DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pictures with TGA!

Go down 
+64
Steve70s
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Christophe
njguy99
Klown
Harbortown
deadstar
theBasemen
loazis
anarkistbavern
Down by the Mersey
Casey
amberfoyd
azlisa
Luca Chinaski
SmilinSkullRing
Janet
IKeeptheDiner
gib786
Daire
dermyod
Tim was here
RobertODonnell
simo
Bea
ExitEnglish
rem999
steffuhnee
Little Eden
Holland
ShieldYourEyes
Palmer89
DaveSavedTheDay
ThisMachineKillsFascists
Scarlett
sarahjay
dmac
andy.mac
colmillionaire
catalyst
justin13088
surfNJ
steph
steady now steady now
kristi_atl
Don Juan
liveit
Jukebox Romeo
ksupilot
Forum Owner
kieran
LBAZ
ktp
Snap
landan101
Refused
drunken_third
syebot
JakobDoetman
JoshRaymond
e7c
Stalls_Standing
hyperballad
billy pilgrim
68 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Don Juan
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Don Juan

Pictures with TGA! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pictures with TGA!   Pictures with TGA! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 3:09 am

Pictures with TGA! - Page 3 Gaslig13
April 24th outside the Gothic Theater in Denver, CO- (Me on right) Thanks to Vibes for taking the pics!

Pictures with TGA! - Page 3 Gaslig11
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/donwebb
kristi_atl
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
kristi_atl

PostSubject: Re: Pictures with TGA!   Pictures with TGA! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 4:23 pm

Pictures with TGA! - Page 3 Tgabrian

Pictures with TGA! - Page 3 Tgabenny

Pictures with TGA! - Page 3 Tgaalex1

Pictures with TGA! - Page 3 Tgaalex2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pictures with TGA!   Pictures with TGA! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 8:25 am

Most people seem to have half decent poses in their pics with the band. In all mine I look like an idiot! kristi, its great you got pictures with them all!
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: Pictures with TGA!   Pictures with TGA! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 1:48 pm

haha alex r looks a tad drunk in that last pic
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Pictures with TGA!   Pictures with TGA! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 3:45 pm

Tomaldo wrote:
Most people seem to have half decent poses in their pics with the band. In all mine I look like an idiot!

Let's see them then ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Pictures with TGA!   Pictures with TGA! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 7:53 pm

Last night benny alex l me and my wife took a picture back stage... In front of a unicorn poster!
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Pictures with TGA!   Pictures with TGA! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 8:17 pm

Show! I'm going through a Gaslight phase again, I want to see them now, and hang out with them properly again!
Back to top Go down
billy pilgrim
A Contender
A Contender
billy pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Pictures with TGA!   Pictures with TGA! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 8:19 pm

e7c wrote:
Last night benny alex l me and my wife took a picture back stage... In front of a unicorn poster!
Let's seeeee! I mean I already know what all of you (except your lady) look like, but I'm intrigued by this unicorn poster.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Pictures with TGA!   Pictures with TGA! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 9:39 pm

I would post it but i left the show last night around 2am and had to go to the field this morning for a week (I am checking out the forum on my blackberry... Technology rules!) So I can't upload the pictures until I get back
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Pictures with TGA!   Pictures with TGA! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 9:41 pm

But trust me the unicorn is radical!
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Pictures with TGA!   Pictures with TGA! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 5:52 am

kristi you lucky bitch. how did you get all those pictures? that one with brian is so cute.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pictures with TGA!   Pictures with TGA! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 9:47 am

Benny also looks waaayyy older with very little hair!
Back to top Go down
LBAZ
A Contender
A Contender
LBAZ

PostSubject: Re: Pictures with TGA!   Pictures with TGA! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 11:41 am

Tomaldo wrote:
Benny also looks waaayyy older with very little hair!

True, but not loads older.
I was really suprised when I found out how old they all were! I really thought they were a lot younger than 28-29. Maybe more around Alex L's age.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nomies_alien_lover
surfNJ
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
surfNJ

PostSubject: Re: Pictures with TGA!   Pictures with TGA! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 12:15 pm

hah, why is 28-29 old??? Going to see them tomorrow night at the Pony, when did you guys get to meet up with them...before or after the show?
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Pictures with TGA!   Pictures with TGA! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 12:45 pm

Meeting bands is surprisingly easy

Step 1: know what each guy looks like and what there name is

Step 2: try to catch them at the begining just walking around but understand that they may be setting up still so they may not have time for much more than a picture and a few words.

Step 3: during the opening bands walk around the edge of the crowd. There is an excellent chance that they are watching them too

Step 4: after the show. This is the hardest time to meet them and actually get to talk the guys. After a show they are breaking down the stuff and usually anxious to get on the road. Keep in mind that most shows are hundreds of miles away and this when they are also spending some time talking to old friends that are in the area
Back to top Go down
kristi_atl
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
kristi_atl

PostSubject: Re: Pictures with TGA!   Pictures with TGA! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 1:06 pm

steph wrote:
kristi you lucky bitch. how did you get all those pictures? that one with brian is so cute.

there were about 15-20 people hanging around out back for like an hour after the show. i was hoping you were gonna turn up because i didn't get to say bye. hope the rest of your trip went well!

wow i hope 28-29 isn't old because i am almost there!
Back to top Go down
surfNJ
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
surfNJ

PostSubject: Re: Pictures with TGA!   Pictures with TGA! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 1:26 pm

Seriously, I'm almost 28 and have a wife and daughter...but I wouldn't say I'm old!

e7c- I have step 1 down pretty good...other than that I think I have little to no chance of actually meeting them. Since they are back in Asbury for tonight and tomorrow there's probably going to be a bunch of their friends there. Last time I saw them in Asbury they came off the stage and were swarmed by friends and family. I was about 3ft away from Benny and Brian but it was very clear they were talking to friends and I didn't want to go up and interupt them for a picture and be that guy...
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Pictures with TGA!   Pictures with TGA! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 4:08 pm

i just waited out by their vans after the show, and there was an open door to the backstage area, and i just kept yelling "Brian...Brian Fallon...Brian!" and eventually he came out, maybe just to get me to shut up. then the rest of the guys came out a few minutes later, but they started talking to some of their buddies from the area and kinda ignored us, so we just left and didn't get to talk with them very long
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: Pictures with TGA!   Pictures with TGA! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 4:20 pm

dude that sucks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pictures with TGA!   Pictures with TGA! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 6:19 am

Jukebox Romeo wrote:
i just waited out by their vans after the show, and there was an open door to the backstage area, and i just kept yelling "Brian...Brian Fallon...Brian!" and eventually he came out, maybe just to get me to shut up. then the rest of the guys came out a few minutes later, but they started talking to some of their buddies from the area and kinda ignored us, so we just left and didn't get to talk with them very long

I suppose that's the problem if a lot of their friends live close to where they're performing.
Back to top Go down
LBAZ
A Contender
A Contender
LBAZ

PostSubject: Re: Pictures with TGA!   Pictures with TGA! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 10:29 am

I didn't say 28-29 was old. I was suprised because most bands 'breaking out' so to say, are younger than them. They are all such good musicians that it confused me.
It was after reading interviews and the such like that I realised why it had been so long for them individually to make the impact they have achieved with TGA.

It seems to be a lot easier to meet bands afterwards in the UK which it probably because we are such a little country (with an abnormally large population for our size). You can book tours so it only takes a couple of hours to get to venues but I understand in America there can be drives as long as 11 hours to get between shows.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nomies_alien_lover
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Pictures with TGA!   Pictures with TGA! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 5:08 pm

kristi_atl wrote:
steph wrote:

there were about 15-20 people hanging around out back for like an hour after the show. i was hoping you were gonna turn up because i didn't get to say bye. hope the rest of your trip went well!

wow i hope 28-29 isn't old because i am almost there!

ahhh...damn we didnt go around back haha i was wondering why people seemed to book it out of the place so quickly! yeah the rest of the trip went okay...i mean it seemed like the world was against us the entire trip. but the shows made it all worth it.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Pictures with TGA!   Pictures with TGA! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 5:11 pm

e7c wrote:
Meeting bands is surprisingly easy

Step 1: know what each guy looks like and what there name is

Step 2: try to catch them at the begining just walking around but understand that they may be setting up still so they may not have time for much more than a picture and a few words.

Step 3: during the opening bands walk around the edge of the crowd. There is an excellent chance that they are watching them too

Step 4: after the show. This is the hardest time to meet them and actually get to talk the guys. After a show they are breaking down the stuff and usually anxious to get on the road. Keep in mind that most shows are hundreds of miles away and this when they are also spending some time talking to old friends that are in the area

true, true... i just feel like a weirdo hanging out in front of the venues like hours beforehand. like im sure they have stuff to do, setting up and all. ive seen benny and alex l watching the opening bands often. i guess my problem is i dont want to bother them, but then again, thats how you get pictures and get to talk to them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pictures with TGA!   Pictures with TGA! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 6:25 pm

I bumped into Alex R. watching the opening band. I felt a bit awkward trying to have a conversation with him when he was with some other people, so I just got a picture and shook his hand inbetween one of the songs.

Meeting them beforehand is all down to luck... and I agree knowing their names is imperative. Shows you're a real fan. And I also think meeting them outside venues after the show is easier in the UK, as LBAZ said.
Back to top Go down
surfNJ
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
surfNJ

PostSubject: Re: Pictures with TGA!   Pictures with TGA! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 11:13 am

Ok so I still didn't really "meet" them per se...but I was standing right at gate for the VIP section and both Alex's walked right by me on their way to the bar. The first time I didn't say anything because I didn't want to feel like a stalker so I let it go. They the next time Alex R walked by he said, Excuse me and I was just like yeah sure, no problem Alex and he kinda threw me a smile and said what's up? Then...I was standing there waiting and I got a big slap on the shoulder behind me and an "Excuse me bro" and as I turned around it was Benny! As I moved out of the way for him and let him by I realized I had my camera in my hand but I still felt like an idiot asking him for a picture... oh well...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pictures with TGA!   Pictures with TGA! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pictures with TGA!
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next