DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead...

Go down 
+6
Keeb631
bringiton_ty
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
StitchesOnTheRadio
DeathoftheCool
TGAFAN25
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead... Empty
PostSubject: Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead...   Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 6:17 pm

I was thinking.... What if a famous pop singer (think Katy Perry, Kelly Clarkson, etc.) sang this song as a way to promote the Gaslight Anthem's single...

It'd be really cool to see a viral video bust out if someone SUPER famous covered it and sang it from her perspective... I'm thinking like acoustic on youtube and then shared on twitter.....

I think this song COULD be a huge hit if it was a girl singing to her ex, rather than Brian pretending to be a girl singing to an ex...

Maybe a little underground promotion with some help from someone famous could get the ball rolling big time on this track?

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead...   Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 6:58 pm

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
I was thinking.... What if a famous pop singer (think Katy Perry, Kelly Clarkson, etc.) sang this song as a way to promote the Gaslight Anthem's single...

It'd be really cool to see a viral video bust out if someone SUPER famous covered it and sang it from her perspective... I'm thinking like acoustic on youtube and then shared on twitter.....

I think this song COULD be a huge hit if it was a girl singing to her ex, rather than Brian pretending to be a girl singing to an ex...

Maybe a little underground promotion with some help from someone famous could get the ball rolling big time on this track?

Thoughts?

Idk as a way to promote Gaslight but it's definitely a cool idea. I could see that song being huge sung from a female pop star, then telling people, hey my favorite band wrote that song
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead...   Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 7:49 pm

Sarah made this a while ago. HERE

Sure, she's not a famous pop singer, but it's good enough.

EDIT: Whoops, meant to say Sarah, not Steph! Though Steph is probably a good singer, too...?

Last edited by Matt L on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead...   Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 7:55 pm

Matt L wrote:
Steph made this a while ago. HERE

Sure, she's not a famous pop singer, but it's good enough.

steph can sing???
how can she be any more perfect? I love you
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead...   Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 11:34 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:
rkirkpatrick25 wrote:

Thoughts?

Idk as a way to promote Gaslight but it's definitely a cool idea. I could see that song being huge sung from a female pop star, then telling people, hey my favorite band wrote that song

That would be cool to hear but I'd go nuts going around telling people "That's a gaslight anthem song not a katy perry song!" or whatever. I already do that with Blinded By The Light and Bruce because of the Manfred Mann cover, I don't wanna have to do that with my other favorite artist, haha. But yeah, most people wouldn't realize it was a TGA song so it wouldn't necessarily help them.

Also, I like Katy Perry and Kelly Clarkson, but I think it might make me sick to hear a pop artist singing a gaslight song. It's like having a piece of beautiful white cloth and letting someone wipe their dirty hands on it. It defiles it. Idk that's my own personal opinion. Maybe if a less pop female artist did it that could be cool. Like Steph, haha!
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead...   Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 12:34 am

Absolutely LOVE the cover that was posted.... That's exactly what I'm thinking of, but having a famous name do it, to gather a little momentum around the tune!

Awesome job Steph (sarah?)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead...   Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 1:02 am

Crap, did I say Steph? I meant Sarah. I'm always confusing the two, even though Steph's account name is actually Steph... Whoopsies. Sorry, Sarah, wherever you are!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead...   Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 2:20 am

Matt L wrote:
Crap, did I say Steph? I meant Sarah. I'm always confusing the two, even though Steph's account name is actually Steph... Whoopsies. Sorry, Sarah, wherever you are!

Nice goin'. Way to confuse everyone! geek haha
Back to top Go down
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
A Contender
A Contender
sandyangryjohnnyormary?

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead...   Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 3:10 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
I already do that with Blinded By The Light and Bruce because of the Manfred Mann cover, I don't wanna have to do that with my other favorite artist, haha.

High Five Yay for matching life problems. "This cover's bad." It's not a cover, it's a Springsteen classic! "Dude, you have the words all wrong." No, Mannfred Mann got the words all wrong!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead...   Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 4:03 am

sandyangryjohnnyormary? wrote:
I already do that with Blinded By The Light and Bruce because of the Manfred Mann cover, I don't wanna have to do that with my other favorite artist, haha.

High Five Yay for matching life problems. "This cover's bad." It's not a cover, it's a Springsteen classic! "Dude, you have the words all wrong." No, Mannfred Mann got the words all wrong!

Haha, this is the scenario that usually happens to me.

Person: it's so bright out, i'm blinded.
Person 2: *singing* blinded by the light...
Me: you know who wrote that song?
Person 2: i don't know?/Manfred Mann/who cares
Me: Bruce Springsteen!!!! *walks away annoyed*

Manfred Mann killed that song. It's value comes from how it paints this ridiculous picture of events going on around the singer, it doesn't work unless it's an endless list of information about these characters. Worst. Bruce. Cover. Ever. I hope that never happens to a gaslight song.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead...   Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 4:51 am

Matt L wrote:

Damn. Well change my previous statement from Steph to Sarah then. I love you
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead...   Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 4:52 am

Manfred Mann killed that song. It's value comes from how it paints this ridiculous picture of events going on around the singer, it doesn't work unless it's an endless list of information about these characters. Worst. Bruce. Cover. Ever. I hope that never happens to a gaslight song.

That's actually exactly what I was thinking when Ryan presented this situation
Back to top Go down
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
A Contender
A Contender
sandyangryjohnnyormary?

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead...   Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 6:42 am

Seriously. It's horrible. Way to suck out every bit of the fun, tongue-in-cheek quirkiness and turn it into an overdramatic, overplayed, rock/synth ballad Mr. Mann.
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead...   Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 1:30 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:
rkirkpatrick25 wrote:

Thoughts?

That would be cool to hear but I'd go nuts going around telling people "That's a gaslight anthem song not a katy perry song!" or whatever. I already do that with Blinded By The Light and Bruce because of the Manfred Mann cover, I don't wanna have to do that with my other favorite artist, haha. But yeah, most people wouldn't realize it was a TGA song so it wouldn't necessarily help them.

Also, I like Katy Perry and Kelly Clarkson, but I think it might make me sick to hear a pop artist singing a gaslight song. It's like having a piece of beautiful white cloth and letting someone wipe their dirty hands on it. It defiles it. Idk that's my own personal opinion. Maybe if a less pop female artist did it that could be cool. Like Steph, haha!

completely agree with shelby. i mentioned previous how this song would be an instant hit with the likes of katy perry covering it but.... its just not right, it would be a mockery of TGA if anything to have some manufactured tool abuse it
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead...   Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 5:19 pm

They did kill it but Manfred Mann's version of Blinded is Bruce's only number one song!
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead...   Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 5:40 pm

that is shocking Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead...   Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 8:08 pm

markbarlow wrote:
They did kill it but Manfred Mann's version of Blinded is Bruce's only number one song!

Which is sad because it's really not Bruce's song, it's a rip off of it. You almost can't call it a cover because it's changed so much. But you know I don't get hung up over his lack of #1 songs because he has a bunch of #1 albums and he's I think the 2nd or 3rd highest grossing touring musician or something. Idk what the exact title was.
Back to top Go down
Keeb631
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Keeb631

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead...   Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 9:52 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI0DAx9e-I0

great cover of Here Comes My Man
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ItsCoreyBrah
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead...   Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 12:26 am

I don't like how she sings.... Too much like Rihanna.... The first one by Sarah was amazing!
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead...   Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 12:27 am

She's just not strong in her delivery, it sounds like she's shy about hitting the notes or something... I wish she had a little more hutzpah in her delivery of it..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead...   Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 10:36 am

I love you Why thank you, everybody! Very Happy

I do agree that it would be cool/interesting to hear this song be covered by someone who's well know. Jenny Lewis/Metric/Tegan and Sara/someone like that!
Back to top Go down
barkjon
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead...   Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 9:18 pm

^Metric covering this song would be pretty amazing.
Back to top Go down
pjk
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
pjk

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead...   Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 5:41 am

Honestly, when I first heard "Here Comes My Man", I didn't realize it was from a woman perspective at all. Everything matches a man's perspective as well, except "here comes my man", but I interpreted that more as a friend, not as a man in a relationship. Basically saying, I am going to go hang out with my real friends (men) instead of be in a relationship with you (a girl) anymore.

Like Fallon said, music is awesome in the sense that it only matters how it makes you feel. Even to this day when I listen to "Here Comes My Man", I see it from a man's perspective which I can relate.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead...   Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 6:30 am

I've said this before but it's still funny to me how often you guys (and by this I mean men specifically) are amazed at, fascinated by, or just plain commenting on the fact that you can relate to a song from a girls perspective. It makes me want to talk about every single other song by them and say "hey everyone, it's so cool how I can relate to this song even though it's from a guy's perspective and I'm a girl"

Not saying you can't have that reaction, just pointing out how it's really not that unheard of given that the female fans on here relate to all those guy perspective songs every day. In most songs all you have to do is change the pronouns.
Back to top Go down
pjk
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
pjk

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead...   Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 8:38 am

I've said this before but it's still funny to me how often you guys (and by this I mean men specifically) are amazed at, fascinated by, or just plain commenting on the fact that you can relate to a song from a girls perspective. It makes me want to talk about every single other song by them and say "hey everyone, it's so cool how I can relate to this song even though it's from a guy's perspective and I'm a girl"

Not saying you can't have that reaction, just pointing out how it's really not that unheard of given that the female fans on here relate to all those guy perspective songs every day. In most songs all you have to do is change the pronouns.
It isn't amazing, just interesting. I've listened to countless female singers sing about things that I can relate to, even though it is from their perspective. The thing that makes it unique is how often do you see a male band write from a woman's perspective? Why even attempt it? What is the point? I'm not suggesting it is wrong, just curious what their thoughts were. Have you seen a female singer write from a man's? Is the objective to gain more fans from the opposite sex? Nonetheless, good song indeed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead...   Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Here Comes My Man- with female singer instead...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next