there's at least one copy somewhere that snakes out.

Give it time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
vamike
Wooderson
Wooderson
vamike

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 6:36 am

this time I'll wait till I have the full album to listen to. no crappy live videos, no 30sec preview shit, nothing
Back to top Go down
SouthJerseyTGA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
SouthJerseyTGA

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 8:26 pm

I totally had part of the song, about 25 seconds of it...

Problem is, I recorded it on my brand new Droid. (Which i had NO idea how to operate). When I went in to Zoom, it stopped and I accidentily erased it. SO mad.

With that said, it was an incredible show. One of the best of my life. 8 song encore=ridiculous.

Last edited by SouthJerseyTGA on Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 8:33 pm

This song has some kind of protective curse or something xD
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 10:09 pm

sad.
Back to top Go down
dmac
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 2:16 am

SouthJerseyTGA wrote:

Problem is, I recorded it on my brand new Droid. (Which is had NO idea how to operate). When I went in to Zoom, it stopped and I accidentily erased it. SO mad.

With that said, it was an incredible show. One of the best of my life. 8 song encore=ridiculous.

THAT ENCORE STILL BLOWS MY MIND!
Back to top Go down
http://dmmaaacccc.tumblr.com
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 7:40 am

SouthJerseyTGA wrote:
8 song encore=ridiculous.

it's all relative though; sure, for a TGA show that is a real treat, and you get a lot of songs anyway, but ...

my favourite Boss encore was at Cardiff in 2008: Jungleland, Thunder Road, Born to Run, Rosalita, American Land (ok, he usually plays these songs anyway, but to get them bundled in the encore was a real treat)

I hope that once TGA have a few more albums under their belt, we get Boss sized 3 hour sets
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
dmac
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 11:41 am

Yeah, of course... I think that's why it was so exciting, because they don't have a ton of material... I thought the encore was going to end a few times and they kept going... after "We're getting a divorce..." I was like for sure it's over, then they played "The Backseat."
I certainly hope they can one day play concerts as epic as Springsteen
Back to top Go down
SouthJerseyTGA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
SouthJerseyTGA

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 2:42 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
SouthJerseyTGA wrote:
8 song encore=ridiculous.

it's all relative though; sure, for a TGA show that is a real treat, and you get a lot of songs anyway, but ...

my favourite Boss encore was at Cardiff in 2008: Jungleland, Thunder Road, Born to Run, Rosalita, American Land (ok, he usually plays these songs anyway, but to get them bundled in the encore was a real treat)

I hope that once TGA have a few more albums under their belt, we get Boss sized 3 hour sets

SteadyNowSteadyNow, you would've enjoyed the Springsteen shows I went to when he closed out the Spectrum Arena in Philadelphia. Not sure if your familiar with that arena, but it's the most significant building in Springsteen's career... The last show he played there (Oct 20) may have been his best set ever... Check out the review on backstreets.

The Price You Pay (with Curt Ramm)
Wrecking Ball (with Curt Ramm)
Out in the Street
Hungry Heart
Working on a Dream
Born in the U.S.A.
Cover Me
Darlington County
Working on the Highway
Downbound Train
I'm on Fire
No Surrender
Bobby Jean
I'm Goin' Down
Glory Days
Dancing in the Dark
My Hometown

The Promised Land
The River
Long Walk Home
The Rising
Born to Run
Higher and Higher (with Curt Ramm)
Spirit in the Night (with Vini Lopez)
Loose Ends
Kitty's Back (with Curt Ramm)
American Land (with Curt Ramm)
Save the Last Dance for Me
Waitin' on a Sunny Day
Thunder Road
Rosalita (with Curt Ramm)

Last edited by SouthJerseyTGA on Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SouthJerseyTGA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
SouthJerseyTGA

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 2:49 pm

nosirimokay wrote:
SouthJerseyTGA wrote:

Problem is, I recorded it on my brand new Droid. (Which is had NO idea how to operate). When I went in to Zoom, it stopped and I accidentily erased it. SO mad.

THAT ENCORE STILL BLOWS MY MIND!

When the members for the other bands came on stage during The Backseat, you could tell they themselves were just blown away. Going to be hard to find a better song for them to close their set with from here on out, but I'm willing to hear them try!
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 1:27 am

still dont like the backseat. i'll take divorce for a closer over that anyday.
Back to top Go down
SouthJerseyTGA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
SouthJerseyTGA

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 12:50 pm

i like divorce better as first set closer, before the encore... i agree though, it's still a great way to close a show.

But I still take backseat.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 5:05 pm

I'd argue the opposite. I can't see it getting much better than echoing "Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best that you can" to close out a show, while backseat would make a good first set closer.
Back to top Go down
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 7:27 pm

Yeah, I agree, the backseat is a great standard set closer but for the encore closer it should be different ones all the time, so you'll never know if they'll stop after that song. Divorce is great though...
Back to top Go down
dmac
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 10:09 pm

"Divorce" is a great way to end the show, but I'm happy they played "The Backseat" after it at that show... just because they closed the encore with "divorce" the last two shows i went to...
In a dorky kind of way, I want them to begin the encore with "divorce" ...like go off stage, then have "Ready or not, here they come... It's zombie time!" play from a speaker or something, then go right into it. idk, I think that'd be pretty badass. =]
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 7:28 pm

Amazed this hasn't come up anyway.

Some guy recorded all but one of the songs in the set...that being Bring It On, another somehow deleted it. The amount of people who record parts of shows now, someone must have it somewhere.

Alas, I'd love for it not too, if it'll be on the new album that is, theu're bound to record better stuff and change the tracklisting about a bit.

I loved The Backseat as a climax to the show, they played that once and SID twice I think when I seen them, I think I preffered SID. It's just a brilliant way to end a set, it's one last get up and go for it song, I think the lyrics just suit it as a final song 'we're having a party, everybodys swinging'

Damn right Brian, we are.

Although I agree it should be different each time, I find it hard to look beyond SID as a set closer.
Back to top Go down
dmac
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 11:26 pm

I'm happy no one leaked a recording of "Bring it On." They were worried about that and I feel like anyone who may have the recording did the right thing by not putting it on the internet... Maybe I'm alone here... but as an attendee, I felt it was special that they did it for us and idk... it'd spoil the whole thing for it to be readily available for anyone on youtube or what-have-you.
But maybe I'm just being selfish =\
Back to top Go down
DaveSavedTheDay
A Contender
A Contender
DaveSavedTheDay

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 11:35 pm

To be honest, part of me doesn't even want to hear it. I want to wait until the entire album is around before listening.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scheponik.com
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 3:43 am

It wasn't in the cards. The music gods have spoken.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 8:07 am

nosirimokay wrote:
I'm happy no one leaked a recording of "Bring it On." They were worried about that and I feel like anyone who may have the recording did the right thing by not putting it on the internet... Maybe I'm alone here... but as an attendee, I felt it was special that they did it for us and idk... it'd spoil the whole thing for it to be readily available for anyone on youtube or what-have-you.
But maybe I'm just being selfish =\

Certainly.

I'm still annoyed (well, not really) that I went to Reading festival in 2008, was supposed to be Gaslights first ever UK appearance, and then they played a small gig in London the night before.

I suppose it's not a long wait until the new album, I believe it may actually be the first album I'll wait to listen to until release date, apart from the single released prior...maybe.
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 9:09 am

They did and instore not a proper show before Reading they did a show on the Monday afterwards at ULU and it was pretty amazing.
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 9:15 am

So it was...never looked into it that much, assumed Rough Trade East was a venue of some sort, makes me slightly happier that I was there for their first performance in the UK now. There must have been a few rows back of people at most who knew the songs, although, thanks to Kerrang I imagine, they had a fairly large crowd to play to.

Having said that, their first headline/non festival show would have been incredible, shame I was probably having a shower on the monday many miles away after a long weekend...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 10:05 am

hey.
can somebody please post the full lyrics? Smile

thx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)   New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio) - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Song - "Bring It On" (still searching for audio)
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5