DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pictures with TGA!

Go down 
+64
Steve70s
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Christophe
njguy99
Klown
Harbortown
deadstar
theBasemen
loazis
anarkistbavern
Down by the Mersey
Casey
amberfoyd
azlisa
Luca Chinaski
SmilinSkullRing
Janet
IKeeptheDiner
gib786
Daire
dermyod
Tim was here
RobertODonnell
simo
Bea
ExitEnglish
rem999
steffuhnee
Little Eden
Holland
ShieldYourEyes
Palmer89
DaveSavedTheDay
ThisMachineKillsFascists
Scarlett
sarahjay
dmac
andy.mac
colmillionaire
catalyst
justin13088
surfNJ
steph
steady now steady now
kristi_atl
Don Juan
liveit
Jukebox Romeo
ksupilot
Forum Owner
kieran
LBAZ
ktp
Snap
landan101
Refused
drunken_third
syebot
JakobDoetman
JoshRaymond
e7c
Stalls_Standing
hyperballad
billy pilgrim
68 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

Pictures with TGA! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pictures with TGA!   Pictures with TGA! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 9:50 pm

I like that idea
Back to top Go down
ThisMachineKillsFascists
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ThisMachineKillsFascists

PostSubject: Re: Pictures with TGA!   Pictures with TGA! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 8:05 pm

Brian kinda looks like Brad Pitt in nosirimokay's first photo. Pictures with TGA! - Page 6 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
dmac
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Pictures with TGA!   Pictures with TGA! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 1:42 am

haha, i can kind of see that!
i laugh whenever i look at/scroll past that picture... the face he's making is so funny... he called it "the beastie boys pose."
Back to top Go down
http://dmmaaacccc.tumblr.com
DaveSavedTheDay
A Contender
A Contender
DaveSavedTheDay

PostSubject: Re: Pictures with TGA!   Pictures with TGA! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 3:01 am

Pictures with TGA! - Page 6 N141000842_30349026_4034930

This is from when I first saw them early last year. I was SO nervous to meet him, since I'm generally awkward around people I don't know and I don't usually meet band members of bands I love, ahaha. After this pic he told me "I'm sorry if this sucks, I never know what to do with my face!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.scheponik.com
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Pictures with TGA!   Pictures with TGA! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 5:36 pm

DaveSavedTheDay wrote:
Pictures with TGA! - Page 6 N141000842_30349026_4034930

This is from when I first saw them early last year. I was SO nervous to meet him, since I'm generally awkward around people I don't know and I don't usually meet band members of bands I love, ahaha. After this pic he told me "I'm sorry if this sucks, I never know what to do with my face!"

i know what you mean. ive always said if i saw a famous person i wouldn't be tempted to bother them by trying to start and conversation and fawn all over them or ask to take a picture. i did take a pic w/ Brian @ one of the shows, but i always feel super awkward going up to someone like that..."can i take a picture?" it just sounds so silly. but i guess it's worth it in the end, a nice keepsake of a show you went to!
plus i imagine how difficult it would be to keep acting like you love taking pictures with people ya know? im sure sometimes they're tempted to be like "actually can i not?" haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pictures with TGA!   Pictures with TGA! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 8:57 pm

that's so cool, i ever ever get the chance to meet them personally, then i definitely should have the balls to ask them for a photo.
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Pictures with TGA!   Pictures with TGA! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 9:13 pm

I got to meet Brian once slightly. Never asked for a photo though.

He came to the front of the crowd and started chatting/taking photos, we pushed infront of a few people thanks to my girlfriend but as we got to him some guy said he was needed at the merch stall, so I quickly asked him to sign my ticket and just told him how awesome they were and left him to it.

It turns out it was kieran (from here) that we pushed infront of, who did still get to chat to him, and I'll probably always forget that moment since Brian possible saved me from a beating from this drunk guy who was pestering him.

Hopefully next time it'll be less rushed and have a longer chat/photo taken with him. I'm another one who's a little awkward around new people, let alone members of my favourite band. I know they're normal but to use folk it's a little special, I think it's great they try and chat to their fans when they can.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Pictures with TGA!   Pictures with TGA! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 6:15 pm

i think it's great that the guys are generally so open and willing to talk to their fans, and don't have the ego and attitude some people in that position do. it's awkward cause you're going up to someone who is essentially a stranger to you, but it doesn't feel like a complete stranger to you because of how you relate to their lyrics and their music, and therefore feel like you know them in a small, little way, but you don't...

the more i think about it, i think it would almost be weirder on their part.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pictures with TGA!   Pictures with TGA! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 6:57 pm

@ steph

that's what i think about a lot.
listening to and thinking about all the lyrics, i somehow made myself a picture what brian would be like as a person and sometimes i even think i know something about him, just cause of the stories he tells us.

so if i ever get the chance to meet him or the other guys, i would really be excited how my expectations about them differ from how they really are.

but it's really an opportunity to get to know the people you feel related to just because of their music. so please god, help me getting that chance.
Back to top Go down
ShieldYourEyes
A Contender
A Contender
ShieldYourEyes

PostSubject: Re: Pictures with TGA!   Pictures with TGA! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 2:55 pm

With Brian in Pittsburgh. Easily one of the best birthday presents ever.

Pictures with TGA! - Page 6 N32503422_32285845_145568
Back to top Go down
DaveSavedTheDay
A Contender
A Contender
DaveSavedTheDay

PostSubject: Re: Pictures with TGA!   Pictures with TGA! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 3:00 pm

I'm really freaked out by the fact we both have a picture with Brian at the same show in the same place... and we both went for our birthdays. How weird.
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Pictures with TGA!   Pictures with TGA! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 3:27 pm

I need one of these photos
Back to top Go down
ShieldYourEyes
A Contender
A Contender
ShieldYourEyes

PostSubject: Re: Pictures with TGA!   Pictures with TGA! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 3:31 pm

DaveSavedTheDay wrote:
I'm really freaked out by the fact we both have a picture with Brian at the same show in the same place... and we both went for our birthdays. How weird.

No kidding! Mr. Smalls? My birthday is March 28th and that show was on the '59 Sound tour on the 29th of March 2009.
Back to top Go down
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
Little Eden

PostSubject: Re: Pictures with TGA!   Pictures with TGA! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 3:31 pm

Seriously! I believe the best day of my life will be the day that I get to put a picture of me and the band up on this thread! Here's hoping!
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Pictures with TGA!   Pictures with TGA! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 4:35 pm

yeh whats the best way to go about getting one do you think?
Back to top Go down
ShieldYourEyes
A Contender
A Contender
ShieldYourEyes

PostSubject: Re: Pictures with TGA!   Pictures with TGA! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 4:37 pm

Holland wrote:
yeh whats the best way to go about getting one do you think?

Hang out after the show for a bit. Either near the stage or the merch booth and they'll be around 9 times out of 10.
Back to top Go down
DaveSavedTheDay
A Contender
A Contender
DaveSavedTheDay

PostSubject: Re: Pictures with TGA!   Pictures with TGA! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 12:10 pm

ShieldYourEyes wrote:
DaveSavedTheDay wrote:

No kidding! Mr. Smalls? My birthday is March 28th and that show was on the '59 Sound tour on the 29th of March 2009.

Yep, my birthday's April 4th, haha.
Back to top Go down
ShieldYourEyes
A Contender
A Contender
ShieldYourEyes

PostSubject: Re: Pictures with TGA!   Pictures with TGA! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 12:47 pm

DaveSavedTheDay wrote:
ShieldYourEyes wrote:
DaveSavedTheDay wrote:

Yep, my birthday's April 4th, haha.

That's awesome! small world.
Back to top Go down
steffuhnee
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
steffuhnee

PostSubject: Re: Pictures with TGA!   Pictures with TGA! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 2:37 am

I'd be happy to just meet them once. ):
My 4th Gaslight show is coming up, I hope I come upon them! <3
Back to top Go down
rem999
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
rem999

PostSubject: Re: Pictures with TGA!   Pictures with TGA! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 4:06 am

Pictures with TGA! - Page 6 Meandb12
Back to top Go down
ExitEnglish
A Contender
A Contender
ExitEnglish

PostSubject: Re: Pictures with TGA!   Pictures with TGA! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 8:09 pm

carrboro NC show about a year and a half ago
Pictures with TGA! - Page 6 28akyrk
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Pictures with TGA!   Pictures with TGA! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 8:20 pm

ExitEnglish wrote:
carrboro NC show about a year and a half ago
Pictures with TGA! - Page 6 28akyrk

i've never met him before, but i get the feeling that brian isn't really tall, is he? xD
and nice pic btw, love your shirt!
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Pictures with TGA!   Pictures with TGA! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 9:38 pm

I would guess 5'10 maybe.
Back to top Go down
rem999
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
rem999

PostSubject: Re: Pictures with TGA!   Pictures with TGA! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 11:34 pm

we see about eye to eye, hes probably got half an inch on me. i'm 5'7"
Back to top Go down
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

PostSubject: Re: Pictures with TGA!   Pictures with TGA! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 11:42 pm

That's crazy, thinking that if we met I'd be taller than him. You usually think of your heroes as being taller than you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pictures with TGA!   Pictures with TGA! - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pictures with TGA!
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next