DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

fallon / ragan split 7\

Go down 
+13
steady now steady now
Jase
ral
Stevearm
Down by the Mersey
Forum Owner
Prisoner
Asleepontheforestfloor
Vibes
ShieldYourEyes
kieran
steph
geezfools
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
geezfools
A Contender
A Contender
geezfools

fallon / ragan split 7\ Empty
PostSubject: fallon / ragan split 7   fallon / ragan split 7\ Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 4:42 pm

Figured I would post this up. Tomorrow is the day to order this, so don't bitch in a couple weeks if you don't grab this because you were warned, haha. Also, I'd suggest checking out broadway calls, local band for me and the guys are awesome!

One of our favorite labels has made July 21st a
memorable release date in terms of upcoming vinyl. Tomorrow, May 20th,
at 2pm Mountain Standard, we will be posting pre-orders for the
following releases (BE STOKED!). Note that we have Vinyl Collective
exclusives for the Chuck Ragan / Brian Fallon split and for the Kevin
Seconds/Mike Hale split!

Chuck Ragan / Brian Fallon – Gospel Songs
Pressing Info (we will have Brown and U.S. Black vinyl):
500 – Brown (Vinyl Collective exclusive)
500 – White (Hot Topic exclusive)
1,000 – Black
500 – European Pressing – Black

Last edited by geezfools on Tue May 19, 2009 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://18milesaminute.wordpress.com
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: fallon / ragan split 7\   fallon / ragan split 7\ Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 5:10 pm

is that from vinyl collective? and why hot topic...that seems kinda odd. plus theres probably at least 500 hot topic's in malls across the country, so how many stores will actually have them? i just went to a record store today and spent too much money but looks like ill be spending a little more tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
geezfools
A Contender
A Contender
geezfools

PostSubject: Re: fallon / ragan split 7\   fallon / ragan split 7\ Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 5:38 pm

side1 usually does hot topic exclusives, so it's not a big surprise, though I think this is the first time they've done it with anything gaslight related. I think the stores get a certain amount depending on how many records they generally sell. I know the one closest to me sells tons, so they will probably get a couple, another one has like four records and they've been there for over a year....
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: fallon / ragan split 7\   fallon / ragan split 7\ Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 6:48 pm

Sweet just set up a deck for collecting 7"s this wouldnt be a bad start at all.
Back to top Go down
ShieldYourEyes
A Contender
A Contender
ShieldYourEyes

PostSubject: Re: fallon / ragan split 7\   fallon / ragan split 7\ Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 1:56 pm

I just ordered mine. I'm pretty stoked on this. First record I've bought in a few months.
Back to top Go down
geezfools
A Contender
A Contender
geezfools

PostSubject: Re: fallon / ragan split 7\   fallon / ragan split 7\ Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 2:48 pm

I grabbed the one color and then grabbed the broadway calls 7". Was gonna grab the new austin lucas 7", but vinyl collective charges so much for the 7 inches they release. 5.99, really? I can't honestly see how they can charge this much. Stoked to hear both of these though.
Back to top Go down
ShieldYourEyes
A Contender
A Contender
ShieldYourEyes

PostSubject: Re: fallon / ragan split 7\   fallon / ragan split 7\ Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 2:43 am

geezfools wrote:
I grabbed the one color and then grabbed the broadway calls 7". Was gonna grab the new austin lucas 7", but vinyl collective charges so much for the 7 inches they release. 5.99, really? I can't honestly see how they can charge this much. Stoked to hear both of these though.

Yeah, I realized after I placed my order that SideOneDummy still had copies of the great expectations 7 inch for sale....oh well. I'll get one eventually. I really want to buy some folk records next. Bob Dylan, Austin Lucas, Bristol Ridge, etc
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: fallon / ragan split 7\   fallon / ragan split 7\ Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 7:55 pm

I need some Hot Water Music/Chuck Ragan to start out with, somebody point me in the right direction, would ya?
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

PostSubject: Re: fallon / ragan split 7\   fallon / ragan split 7\ Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 2:57 am

Hey shield your eyes, if you send side one an email, they'll combine the shipping of the orders if you asked em.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: fallon / ragan split 7\   fallon / ragan split 7\ Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 12:02 pm

Vibes wrote:
I need some Hot Water Music/Chuck Ragan to start out with, somebody point me in the right direction, would ya?

Try to get a hold of
Hot Water Music- Fuel For The Hate Game
Hot Water Music - No Division
Chuck Ragan - Feast Or Famine
Back to top Go down
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

PostSubject: Re: fallon / ragan split 7\   fallon / ragan split 7\ Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 2:45 pm

Anyone know about the hot topic press? Is it going to be online or in select stores? I emailed sideone, but I might not find out til tuesday.
Back to top Go down
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: fallon / ragan split 7\   fallon / ragan split 7\ Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 12:25 am

Sunnyland Slim - Tin Pan Alley

Check out this version of the old classic that Fallon does on this 7". Nice blues!
Back to top Go down
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com
geezfools
A Contender
A Contender
geezfools

PostSubject: Re: fallon / ragan split 7\   fallon / ragan split 7\ Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 11:14 pm

Vibes wrote:

rumbleseat, fucking amazing. They had I think four seven inches and an LP. The LP should be easy enough to find online for free, but would be worth your money/time to grab a copy from no idea records.
Back to top Go down
Down by the Mersey
Wooderson
Wooderson
Down by the Mersey

PostSubject: Re: fallon / ragan split 7\   fallon / ragan split 7\ Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 1:43 pm

Has anyone got the white label version from Hot Topic yet? I keep checking the website and have emailed then but they have no details. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/bosshugo
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: fallon / ragan split 7\   fallon / ragan split 7\ Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 1:48 pm

My copy from VC is yet to be shipped which is kinda annoying but at least they have shipped my Jawbreaker LP.
Back to top Go down
Stevearm
Wooderson
Wooderson
Stevearm

PostSubject: Re: fallon / ragan split 7\   fallon / ragan split 7\ Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 2:43 pm

Kropotkin wrote:
Sunnyland Slim - Tin Pan Alley

Check out this version of the old classic that Fallon does on this 7". Nice blues!

I dont think its the same song
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stevearm
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: fallon / ragan split 7\   fallon / ragan split 7\ Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 3:46 pm

Down by the Mersey wrote:
Has anyone got the white label version from Hot Topic yet? I keep checking the website and have emailed then but they have no details. Any ideas?

According to a thread on VC, this has been delayed until 8/18.
Back to top Go down
Jase
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: fallon / ragan split 7\   fallon / ragan split 7\ Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 10:48 am

from sideone
We wanted to say thanks for pre-ordering one of the 7 Inches that we
are releasing (Broadway Calls, Chuck Ragan/Brian Fallon, Kevin
Seconds/Mike Hale)! Unfortunately, the manufacturer of the vinyl had
some unforeseen problems with their press over the past few months that
caused a slight delay in pressing the physical product. Your record
will not be shipping until the week of July 27th (to arrive
before the end of that week hopefully, depending on shipping option).
We sincerely apologize about the delay that was out of our control.
We'd like to extend a 20 Percent discount for a future order in our
online store. If interested, reply and we'll shoot over the promo code.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fallon / ragan split 7\   fallon / ragan split 7\ Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 7:12 am

Thanks for the info Jase; I was wondering why mine hadn't been dispatched. Can you please send me the link where you got it, then I can look into getting that 20% discount?
Back to top Go down
Jase
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: fallon / ragan split 7\   fallon / ragan split 7\ Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 1:52 am

Tomaldo wrote:
Thanks for the info Jase; I was wondering why mine hadn't been dispatched. Can you please send me the link where you got it, then I can look into getting that 20% discount?

it was an email to myself from the lovely folk at sideone, i'll PM the code
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fallon / ragan split 7\   fallon / ragan split 7\ Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:57 pm

sideone are awesome.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: fallon / ragan split 7\   fallon / ragan split 7\ Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 8:36 am

I got mine in the post today. Surprised to see that on the back it says

"Tin Pan Alley" by Brian Fallon (The Gaslight Anthem)

just as it says Hot Water Music after Chuck Ragan's name.

I had assumed this to be a no-mention-of-the-band release.

Last edited by steady now steady now on Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Shipyards
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Shipyards

PostSubject: Re: fallon / ragan split 7\   fallon / ragan split 7\ Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 12:37 am

Yep, I picked up a copy at Tempest Records in Birmingham (they still have a few copies for those in the Midland area of the UK) last Wednesday and my copies arrived from VC at the beginning of this week. Still trying to locate a white copy if anyone has an extra?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fallon / ragan split 7\   fallon / ragan split 7\ Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 5:13 pm

Mine was dispatched from VC a while back, was expecting it on Friday but obviously bank holiday post has been messed up.
Back to top Go down
Shipyards
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Shipyards

PostSubject: Re: fallon / ragan split 7\   fallon / ragan split 7\ Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 12:15 pm

Apparently no idea have pressed copies on grey vinyl?!?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fallon / ragan split 7\   fallon / ragan split 7\ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

fallon / ragan split 7\
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next