DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gaslight supporting Green Day UK?

Go down 
+11
fivelongdays
bradcooke
steady now steady now
LBAZ
Jukebox Romeo
I Came To Dance
lynchyeatspizza
Vibes
steph
Stalls_Standing
Palmer89
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

Gaslight supporting Green Day UK? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaslight supporting Green Day UK?   Gaslight supporting Green Day UK? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 4:43 pm

Looking at the fall tour dates it's not possible for them to tour Green Day anymore anyway, unless it was a one off for the Wembley date.
Back to top Go down
bradcooke
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight supporting Green Day UK?   Gaslight supporting Green Day UK? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 10:42 pm

Palmer89 wrote:
Looking at the fall tour dates it's not possible for them to tour Green Day anymore anyway, unless it was a one off for the Wembley date.
Bullet = Dodged.

Has anyone actually listened to this new Green Day album? How do they still have fans?
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight supporting Green Day UK?   Gaslight supporting Green Day UK? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 11:58 pm

My brother loves it, but he's 13 years old and loves his 'punk rock'. I should probably break the news to him, there not punk anymore. Oh well.I havn't really listened to it. Heard a few tracks but not a full listen. Is it worth a listen? Or will it be a waste of an hour?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911
bradcooke
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight supporting Green Day UK?   Gaslight supporting Green Day UK? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 5:54 am

Well that song wastes 3-4 minutes of my day everytime i hear it on the radio so...
I bet if you listen to it enough though there's probably a hidden gem somewhere. I'm not prepared to do that though Smile
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight supporting Green Day UK?   Gaslight supporting Green Day UK? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 8:16 am

I got the album and think it's damn good...

It's popular to dislike Green Day now, they aren'y what they once were but they've matured, no more songs about masturbation and drugs.

Thats no bad thing, their new stuff you either love or hate, i love their old and new stuff...kill me. Cool
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight supporting Green Day UK?   Gaslight supporting Green Day UK? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 10:18 am

The new album is really good. It grew on me pretty quick.

There are a lot of Warning-esque type songs and it's awesome.

I still consider them punk because, well, they are a punk band.
The only thing that annoys me on this album is the self-indulgent piano playing.
21st Century Breakdown is a great song
KYE not so much
Viva La Gloria - once you get past the piano it's amazing
Before The Lobobotomy - once you get past the shitty intro its amazing

The last 5 tracks are amazing too,

Great album!
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight supporting Green Day UK?   Gaslight supporting Green Day UK? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 10:37 am

i cant stand green day's old or new stuff. i've never understood what all the hoopla was about. they've always been and always will be a generic punk band, which has now morphed into a generic punk-pop band. their lyrics have also always been sophomoric. instead of masterbation and drugs (which were cool to talk about when they were younger) they write songs about politics (which is now cool to talk about- especially being liberal and bashing conservatives).

GD sucks and I'll be VERY disappointed if Gaslight tours with a band that is so clearly a bunch of garbage.
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight supporting Green Day UK?   Gaslight supporting Green Day UK? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 10:48 am

they're always been a pop punk band, i think their lyrics are brilliant.

Of course the bands lyrics are gonna change as they grow up, the same way everyone changes what they talk about as they grow up
Back to top Go down
Snap
A Contender
A Contender
Snap

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight supporting Green Day UK?   Gaslight supporting Green Day UK? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 2:05 pm

Quote :
Of course the bands lyrics are gonna change as they grow up, the same way everyone changes what they talk about as they grow up
Sorry to dwell on the whole Green Day discussion, but I agree with Stalls. It's not so much them being a 'generic punk/ pop-punk band'. Like the Trio who have changed pretty drastically with their latest album, Green Day's music has changed with the times and it's not really an argument to dwell on 'how much better they were' all those years ago compared to what they are playing now.
Like most bands they grow, different styles and tastes develop and they want to try something new with their music, regardless of how different it sounds and whether old fans will like it. It wouldn't make sense for them to carry on writing like they were when they were teenagers. I'm sure people would be more pissed off if they did carry on writing songs like the ones off say Kerplunk and Dookie, as those are special for that exact reason; they're not being constantly repeated.

To be fair, i've not listened to the new album yet, but I will soon when I get round to it. I just think if you don't like it, fine, don't listen to it. It's obvious they split the popularity polls. But if you do like their music, then that's just as great.

Now as for Gaslight touring with them, who really knows what could happen... I think it'd be interesting to see the crowd reactions, but looking at the tour dates and what others have said on here I doubt it'd happen.

Sorry that's so long, just wanted to input Cool
Back to top Go down
bradcooke
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight supporting Green Day UK?   Gaslight supporting Green Day UK? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 4:54 am

Stalls_Standing wrote:
There are a lot of Warning-esque type songs and it's awesome.

I still consider them punk because, well, they are a punk band.
The only thing that annoys me on this album is the self-indulgent piano playing.
21st Century Breakdown is a great song
KYE not so much
Viva La Gloria - once you get past the piano it's amazing
Before The Lobobotomy - once you get past the shitty intro its amazing

The last 5 tracks are amazing too,

Great album!
So once you get past the shitty parts of the song they're 'amazing'??
Warning was amazing minus the lyrics and the instrumental parts then.
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight supporting Green Day UK?   Gaslight supporting Green Day UK? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 11:59 am

No not at all. Viva La Gloria is a classic Green Day song, just the piano intro is fucking annoying. I'd rather get to the GLOOOOORIIAAAA!! straight away.

Warning is an amazing album!!
Back to top Go down
JadedGoober7
A Contender
A Contender
JadedGoober7

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight supporting Green Day UK?   Gaslight supporting Green Day UK? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 2:08 pm

Stalls_Standing wrote:
No not at all. Viva La Gloria is a classic Green Day song, just the piano intro is fucking annoying. I'd rather get to the GLOOOOORIIAAAA!! straight away.

Warning is a mediocre album!!

Fixed!

American Idiot was a plagiarists paradise and the new one is a bloated overblown ego fest.

Fact!
Back to top Go down
waltzingseñora
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
waltzingseñora

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight supporting Green Day UK?   Gaslight supporting Green Day UK? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 11:42 am

Palmer89 wrote:
I got the album and think it's damn good...

It's popular to dislike Green Day now, they aren'y what they once were but they've matured, no more songs about masturbation and drugs.

Thats no bad thing, their new stuff you either love or hate, i love their old and new stuff...kill me. Cool

(Okay, I know this is an old thread)
I love their old and new stuff as well! The fact that they became "mainstream" isn't a reason to say that they're a crappy band. If you think it that way, then Bob Dylan is crappy too. So is Deep Purple. Neutral
AND YES, they have matured! They're almost 40 years old, damnit! How can you expect stuff from them that are similar to Dookie, they have matured...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight supporting Green Day UK?   Gaslight supporting Green Day UK? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gaslight supporting Green Day UK?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2