DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013

Go down 
+20
StitchesOnTheRadio
Labhras
03aarm
Asa_Gaslight_Fan
Jack
straswell
ral
simo
Camus
steph
brucesboots
joshyboytyler
DeathoftheCool
enola
TGAFAN25
Christophe
The Last Jukebox Romeo
beckiee1993
borrowedcar
f1schu111
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
f1schu111
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013   Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 9:54 am

One Word For This DELIGHTED Smile
Back to top Go down
borrowedcar
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013   Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 3:16 am

couldn't find it on TGA website, link?
Back to top Go down
beckiee1993
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
beckiee1993

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013   Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 6:58 am

I can't find it on TGA website but here's a link to another site, http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/177324/9
Back to top Go down
f1schu111
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013   Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 12:36 pm

Here u go it's on wembleys website. I wish bands would keep there fans up to date on there websites. http://www.wembleystadium.com/Events/2013/The-Killers/22-June-2013
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013   Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 1:33 pm

hmmm in an ideal world its The Killers are opening up for Gaslight.

By the way, am I the only here who isnt a Killers fan? Seems they have a lot of followers on this site but i've never really thought of them as anything special. Does anyone has any song suggestions to maybe change my mind?
Back to top Go down
borrowedcar
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013   Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 1:37 pm

dustland fairytale, this river is wild, sam's town

also, battle born seemed like the killers attempt at a TGA record imo so it seems neat that they are now opening
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013   Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 1:38 pm

The Last Jukebox Romeo wrote:
hmmm in an ideal world its The Killers are opening up for Gaslight.

By the way, am I the only here who isnt a Killers fan? Seems they have a lot of followers on this site but i've never really thought of them as anything special. Does anyone has any song suggestions to maybe change my mind?

I was always a bit lukewarm towards The Killers but now I really like their music. Their latest album Battle Born is their best in my opinion. Check out the title track, From Here On Out, Here With Me and Runaways and Miss Atomic Bomb. I think Brandon Flowers has a great voice and is a really good songwriter and shares similar themes to Gaslight in a lot of ways.
Back to top Go down
f1schu111
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013   Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 3:09 pm

Everyone i know that has seen the killers live say there amazing live n then went and bought there records. Maybe they are one of them bands u have to see live to fully appreciate them. when you were young is good tune.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013   Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 8:46 pm

Pretty awesome opportunity for Gaslight Smile
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013   Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 3:35 am

Just for your info there's a thread with all EU/UK dates here:
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/t4804-eu-uk-tour-2013

Wembley has been added and discussed there some while ago. You can check out this post regularly so you won't miss out on any dates Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013   Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 4:08 am

can't wait to see footage from this show, SHEEIT
Back to top Go down
joshyboytyler
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
joshyboytyler

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013   Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 9:36 am

I vaguely remember an old interview on YT, maybe with Alex R and Benny where they say they don't like The Killers. Bit of gossipy shit stirring from me here. Gunna be a great show though
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013   Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 12:12 pm

I will be there for TGA , dont get the Killers at all, if they dont do anything for me guess i will head for the M1 early. Any plans of a meet up before Wembley, will be hard at such a big venue for the regular European Gaslight front row.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013   Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 3:22 pm

joshyboytyler wrote:
I vaguely remember an old interview on YT, maybe with Alex R and Benny where they say they don't like The Killers. Bit of gossipy shit stirring from me here. Gunna be a great show though

ummm YEAH totally remember this, first thing i thought of when i saw this topic, how did they agree to this? haha
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013   Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 4:02 pm

Aaaaaaanyone with spare tickets?
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013   Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 4:03 pm

steph wrote:
joshyboytyler wrote:

ummm YEAH totally remember this, first thing i thought of when i saw this topic, how did they agree to this? haha

I don't know, there are a lot of bands I'm not super into but would still totally play a show with if I had the opportunity.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013   Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 4:04 pm

steph wrote:
joshyboytyler wrote:
I too remembered this and found an old interview Benny did with someone on PunkNews.org in mid-2009 (http://www.punknews.org/article/34584/interviews-benny-horowitz-the-gaslight-anthem). Here's the relevant quote regarding being compared to them.

Quote :
BH: It's the Killers ones that piss me off. I've seen that a couple times and that makes me mad. Those guys are a bunch of fucking corndicks.

The Killers? Really? I don't see that connection at all.

BH: There's a couple songs on Sam's Town where I guess I can see something, just because they are song oriented. But just the way those guys present themselves and their whole vibe and all that shit, has got nothing to do with us. So when I hear that I'm like "Fuck! The Killers? I hate that band! Just stop."

Benny's the best.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013   Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 4:15 pm

ral wrote:
steph wrote:
joshyboytyler wrote:
I too remembered this and found an old interview Benny did with someone on PunkNews.org in mid-2009 (http://www.punknews.org/article/34584/interviews-benny-horowitz-the-gaslight-anthem). Here's the relevant quote regarding being compared to them.

Quote :
BH: It's the Killers ones that piss me off. I've seen that a couple times and that makes me mad. Those guys are a bunch of fucking corndicks.

The Killers? Really? I don't see that connection at all.

BH: There's a couple songs on Sam's Town where I guess I can see something, just because they are song oriented. But just the way those guys present themselves and their whole vibe and all that shit, has got nothing to do with us. So when I hear that I'm like "Fuck! The Killers? I hate that band! Just stop."

Benny's the best.

exactly haha. just have to wonder what Benny's reaction to that offer was Razz
Back to top Go down
straswell
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
straswell

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013   Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013 Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 10:19 am

If you are out on The Killers then you have obviously have never seen their live show. One of the best live acts to see in an arena. Most bands can't pull that off. Pairing them with Gaslight is goddamn perfect.

Check their Live from Royal Albert Hall Blu ray - smoke a bowl - blow out your mind

https://youtu.be/CCW_9m-X2IE
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013   Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013 Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 11:05 am

Even if they don't like The Killers, it's Wembley fucking Stadium. That's a huge opportunity. They'd be fools to turn that offer down. Good thing they didn't.

On a side note, I'm seeing the Killers tonight and going to a VIP party beforehand. Oh yeah. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Asa_Gaslight_Fan
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013   Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013 Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 5:21 pm

Sorry to be that guy, but, with a heavy heart, I'm selling my a ticket/hotel package for this gig. (Never been more gutted about missing a gig in my life, Gaslight at Wembley would have been insane!). I'd rather this go to real gaslight fans who will enjoy Brian Fallon in all his glory as opposed to Killers fans (not that there's anything wrong with killers fans, ha, the killers do put on a pretty good live show!). The forum won't let me post the link as I'm a new member, (no idea why I've never signed up for this before, I use the "audio" section all the time, ha!), so either message me on here or search for "The Killers/Gaslight Anthem: Ticket and Hilton Hotel Package for 2 People" on ebay! If you know any people who might want this, let them know! Thanks in advance!
Asa
Back to top Go down
03aarm
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
03aarm

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013   Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 5:41 pm

Went to the show yesterday and I think whoever mixed the sound let the band down massively. Brian's vocal was completely drowned out and the bass drum was well too loud. I don't think it helps the fact all three guitar players are using les pauls and can someone explain to me what Ian Perkins actually brings to the table ?? I'm sure he's a decent musician and nice guy but for me there is no need for him to be there. Maybe i'm just overreacting due to the overall terrible sound from yesterday but yeah disappointed !!! The Killers were very good, best i've seen them to be honest. I was also very impressed with James.
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013   Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 5:50 pm

03aarm wrote:
Went to the show yesterday and I think whoever mixed the sound let the band down massively. Brian's vocal was completely drowned out and the bass drum was well too loud. I don't think it helps the fact all three guitar players are using les pauls and can someone explain to me what Ian Perkins actually brings to the table ?? I'm sure he's a decent musician and nice guy but for me there is no need for him to be there. Maybe i'm just overreacting due to the overall terrible sound from yesterday but yeah disappointed !!! The Killers were very good, best i've seen them to be honest. I was also very impressed with James.
he sings in the middle of 45
Back to top Go down
f1schu111
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013   Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 6:23 pm

I thought they did a really good job
setlist was:

Handwritten
59 Sound
Biloxi Parish
American Slang
Mulholland Drive
To Much Blood
Here Come's My Man
Here's Looking At U Kid
The Backseat

Sound wasn't right for first half of the first song but improved after that.
The crowd seemed to dig them, heard a few good comments from people about me but as u would expect most people had never heard of them before. but i think a few people will now go n check them out.

Sound isn't just an issue at Wembley gig but all gigs i've seen them at, they can sound muddy if that makes sense. brians vocal sometimes just gets lost and alex's guitar just vanishes when they play guitar driven songs.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013   Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 9:38 pm

f1schu111 wrote:
Sound isn't just an issue at Wembley gig but all gigs i've seen them at, they can sound muddy if that makes sense. brians vocal sometimes just gets lost and alex's guitar just vanishes when they play guitar driven songs.

100% agreed. Maybe it sounds really good from the band's POV and the sound mixer's POV so no one's ever gone out into the crowd and tested it. I can think of 3, of the 8 performances of theirs that I've seen live, where the mix was really good. Only one of them was a legitimate show. The rest were either "eh" or terrible. Weird thing is, sometimes the mix is perfect at sound check and crappy during the show.

Has anyone noticed a clear difference in the sound between being relatively up close vs, much further back?

On another note, I bet it was cool/weird to see Gaslight playing a stadium!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013   Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gaslight Anthem supporting The Killers at Wembley Stadium, 22 June 2013
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next