DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who's the female singer on Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts?

Go down 
+3
Daire
Jukebox Romeo
simo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

Who's the female singer on Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts? Empty
PostSubject: Who's the female singer on Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts?   Who's the female singer on Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 6:11 pm

Just wondering. Great song.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Who's the female singer on Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts?   Who's the female singer on Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 6:52 pm

i'm pretty sure it's Hollie, Brian's wife. she sings on some track on '59, and there were female vocals on "Five Year Plan" by CRT back in 2004, which i'm guessing were hers too
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: Who's the female singer on Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts?   Who's the female singer on Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 7:25 pm

Yeah. I would have guessed at Hollie too, although I don't have a physical copy of SaTQ so I dunno for sure if it is her. And as JR says, she's credited with backing vocals on T59s too.

She's got a ncie voice whoever it is.
Back to top Go down
tigrr13
A Contender
A Contender
tigrr13

PostSubject: Re: Who's the female singer on Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts?   Who's the female singer on Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 10:38 pm

jet mullen is credited on the cd
http://www.myspace.com/emilysparksmusic
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's the female singer on Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts?   Who's the female singer on Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 7:55 am

This is interesting. I've heard/read somewhere Hollie has done some backing vocals, but if the Sparks lady is credited I'll run with her.
Back to top Go down
xstevenbx
Wooderson
Wooderson
xstevenbx

PostSubject: Re: Who's the female singer on Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts?   Who's the female singer on Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 1:11 pm

Yeah, it's definitely not Hollie. When Senor and the Queen was coming out, they previewed the record on some radio station in Chicago, you could tune in on the internet. They also did a little interview. On this interview one of the guys gave a shoutout to the girl that was on the recording, they gave her name and the name of her band. I do remember checking out the band's myspace and they sounded pretty good.
Back to top Go down
massie1903
A Contender
A Contender
massie1903

PostSubject: Re: Who's the female singer on Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts?   Who's the female singer on Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 2:33 pm

I was going to ask the exact same question.

Amazing song.
Back to top Go down
Emyr
A Contender
A Contender
Emyr

PostSubject: Re: Who's the female singer on Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts?   Who's the female singer on Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 4:01 am

I wonder this almost everytime I listen to it.. yet never thought to ask. Hehe.
Back to top Go down
http://emmaprew.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who's the female singer on Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts?   Who's the female singer on Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who's the female singer on Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts?
Page 1 of 1