DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

chris' mixtape:late but ace

Go down 
+2
Jukebox Romeo
Chris
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

chris' mixtape:late but ace Empty
PostSubject: chris' mixtape:late but ace   chris' mixtape:late but ace Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 11:34 am

hey folks,
ok,my mixtape is up now,still sorry that you had to wait for it.hope you like it and that there are new bands to discover for you.i left out things like against me!,bruce springsteen and, of course, the gaslight anthem,cause i guess you all know them Wink

heres the tracklist:
01.Firewater - This is my life
02.We Were Promised Jetpacks - Quiet Little Voices
03.Young Chinese Dogs - Sugar Sticky
04.Little Man Tate - London Skyes,London Eyes
05.Dizzee Rascal - Bonkers
06.The Casting Out - Liar
07.Two Gallanst - Steady Rollin'
08.Sophia - Oh My Love
09.The Raconteurs - Steady as she goes
10.Bob Dylan - Masters Of War
11.Jets To Brazil - Perfecting Loneliness
12.Hot Water Music - Turnstile
13.Bloc Party - This Modern Love
14.Iron & Wine - House By The Sea
15.Eels - I'm going to stop pretending that I didn't break your hear
16.Port O'Brien - My Eyes Won't Shut
17.Placebo - Song to Say Good-bye

and here's the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?tlmel0loryn

hope you like it,later I'll post some information why I chose these songs.still have to work for my oral presentation tomorrow! No

see you soon
chris
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: chris' mixtape:late but ace   chris' mixtape:late but ace Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 5:38 pm

haven't heard of a lot of these bands, but Turnstile is probly the song i'd most want to hear at a show. so intense. i've been meaning to check out some of these bands too, like Jets To Brazil and Two Gallants
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: chris' mixtape:late but ace   chris' mixtape:late but ace Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 6:03 pm

Any mix with Iron & Wine and the Raconteurs has definitely got my ear! Will listen tonight.
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000
stupendoussven
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
stupendoussven

PostSubject: Re: chris' mixtape:late but ace   chris' mixtape:late but ace Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 12:43 am

I seriously considered putting steady as she goes on my mix, that song is great. cant wait to give your mixtape a listen
Back to top Go down
http://sirsvenjensen.tumblr.com
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: chris' mixtape:late but ace   chris' mixtape:late but ace Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 1:46 am

Well hey, either of you guys checked out Jack White's newest band, The Dead Weather? It's basically the Raconteurs + a female vocalist, and less bluesy.. but that's a really shallow description of it.
I've got a link to the entire album streaming in the Other Bands thread.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: chris' mixtape:late but ace   chris' mixtape:late but ace Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 11:20 pm

Nice pick on Firewater. Raconteurs are great as well, and of course Dylan. Outside of those I'm not too familiar with anyone on the list.
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: chris' mixtape:late but ace   chris' mixtape:late but ace Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 12:37 am

Poll time! I'll do a write up soon Chris.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: chris' mixtape:late but ace   chris' mixtape:late but ace Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 11:56 am

I don't have a detailed opinion to post yet as I've only listened to the first half, but right off the bat I have to say this is my favorite mix tape so far. It really hits the kind of music I like! Found some new great bands in this one, thanks!
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: chris' mixtape:late but ace   chris' mixtape:late but ace Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 4:11 am

01.Firewater - This is my life - very different to what i usually listen to, but I like it. I love the variety people who love TGA have in their music!

02.We Were Promised Jetpacks - Quiet Little Voices - Nice song, really like the intro. I'm going to check these guys out!

03.Young Chinese Dogs - Sugar Sticky - Maddd guitar!!! not bad. DIdnt really like the effects on his voice, but still, pretty good.

04.Little Man Tate - London Skyes,London Eyes - Sick bass line! Alright song, not my favourite though.

05.Dizzee Rascal - Bonkers - I'd heard this before and hadnt really enjoyed it. It's alright, although i find it more annoying the more i listen to it!

06.The Casting Out - Liar - Very pop-punk soundingin the intro, but it loses that feel when his voice comes in and then it comes back for the chorus. Pretty good song, it rocks pretty hard.

07.Two Gallanst - Steady Rollin' - Nice song. Reminds me of The Wombats doing an acoustic song, and some other band I can't think of now. I love his accent.

08.Sophia - Oh My Love - AWESOME. The guitar in the intro is soo good. The song is very sad, without looking into the lyrics.

09.The Raconteurs - Steady as she goes - I've heard this before. It's pretty good, but the riff annoys me a bit. The song is pretty typical of Jack White i think.

10.Bob Dylan - Masters Of War - The lyrics in this song are great. Bob Dylan's amazing.

11.Jets To Brazil - Perfecting Loneliness - Too many cymbals! , but other than that, a good song. The singers voice is great, especially when he says "sometime" at the end of the choruses. Sounds like Tom Gabel.

12.Hot Water Music - Turnstile - One of my favourite tracks by HWM. enough said.

13.Bloc Party - This Modern Love - I hadn't heard this bloc party song, even though I have all 3 of their albums. Caught me by suprise, and I really enjoyed it. I love the mono sound, each speaker plays a different part.

14.Iron & Wine - House By The Sea - Not bad song, not really my thing. Although i see the beauty in it. Especially the last minute.

15.Eels - I'm going to stop pretending that I didn't break your heart - Amazing. So beautiful and slow and meaningful. The start reminds me of Hallelujah, by Jeff Buckley, but instead of the sigh, the whispered counting!

16.Port O'Brien - My Eyes Won't Shut - The best POB song I've heard. I never really liked I woke up today much. It's pretty good, but i dont love it.

17.Placebo - Song to Say Good-bye - A good song, especially to finish. Thanks for the mixtape Chris. I really enjoyed it. When e7c gets back and adds a poll, 4 stars!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: chris' mixtape:late but ace   chris' mixtape:late but ace Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

chris' mixtape:late but ace
Page 1 of 1