DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Against Me!

Go down 
+92
OldHaunts
CluckyB
A_Regular
azlisa
Breanne
LuceroDiehard
rumham
AGoodTime
HorribleCrowe
Jack
Grant Michael
enola
BuddyHolly
ThisMachineKillsFascists
AmSlang59
Jerseyrain
Holland
njguy99
StitchesOnTheRadio
TGAFAN25
xstevenbx
dmac
NeverTrustAJunkie
nebraska
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Angry Johnny Revue
Klown
Rob Himself
TGAforLIFE
plugga
n_nicole
eremitapa
Harbortown
Reinvent good times
DeathoftheCool
Bea
Tiffany
kkent16
Sinngh
Ghost To Coast
colmillionaire
verbos
fullcollapse
simo
clashcityrocker
40 Miler
Henriflame
Perka
Ryan
ral
Tim was here
drifter69
ksupilot
kcdc
steph
Johnny99
loazis
DavyGrolton
Jaywalk
Daggar Slade
rivercities
vamike
I Came To Dance
Prisoner
Stevearm
Vibes
JadedGoober7
thecosmickid
andy.mac
Refused
bradcooke
Asleepontheforestfloor
Jjaeger240
stephendgaf
kieran
sonix
laurendelore
ambrose
Forum Owner
Jukebox Romeo
dandangoose
CABBAGEDoVD!
syebot
Suck_It_Trebek
spraypainthero
billy pilgrim
Stalls_Standing
JoshRaymond
e7c
PatientFabiWheel
hyperballad
JakobDoetman
96 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Against Me! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 2:21 pm

yeah, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavalier_Eternal but the version on The Original Cowboy is the same as the one on As the Eternal Cowboy

now i'm thinking the version of Unsubstantiated Rumors on the Sink, Florida, Sink single is probly the same as the one on The Original Cowboy

Last edited by Jukebox Romeo on Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 3:02 am

You can download a song for free from their page at Fat Wreck.
Back to top Go down
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 5:44 am

I got their acoustic EP yesterday (yeah, i know, i'm nearly a decade late) and it's already done a couple trillion whirls in the player. It's really good.

I probably prefer 'em acoustic.
Back to top Go down
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 7:26 am

So after two years of owning the DVD that came with New Wave, I finally got around to watching it.

It's fricking amazing.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 6:08 am

white crossed leaked, i dont know what to make of it yet
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 6:36 am

JoshRaymond wrote:

can you pm the link? When was it due for release as well?
Back to top Go down
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 6:41 am

JoshRaymond wrote:

hey man, could you please pm me the link?

thanks
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 7:03 am

so after a few listens im not digging it that much, it has a few decent tracks but for the most part it lacks passion
Back to top Go down
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 7:04 am

got your pm, thanks man, downloading now,

i haven't listened yet, but i heard its got a real 80's replacements feels to it. what you reckon?
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 7:07 am

yeah you can really get a replacements feel,

to me at times the lyrics dont flow well
Back to top Go down
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 1:04 pm

Can somebody give me the link? I'm really excited over this!
Back to top Go down
JadedGoober7
A Contender
A Contender
JadedGoober7

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 4:06 am

Ha hasn't taken long to propagate then? It's now started turning up on torrent sites.

Very commercial sounding but I'm liking the songs more than most of the ones on New Wave, does because of the shame remind anyone of Meat Loaf?????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 4:09 am

i will try to re upload it as soon as i can

Last edited by oldgospelchoir on Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:08 am

I'm loving this record! I'm three tracks in and it's boss!
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:20 am

http://ifeelsicktomystomach.blogspot.com/

Tom Gabel's blog, acknowledges the album leak and releases the lyrics for anyone interested.
Back to top Go down
Stevearm
Wooderson
Wooderson
Stevearm

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:25 am

oldgospelchoir wrote:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2S6YZUBX

give it a shot

ahhhh! I need the password please
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stevearm

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:42 am

deleted post

Last edited by oldgospelchoir on Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 11:25 am

It is nice to see Tom acknowledge the White Crosses leak without any anger. I have such mixed feelings about leaked albums.

1. I never feel bad about downloading a leaked album, because I am one of those suckers that still buys the music! I think it is common knowledge that everyone in the world downloaded the leaked version of The 59 Sound, but I still bought it on iTunes and 3 Vinyl copies! (including 1 that I gave away in a contest)

2. The person that leaked the album should be in a world of trouble. I am not talking about someone who gets a copy and then ups it to Rapidshare, I am talking about the guy that abused the trust of the band. I am sure there is a small circle of trust that AM! trusted to hear the new album (friends, family and people working on the album) and someone broke that trust. Go after that guy with all you can!

3. Leaked albums and internet downloading wouldn't be such a big problem if the "industry" wasn't so messed up to begin with. In 1997 my friend Mark got a CD burner for his computer and it was at that point that I realized just how ripped off I was getting with each CD purchase! I hate to admit it, but I think iTunes does it right, 99 cents per song, or 10 buck for the entire album. The old argument was that a cd was worth $17 because of things like the artwork and the work that went into it. Well, I own about 10 pieces of original art, including 3 pieces that were created specifically for me and I have never spent more than 300 on a single piece. Sure if I wanted to use a Dali painting for the cover an album it would cost a pretty penny, but I bet most quality album art does not cost that much and is usually done by a friend willing to make it at a very reduced price (which album cover do you think cost more SOS or T59S? Which one is better cover?)

hmm... I thought I would write more, but that is all I have right now.

btw, I am reallly enjoying White Crosses. "I Was a Teenage Anarchist" is going to be a big hit! Great sound and a cool message that I can see people really getting behind.
Back to top Go down
JadedGoober7
A Contender
A Contender
JadedGoober7

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 2:27 pm

Well I downloaded it, and I like it and I will buy it as soon as it comes out. It wouldn't surpirse me if the band had something to do with the leak.

All downloading has ever done for me is introduce me to great new bands which I then go out and support with my hard earned cash.

I too downloaded 59 sound ,sink or swim and senor and the queen.

I then went on to see the band six times, seven in June bought the aforementioned cd's at the gig...direct from the band along with a couple of shirts. I've easily spent 1000 quids in my pursuit of seeing Gaslight gigs with my girlfriend.
Back to top Go down
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 10:28 pm

I like the new record.

To me some of the songs are pop rock but overall its pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Stevearm
Wooderson
Wooderson
Stevearm

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 8:19 pm

Alright well I was able to Torrent the album and I'm diggin it.
Teenage Anarchist's lyrics remind me of Crass' Bloody Revolution the whole "they set their rifle sights on me. Narrow visions of autonomy, you want me to surrender my identity. I was a teenage anarchist, the revolution was a lie." is what made me think this.
Because of the Shame sounds A LOT like No Surrender by Springsteen (Well the intro does)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stevearm
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 5:21 am

Some people say that WC sounds a lot like Gaslight.
I don't hear it at all
Back to top Go down
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 5:23 am

Prisoner wrote:
Some people say that WC sounds a lot like Gaslight.
I don't hear it at all

there's no way it sounds like gaslight

1) it's way over produced
2) lyrical content is different
3) it's not as good as gaslight
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 6:04 am

e7c wrote:

2. The person that leaked the album should be in a world of trouble. I am not talking about someone who gets a copy and then ups it to Rapidshare, I am talking about the guy that abused the trust of the band. I am sure there is a small circle of trust that AM! trusted to hear the new album (friends, family and people working on the album) and someone broke that trust. Go after that guy with all you can!

It was more likely to be a journo or someone within the record label that was given an advanced copy remember all the drama over the latest Dillinger Four album leaked? The guy was a writer and got fired.
Back to top Go down
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 12:50 pm

I'm halfway though the album and I'm not impressed. A little too poppy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Against Me!
Page 8 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: Other :: Other Bands-
Jump to: